Question - Optimum Oil Therapy

Dymmeonds

Hi Ladies,

My mother has always had hair that grows just for no reason, but she NEVER takes good care of it. When I was younger she would go to the salon once a month to get a wash and French Roll in her hair, immediately come home and tie it with a scarf and a hat ontop until she next went to the salon. Thank goodness, now she is all excited from watching me care for my hair and so she has become a PJ without a clue. She bought this Optimum Oil Therapy Shine Booster by SoftSheen-Carson from Walgreens. I would only be using it in her hair, but I told her I am not going to use any useless products on her (I have gotten too much good info from you ladies for that:nono:).

Anyway, has anyone used this? What is it good for?

Simply_Kelz

I have that. Haven't touched it since 8th grade. I'm in 11th.:look: Um, it's pretty oily, it's pretty much the equivalent of a heavy oil sheen to me. No moisturizing properties BUT I will admit-- my hair was pretty shiny.

Dymmeonds

I have that. Haven't touched it since 8th grade. I'm in 11th.:look: Um, it's pretty oily, it's pretty much the equivalent of a heavy oil sheen to me. No moisturizing properties BUT I will admit-- my hair was pretty shiny.

See that's what worries me. It sounds useless. I normally just relax my mom's hair, she washes and conditions (with whichever of my conditioners she can grab:ohwell:), I blow dry it and braid it in one big braid for her. It it cannot be used for a process I don't want extra useless additives in her hair because she rarely washes it.

Simply_Kelz

See that's what worries me. It sounds useless. I normally just relax my mom's hair, she washes and conditions (with whichever of my conditioners she can grab:ohwell:), I blow dry it and braid it in one big braid for her. It it cannot be used for a process I don't want extra useless additives in her hair because she rarely washes it.

Well then you probably won't like it too much. It's pretty heavy. You can kind of tell if you squeeze a bit into your hand. May I suggest just using a nice leave-in, NTM Silk-Touch comes to mind, a good moisturizer for the ends, and maybe some coconut oil for shine? Coconut oil is nice and
light. :yep:

Dymmeonds

May I suggest just using a nice leave-in, NTM Silk-Touch comes to mind, a good moisturizer for the ends, and maybe some coconut oil for shine? Coconut oil is nice and
light. :yep:

Sounds like a good idea! Thanks. I would use the Coconut oil for the conditioning and moisturizing properties though. She doesn't need any extra shine because she doesn't let anyone see her hair. She has taken to wearing this horrible dreadlock wig that I HATE!!!:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Thanks again Kelz!

Simply_Kelz

Sounds like a good idea! Thanks. I would use the Coconut oil for the conditioning and moisturizing properties though. She doesn't need any extra shine because she doesn't let anyone see her hair. She has taken to wearing this horrible dreadlock wig that I HATE!!!:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Thanks again Kelz!

Girl I am so in love with coconut oil!:infatuated: It does so many things for me! You are very welcome!

stardust1222

I've tried that stuff last year around this time at the begining of my journey and to me it made my hair not only oily but dry at the same time, if that makes any sense plus it did cause some breakage but I think it was due to the dryness factor. To me it was junk on my hair so, I try to warn people about it, before they waste their money on that crap in a yellow bottle. Plus it's ingredients don't look that stellar. I wish black hair companies would stop trying to push off trash products on us and start to sell worthy products in retail. Plus when will they realize that you can't profit off sub stadard products that don't help but
harm the consumers your targeting, I guess when people stop purchasing their junk one can only hope.

Dymmeonds

I wish black hair companies would stop trying to push off trash products on us and start to sell worthy products in retail. Plus when will they realize that you can't profit off sub stadard products that don't help but
harm the consumers your targeting, I guess when people stop purchasing their junk one can only hope.

Amen! Preach it!:yep::yep: I am telling her to take that crap back tomorrow. Just from reading the bottle I couldn't derive any healthy benefit from its use!