Question: How often do you all trim/dust a year?

How often do you trim and dust a year?

• 1 - 2 times

Votes: 23 59.0%
  • 3 - 5 times

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • 5 and up (specify)

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters

sexyeyes3616

I think I might not be trimming and dusting enough. I hardly ever trim and I dust every now and then. I am curious to how often you ladies get your hair trimmed/dust yearly?

MrJohnsonsRib

I only picked 1-2 because there was no option for zero :drunk:...but its all good cause I estimate maybe getting a trim once a year anyhow if I ever attend a beauty salon which is....once, per, year...lol I just can't afford to pay soembody to do what I can accomplish myself. I'm just too stingy and independent and I have a thing about knowing how to do for myself...but I don't mind some loving help every now and then.

Chameleonchick

I chose 1-2 times per year. I usually trim every six months but I think I will trim in March and then not again until next year.

Dposh167

b.c i keep up on my dusting...i never have to do a trim. I think the most i dust after a fresh relaxer is a lil past 1/8...maybe up to a 1/4..if i slacked during a stretch. But for the most part i dust no more 2-3x during a 4 month stretch. Right after a relaxer, 9 weeks, and maybe once more closer to week 17....and most of that dusting is as lil as 1/16

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Last year I dusted 2 times, but this year I'm not dusting at all because I have goals and need to get to BSL by the ending of May 2009. :yep:

Nonie

When I used to keep track it was once every 6-8 weeks. So that meant about 7-9 times a year. Now I just dust when I think of it, so I have no idea.

BostonMaria

I have another question.. How can I dust the ends that lies on my back? Or should I get someone to help me?

Get somebody that you absolutely trust to dust your ends in the back. You might want to check out Youtube and see how others do it.

Doin' the bump :bump:
Just had to laugh cuz "doin the bump" is so original and funny! :lachen:

I only picked 1-2 because there was no option for zero :drunk:...but its all good cause I estimate maybe getting a trim once a year anyhow if I ever attend a beauty salon which is....once, per, year...lol I just can't afford to pay soembody to do what I can accomplish myself. I'm just too stingy and independent and I have a thing about knowing how to do for myself...but I don't mind some loving help every now and then.

Same here. I cut (BC) my hair in 2007. I dusted ONCE in 2008. I might not cut at all in 2009. I have no split ends so I see no reason to cut my hair.

Simply_Kelz

I haven't dusted or trimmed since January 2008.:look: But in my defense, I got a few inches hacked off.

I might get a 1/2 trim around Spring Break or Summer though.

Then dust every 3-6 months.

sexyeyes3616

So how many inches is considered a dusting and how many inches is a considered a trim? To me anything below .5 is a dusting and anything above .5( 3/4th inch, 1 inch or more, etc.) is considered a trim. Is this true? I hope that makes sense.

wheezy807

So how many inches is considered a dusting and how many inches is a considered a trim? To me anything below .5 is a dusting and anything above .5( 3/4th inch, 1 inch or more, etc.) is considered a trim. Is this true? I hope that makes sense.
I copied this from the LHCF Acronym Thread:

Dusting - cutting appro 1/8 - 1/12 of an inch from your ends to maintian your hair. It can be done to search and destroy split ends or to keep up your trims. Many people consider a trim to be 1-2 inches. When you dust, you dont notice much of a difference. Most scissor happy stylists just cant understand this concept.

sexyeyes3616

I copied this from the LHCF Acronym Thread:

Dusting - cutting appro 1/8 - 1/12 of an inch from your ends to maintian your hair. It can be done to search and destroy split ends or to keep up your trims. Many people consider a trim to be 1-2 inches. When you dust, you dont notice much of a difference. Most scissor happy stylists just cant understand this concept.

After getting my progress whacked off down through the years after a trim aka cut, stylists really can't, don't or won't understand that concept.
Thanks for clarifying the inches for me. ;)

ImFree27

I trim 2x a year, june and december. or shall I say dust because I don't cut off that much because I really don't need too..

Kiki82

b.c i keep up on my dusting...i never have to do a trim. I think the most i dust after a fresh relaxer is a lil past 1/8...maybe up to a 1/4..if i slacked during a stretch. But for the most part i dust no more 2-3x during a 4 month stretch. Right after a relaxer, 9 weeks, and maybe once more closer to week 17....and most of that dusting is as lil as 1/16

Thanks for this information.....

op awesome thread!

kiki82