Question For Transitioners

movingforward

Moving forward and onward
I was natural for a few years and decided to relaxed a few months ago.I quickly realized that I really don't like my relaxed hair like I used to.

My thought is to loc my relaxed hair (yes straight hair can be loc'd) and add loc extensions for the length. I'm thinking of keeping the locs in for a few years until I'm fully natural.

Has anyone transition by loc'ing their hair?

I was natural for a few years and decided to relaxed a few months ago.I quickly realized that I really don't like my relaxed hair like I used to.

My thought is to loc my relaxed hair (yes straight hair can be loc'd) and add loc extensions for the length. I'm thinking of keeping the locs in for a few years until I'm fully natural.

Has anyone transition by loc'ing their hair?
There is a guy on YouTube that is a loctician, I will find out his name. I believe it's Damien. I loc'ed my hair before, I went about it the traditional way. Interlocking would be beneficial for relaxed strands. How much new growth do you have so far? Why don't you just cut off the relaxed strands and get extensions if you are concerned with the length. The weight of locs (natural or faux) is heavy on the strands.

There is a guy on YouTube that is a loctician, I will find out his name. I believe it's Damien. I loc'ed my hair before, I went about it the traditional way. Interlocking would be beneficial for relaxed strands. How much new growth do you have so far? Why don't you just cut off the relaxed strands and get extensions if you are concerned with the length. The weight of locs (natural or faux) is heavy on the strands.

I only have a few inches of new growth. which is why I'm thinking locs for the transition period.

Back