Question for those who use activator/moisturizer

alireno

Today I bought some Care Free Curl Gold activator/moisturizer. I was wondering how I should use it. Basically my question is should I use it on dry hair only or can I use it on my wet hair and let it air dry. This is my first experience with using this stuff. I bought it because of the great advice some of you gave me. My hair is natural 3B.

Kitkat

Hey girl!
Long time no see!

I have Lusters S Curl Texturizer/Moisturizer. It's good stuff but I use it with braids. I sprayed it in my hair after I removed the braids this weekend and washed my hair, to lock in the moisture. I don't know the consistency of the Care Free Curl moisturizer, but if it's similar to Lusters I'd try it on wet hair first. On dry hair you might find it a bit greasy, but try it both ways to see which you prefer.

adrienne0914

i use activator on just washed, wet hair. i mix it with alcohol-free gel and put it all over my hair before putting it into a bun. most of the time, i wear the bun with a drawstring ponytail.

cudaluv00

Can you put the activator on straight hair lie out a doobie wrap. I put the activator on and put it in a bun. I guess you are not supposed to comb your hair after you put that gunk on. Does alot of hair come out when you wash it out.

adrienne0914

no, i definitely don't recommend putting activator on hair just out of a doobie. it's too wet for that.

i don't have any problems combing my hair with activator on. it's easier to do once it's dry. when dry, it feels like i don't really have anything on it. and i haven't noticed alot of hair coming out from washing. it's just another styling product.