S-CURL MOISTURIZER OR ACTIVATOR?

debyjay

Hey ya'll, I know some ladies use s-curl for moisture is it the activator or moisturizer that those of you who do use? I am confused. I saw both in the store but left without either one to come get your input. My first and last twist-out came out fine except for my hair being extremely dry and hard looking. Any other suggestions are welcome also.
TIA

Peachtree

I use S-Curl "No Drip" in the blue & white spray bottle. It says both "Moisturizer & Activator" .... I know this isn't helping u... let me see if I can post a pic of it....

Peachtree

Here it is...

debyjay

Thank you Peachtree!!! I was off doing my routine. I'm sure this will help my twist-outs look better.

pebbles

I use it to keep my hair moisturized, especially on really hot days. Then I put my hair up in a bun, and I'm good for the rest of the day.

sithembile

Peachtree do you know what the ingredients are? Does it contain petroleum, mineral oil or any harmful alcohols?

Dejuan42

i hate that moisturizer my hair was so greasy plus its got that alcohol in it. It does have B-5 which may thicken your hair though

Cres81

I get pretty good results with the S-curl moisturizer. Most of the time I use it as a leave-in. I also use it to hydrate my hair when wearing curly styles.

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
Peachtree do you know what the ingredients are? Does it contain petroleum, mineral oil or any harmful alcohols?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi luv, here's some info...

Curls, Waves & Natural Hair with Vitamin B5. S-Curl Activator and Moisturizer may be used daily to maintain and condition your curly hair style. It contains glycerine and vitamin B5, which together eliminate breakage and keep your curls soft, healthy and with a lasting sheen. This special "No Drip" formula allows you to use S-Curl Activator and Moisturizer without fear of ruining your clothes or pillow cases. S-Curl Activator and Moisturizer can be used daily by the entire family and will not leave a greasy build-up.

Instructions
Hold bottle about six (6) inches from hair, spray S-Curl Activator and Moisturizer evenly over the entire head, massage completely through, then style. Use daily to maintain proper moisture balance.

Ingredients
Water , Glycerine , Cetearyl Alcohol , Propylene Glycol , Acetamide Mea , Ceteth-20 , Olealkonium Chloride , Stearalkonium Chloride , Panthenol , Simethicone , Imidazolidinyl Urea , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Fragrance

Warnings & Precautions
For external use only. Avoid eye contact and keep hair away from open flames. if product gets into eyes, rinse thoroughly with water. Keep out of the reach of children.

As u can see, it does not contain mineral oil nor petroletum. I also avoid those ingredients. Yes, it does contail "alcohol", but it's "cetearyl alcohol", which actually aids the hair (emulsifier). There's a thread about it somewhere...

G

is that moisturizer the same as the worlds of curls moisturizer. just curious and do u use it after u wash your hair or any time of day.

henrilou

I have been using this when my press gives out. I just sort of saturate my hair and stick in a bun. LOVE IT. I feel like my hair is moistuized and moist all day and it's really good if you are concerned about your ends drying out. I get a my hair done at the shop every 2 weeks, and she says that washing it out is no problem.

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
is that moisturizer the same as the worlds of curls moisturizer. just curious and do u use it after u wash your hair or any time of day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Christi

I've never used "Worlds Of Curls", however, our hair queen Adrienne has used them both. Maybe u can send her a pm...

As far as how I use S-Curl... well, it's a very heavy moisturizer.... on my relaxed hair I've always used it on *dry hair*, solely for my updos... buns, etc. I'll drench my hair in it & it stays moisturized nearly all wk

However, I'm considering trying it on wet hair. I'm thinking maybe it'll soften & moisturize my new growth, thus easing my transition... I'll see

adrienne0914

LOL @ hair queen...

i've never used the World of Curls moisturizer, just the gel activator in the tub. i love that stuff. i mix it with Fantasia IC gel in a separate container. after i wash, condition and put a leave-in on, i put the mix on and put my hair up in a bun. then i put Vaseline on my ends, do the baggy trick, and then the phonytail.

i had used S-Curl for a couple of years. i now use World of Curls because it's alot heavier, which means i don't have to use it as often. the lazy part of me likes that.

peachtree, i think you'll be pleased with the S-Curl on your wet hair for softening the new growth. i don't think i've ever used it on dry hair. do you just drench your ends with it? if not, do you find that it bothers your scalp? all of the activators make my scalp itch bad if i apply it directly on there. incidental contact isn't a problem though.

Peachtree

Yes, "hair queen"
u are... I always find a different title for u
!

Oops, my bad
I thought there was only 1 type of "Worlds Of Curls"...

Girl, I drench *my entire head* with it... yes, from scalp
to ends. It doesn't irritate my scalp at all
. After reading ur post, now I'm really excited
about using it on my wet new growth
. My current pure glycerin & distilled water mix works very well, but a *thicker*, heavier moisturizer (S-Curl) seems like it'll give even better results.... more than likely, I'm post my results after use