QUESTION FOR THE CO-WASHERS.

tatambabyy

HOW OFTEN DO YOU GUYS CO-WASH. I USUALLY CO WASH ONCE A WEEK. AND WHEN DO YOU USE SHAMPOO? I HAVENT USED SHAMPOO SINCE LAST MONTH, IS THAT NASTY?:blush: WILL CO WASHING MORE THEN ONCE A WEEK CAUSE A RELAXER TO REVERT? I HOPE IM MAKING SENSE!

Toy

I co wash 2x times a week
I dont use shampoo
and co washing more than once a week does not cause relaxer to revert

Hope i helped

SouthernTease

I co-wash daily...
I never shampoo...
you shouldn't either.
I think shampoo is evil !!!
I do herb rinses and ACV rinses to cleanse 2-3 times per week.

tatambabyy

THANKS LADIES! I WAS SOO CLOSE TO SHAMPOOING MY HAIR. IM GONNA STICK TO MY CO WASHES. LOVE IT! IM GONNA START CO WASHING TWICE A WEEK INSTEAD OF ONCE. A DC BOTH TIMES!

poookie

I wash about 3 - 4 times a week, and cowash 2 or 3 times. i only use shampoo 5 or 6 times a month, and only about 3 quarter sized amounts on just my scalp.

and washing this often can't revert your relaxer; you'll be fine. i've been cowashing on a regular basis since last december, and my relaxer hasn't 100% reverted yet! :grin:

(n btw, OP, in internet speak, typing IN ALL CAPS denotes yelling, or anger. plus it's a bit distracting, and difficult to read.)

tatambabyy

I wash about 3 - 4 times a week, and cowash 2 or 3 times. i only use shampoo 5 or 6 times a month, and only about 3 quarter sized amounts on just my scalp.

and washing this often can't revert your relaxer; you'll be fine. i've been cowashing on a regular basis since last december, and my relaxer hasn't 100% reverted yet! :grin:

(n btw, OP, in internet speak, typing IN ALL CAPS denotes yelling, or anger. plus it's a bit distracting, and difficult to read.)

oops:blush: it's a bad habit of mine because I hate capitilizing my "I"s. takes too much time. lazy i know.

yuriko

I cowash 2-3x a week, and shampoo once a week, but whatever you think is best for you is fine
For shampoos, I like ORS aloe shampoo, Nexxus humectress, Herbal Essenses Long term relationship or or hello hydration, also like Olive oil shampoo (by africa's best)

nichole21

I co-wash every 2-3 days, I love the feeling. I don't have a set time frame on shampoo, just whenever I think about it. I use Nexxus Humectress to co-wash.

feelfree

i co-wash mid-week and shampoo on the weekend.

i co-wash using Trader Joe's Nourish Spa, VO5, or Herbal Essence (red or teal bottle)
i wash using CON green label, Giovanni's Smooth as Silk, Mastey's, or Trader Joe's

Filmatic

I cw daily or every other and I shampoo with castille soap and water every 2 weeks. I started out with every week, but since I cut down cones I don't need it as much. When I use to use poo I liked Tresseme for clarifying and Suave Humectress.

For CW I use Mill Creek Organics and Loreal Vive Pro Nutri and Hydra Gloss.

Mandy4610

I co wash everyday/every other day. I am currently using Herbal essences citrus lift (this condish is cheap and works like a charm, I paid a dollar for it at dollarama), When it is finished I will use Mizani thermasmooth. Mizani Thermasmooth works really really good for my hair but its expensive.
I shampoo once a week. I was using CON green label, but now I am using silk elements Olive oil Shampoo (Its their new one in a green bottle)
I am natural so no relaxer reversion.

cookie1

Last night I tried the nexxuss humctress and my hair hated it! I think I will stick to it as a leave in.

My hair hate the humectress also. I cowash at least once a week (still new to me) but, not more than 2 times and wash once a week, clarifying once a month. So far, my hair is liking the cowashes esp. w/ Vatika Frosting as a pre poo/cond...

titan

I you want you can clarify once a month, and co-wash whenver you feel like you need to . you can clarify with natural ingrediants if it suits you(baking soda mixed with shampoo) or use a claryifing shampoo.

morehairplease

I dcw every other day but this may change to everyday depending on how my hair responds to my sweaty workouts. Just recently, I decided not to use shampoo at all and only cw. However, I plan on using shampoo the week before my relaxer touch-up to clarify & do a deep protein treatment.

spacetygrss

I shampoo 1-2x per week with Joico Moisture Recovery Shampoo. I cowash every day except the days when I DC (Joico Moisture Recovery balm or ORS Replenishing). I use my Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner to cowash.
I am natural so I can't comment on relaxers reverting, but I can't imagine that such a thing would happen.

KizzieNapps

I co-wash daily and poo with my shikaikai shampoo bar about twice a week. When I was relaxed I co-washed 2-3 times/week it did not make my relaxer revert but everyone's hair is different. I dont think not pooing will hurt your hair. Most conditioners have cleansing ingredients in them. As long as u are not getting build-up on your scalp you should be fine.

gabulldawg

I cowash whenever I feel like it. I cowash a lot when I'm toward the back-end of my stretch (last 4-5 weeks). It helps keep my new growth soft. When I get a fresh relaxer I don't cowash as often because I like to wear my own hair straight more often.