Question for Daily Cowashers...

MayaB12

I know this is probably covered in a thread somewhere in the LHCF sphere but I'll ask again. What conditioner do you use for cowashing? I use Herbal Essence's LTR, but I recently bought Yes to Carrots and I'm wondering if that's apropriated for cowashing? I'm still navigating through the whole protein/ moisture balance issue and I'm unsure about what products are safe. I'm currently cowashing 4-5 times a week and I'd hate to use a product that would cause me to have protein overload.

Diva_Esq

I rotate mine. Some days I use YTC or HE TT/ LTR or HH. Some days, if I am especially dry, I use Mizani Moisturefuse, Keracare Humecto or Bedhead Moisture Maniac! I just try to listen to my hair & adjust. I only protein once monthly. I am natural.

By the way, I am a conditioner whore, so I keep a variety!! :lachen:

HTH!

NaturalBoss

I also rotate conditioners. Most of the time I use really cheap ones like Aussie Moist and V05, but I also use Lustrasilk Cholesterol and I have some Elasta DPR-11 (I haven't tried it yet). Like Diva Esq mentioned, listen to your hair. I don't know what kind of protein/moisture balance I have, but my hair is doing really good right now.

Chameleonchick

I rotate mine. Some days I use YTC or HE TT/ LTR or HH. Some days, if I am especially dry, I use Mizani Moisturefuse, Keracare Humecto or Bedhead Moisture Maniac! I just try to listen to my hair & adjust. I only protein once monthly. I am natural.

By the way, I am a conditioner whore, so I keep a variety!! :lachen:

HTH!

HAHAHA :rofl:

To answer the OPs question for more frequent cowashes I use VO5 because it is so light, but I have plenty of Herbal Essences to use up, so I have to add that in. I have my eye on that Sulfate free Tresseme, but last year I spent waaaay too much on stuff so I am using that up first.

tamikachu =]

I rotate between Herbal Essences Hello Hydration and Pantene Pro-V Curls. These two make detangling very easy and the smell so good!

Whimsy

Altho I'm doing a personal use it all up challenge right now, I too vote for the ROTATE option. Protein monthly for me.

CaliDiamond

Trader Joe's Nourish Spa- Very Moisturizing
V05 Kiwi Lime - Detangles my 8 wk post hair so easily. Im mostly fine 4b.

swalker31

Well the key things I do is listen to my hair. My conditioners are the V05's, LeKairs Cholesterol and of course Suave. I also rotate but mostly all of them are on the moisturizing end. I may up my protein cycle to three weeks because I'm also on the Jheri Juice challenge and I want to watch the moisture intake. If you're concerned about to much moisture, you can always add some SAA to the conditioner. I've done that before and it works great.

LaFemmeNaturelle

I don't rotate I just one until I finish because I have so many products I'm trying to use up. When I run out, I'll probably only keep 3 in rotation just for smells (Suave, Vo5 and TRESemme)

MayaB12

Well the key things I do is listen to my hair. My conditioners are the V05's, LeKairs Cholesterol and of course Suave. I also rotate but mostly all of them are on the moisturizing end. I may up my protein cycle to three weeks because I'm also on the Jheri Juice challenge and I want to watch the moisture intake. If you're concerned about to much moisture, you can always add some SAA to the conditioner. I've done that before and it works great.

Thank you ladies for the great information. I'm glad to see there are so many choices and that they a cheap too.

What is SAA?

Last edited: