Question - Aphogee 2-Step Protein Treatment

princessdi

Okay, I was viewing Ateyaa's Youtube video on how she applies the Aphogee 2-Step Protein Treatment today and had a question.

All of her steps look good except for her following up with the Aphogee 2-Minute Reconstructor after using the hard core protein treatment. Is this step necessary and would this be too much protein?

I for one am very protein sensitive and can suffer from protein overload quickly. Does anyone know why this step is needed? I would think the Aphogee 2-Step Protein Treatment would be enough.

If anyone knows and can explain why this step could be beneficial, please advise.

Thanks.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
ummmm, thats wayyyy to much fricken protein at one time!!!! there is NO NEED for the two minute!!!!! what is she smoking?...........um lol

beans4reezy

Hi Princess. I actually think following up the two step with the reconstructor would be too much protein. If you are protein sensitive - I would definitely skip this step. The 2 step is a MAJOR protein, you need to follow it up with a super moisturizing conditioner- not the reconstructor, which itself is another light protein.

Not sure why Ateeya does that to her own hair; she probably gets good results from it. But I wouldn't recommend this for a protien sensitive head at all or really anyone for that matter.

loonggood

Hi Princess. I actually think following up the two step with the reconstructor would be too much protein. If you are protein sensitive - I would definitely skip this step. The 2 step is a MAJOR protein, you need to follow it up with a super moisturizing conditioner- not the reconstructor, which itself is another light protein.

Not sure why Ateeya does that to her own hair; she probably gets good results from it. But I wouldn't recommend this for a protien sensitive head at all or really anyone for that matter.
how porfessional you are
learning from you

princessdi

I would never put that much protein near my hair, but just wanted to get opinions from others as to why one would do this or feel the need to add two proteins in one setting.

Thanks for the responses.

ceebee3

I've done it with no problems but my hair loves protein. I always follow up with a moisturizing deep conditioner.

chasturner84

I definitely agree that you don't need that much protein. I tried double protein ONCE and will never do it again. My hair felt like straw for about 2 weeks no matter how much moisture I put in it and I had only used AO GBP shampoo and the Aphogee 2 min reconstructor. :wallbash: After I use the 2 step, I can't imagine using another protein product for weeks.