Question about Kenra products

G

I've been searching for a good moisturizing shampoo that is ph balanced for dry hair. I really wanted to try out the Elucence line but before I invest in their products I would like to try a sample size..but they don't offer samples. So instead I want to know if Kenra was really good. I know that alot of people on here also use Kenra hair products and I heard that they have samples. Question: How does Kenra work on black hair? Is the conditioner really good to follow up a protein treatment? Does it contain SLS? I know I can try out the samples but..I just wanted to see if it detangled natural hair...because there is no need for me to order samples to try it out when I can focus on finding another product that works. Where do you find it? From what I understand you can't go to a beauty supply store or order it off their website. On the website, it says that you can only purchase it at salons. I typed in my zip code and all these white salons showed up...that had me wondering...does it really work for black hair...

BrEE

i just purchased the kenra clarifying shampoo,moisturizing shampoo, and the conditioner.hopefully i'll have great results.

miss_brown

I have yet to try it too, but the most efficient way for you to figure out if it works for your hair is to drop customer service an email and ask for a sample.

As far as it's use on natural hair goes, when I was lurking at nappturality, a number of ladies over there raved about the moisturizing conditioner. On this side of town, hairlove (who's transitioning) also swear by this conditioner. HTH

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo was drying to my hair. My hair felt stripped. I don't have that problem with Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo.

I found Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner better than Kenra Moist. Cond as well.

I calculated the price of the Elucence products, plus shipping and the cost was the same as Kenra purchased locally.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I really like the Kenra MC, but I have found that I like Elucence much better
It gives me consistent results.

inthepink

The main reason I tried Kenra was b/c I read on a natural's website about it being her staple shampoo. I love it.

northernbelle

Natori,

I have relaxed hair, which also tends to be dry. I have used the Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner since August 2003, and I could not be more pleased. Prior to the transition to Kenra, I was a long-time, confirmed Aveda Pure Fume Brilliant user. Since my first log on to th LHCF, I discovered that my hair had many more needs than the Aveda Pure Fume Brilliant products were able to sufficiently satisfy.

The shampoo does not contain SLS.

I visited my family for the Thanksgiving holiday, and brought my Kenra products with me. I washed everyone's hair: Mommmy, Popi and my older brother. each was thrilled at the softness, shine and manageability of his/her hair.

northernbelle

northernbelle

Natori,

Some additional information.

Kenra products may be purchased at Trade Secret. Moreover, many on-line sites do sell the products. Last, if there are salons in your area, regardless which sell Kenra products, then run, don't walk, to the salon which is the closest to you!

northernbelle