Question about cornrows under wigs

ok ladies i wanna start PSing with wigs. so i have a few questions about taking care of your cornrows underneath.
- how long can you keep the cornrows in
- can you deep condition your cornrows
- has anyone had any setbacks due to wearing cornrows ?

i think thats about it any extra information would be greatly apreciated

NikkiQ

I normally keep mine in for 4-5 weeks b/c my hair normally grows enough to the point where they have to be redone by then. I DC by applying the conditioner using the relaxer method-with an applicator brush. That way you can get to the NG under the braids as well. No set back as of yet *knock on wood*

Carisa

-how long can you keep the cornrows in? I keep them in 3-4 weeks
-can you deep condition your cornrows? You can, i typical dont dc in braids (unless they are loose plaits)
-has anyone had any setbacks due to wearing cornrows? Not at all, I have not experienced any type of breakage this year from this method

Also make sure to use detanger before braid removal (I just pour the whole bottle of mane n tail detangler over my hair the day before braid removal), i spray in leave in conditioner (infusium 23) on them almost daily and put coconut oil on them almost daily. i only wash hair with water and conditioner about 2x weekly- i dont trust using shampoo in my braids.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
- how long can you keep the cornrows in I keep mine in for 4-6 weeks
- can you deep condition your cornrows Yes--and steam
- has anyone had any setbacks due to wearing cornrows ? No.

OrangeMoon

-how long can you keep the cornrows in? I keep them in 3-4 weeks
-can you deep condition your cornrows? You can, i typical dont dc in braids (unless they are loose plaits)
-has anyone had any setbacks due to wearing cornrows? Not at all, I have not experienced any type of breakage this year from this method

Also make sure to use detanger before braid removal (I just pour the whole bottle of mane n tail detangler over my hair the day before braid removal), i spray in leave in conditioner (infusium 23) on them almost daily and put coconut oil on them almost daily. i only wash hair with water and conditioner about 2x weekly- i dont trust using shampoo in my braids.

I *heart* that stuff OMG it's the best!

GreenD

Hi there, I usually wear my cornrows/box braids for 2 months (3 is a stretch), and I'll redo them in between as needed. I wash/condition twice a week, spritz 2x daily, and I keep my ends moisturized. And, no I haven't had a setback. IMHO wearing your hair in cornrows underneath a wig is the best PS.

Amen to the MNT detangler!! :)

lamaria211

lindsaywhat said:
bump! would 8 weeks (without redoing) be too long?

For me 8 weeks would be to long especially if I was washing and dcing they would be knotted like crazy but maybe if u only moisturized and used braid spray they might be ok. Hth