Protein treatments and BKT

bellebebe

How often should I do protein treatment after a bkt? Or is it even necessary.

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

CamisCurlees

How often should I do protein treatment after a bkt? Or is it even necessary.

Hey Bellebebe!

I just had my fourth Coppola treatment about a month ago (had four in the year + between Feb 2010 and April 2011) and would def recommend using additional protein in between treatments. I didn't do ANYTHING protein related to my hair between the first and third treatment which left it sorta mushy and made my ends snap like crazy. I did a hard protein between the third and fourth which I believe helped me retain length and strength a lil better. Just my .02 :)

HTH n HHG :)

bellebebe

Hey Bellebebe!

I just had my fourth Coppola treatment about a month ago (had four in the year + between Feb 2010 and April 2011) and would def recommend using additional protein in between treatments. I didn't do ANYTHING protein related to my hair between the first and third treatment which left it sorta mushy and made my ends snap like crazy. I did a hard protein between the third and fourth which I believe helped me retain length and strength a lil better. Just my .02 :)

HTH n HHG :)
Thank you so much, doll. You just saved me some hair lol.

MsSanz92

I plan on BKTing in the next few weeks and I would recommend a light to moderate protein or reconstructor like Aphogee 2 min reconstructor or Joico K Pak reconstructor. I plan on using Roux Mendex, which is a moderate protein every 6 weeks between treatments.

Your Cheeziness

I didn't need protein when I got my BKTs. My hair was very soft, but still strong. I think protein treatments are supposed to use when they're needed and that will vary by the individual. Just monitor your hair and if you need it, use it.