4a/4b Natural Heads who BKT often

princessnad

Thanks 4 respondidng Princess!!

Yea I do have questions :)

because back in my press and curl days I got heat damage all the time. Now that im natural with the use of heat protectants and a lower flat iron temp my hair doesnt do that.

I want to try this treament say when I wanna wear my hair straight for a month or two.I am mainly wondering if there was any negative effects if I did this maybe once or twice and then never again. Like, Is there a difference in the newly grown texture and the hair that recieved the treatment??? And do ppl see heat damage, because that 450 degree needed to "bake the treatment" sounds mighty scary.

Also since I have never had a perm either Im scared of chemical treament. (I know this is mainly Keratin not like a perm). Im nervous but definately intrigued enough to try!!

And can any other naturals chime in tooo!!!! I need all the answers I can get!!!!!

I think it's important to use heat protectant on hair if you are straightening (outside of the time of treatment). People say that there is a protective factor, but I wouldn't take the chance. Your hair can still get heat damaged so continue the use of HP when straightening and I don't think you would get heat damage.

I didn't see damage with the 450 degree flat iron at the time of treatment. :yep:

You are actually in a better state since you have never had a perm. Virgin hair is less prone to the permanent loss of curl pattern some texlaxed ladies have suffered. Since you are fully natural and you currently have healthy hair, there should be no problem with wearing the treatment for a couple of months then going back to fully natural hair.

HTH

ChristmasCarol

lila baby, I'm using it on myself to transition. I am many months past my last texlaxes and hadn't experienced any problems with shedding or breakage before BKT, but now i can straighten my hair more often (still with low heat) without worrying about damaging it.

Last edited:

precious-olivia

lila baby, I'm using it on myself and two of my daughters (third daughter is virgin) to transition. we are many months past our last texlaxes and hadn't experienced any problems with shedding or breakage before BKT, but now we can straighten our hair more often (still with low heat) without worrying about damaging it.

when you wash your hair, is the texture a little wavy/curly or straight?

melodies815

Just wanted to say that this is a GREAT thread...so much easier to read than the long BKT support thread. I got all the info I needed in a couple of pages. Thanks to everyone who is a BKT expert and has chimed in with answers and suggestions!!!! :yep::yep:

cj

lana

Well I'm texlaxed 4b and I'm interested in BKT but my hair does not respond well to protein. Is BKT really not for me? Can someone please answer?

Oh and I use a semi-permanent rinse on my bangs. So will that work with BKT?

I would of course STOP texlaxing forever, if BKT could work for me.