If your hair does not like protein and you are relaxed I have a question

Jadore_tay

I learned the hard way 2 months ago that my hair does not like a lot of protein. I am relaxing on June 30th (3 months stretch would be over) and I would like to prep my hair for the relaxer. I had planned on clarifying and doing a protein treatment a week before relaxer but I am scared to do a protein treatment.
So ladies help me please, Should I still do a protein treatment before the relaxer?

Side note: my hair is not breaking just shedding a little.

RosesBlack

I would say if your hair doesn't like protein normally don't do the treatment. My hair doesn't like hardcore protein so I do gentle protein and I use products with smaller amounts of protein consistently and that keeps my moisture/protein balance in check for the most part.

CHECKMATE!

Don't do it Tay...especially if you KNOW your hair does not like it,you are asking for breakage and hardening of your hair. Try the 2min re-constructor after your relaxer or 1 week after...and apply a good moisturizing condish,because you will definitely need it :yep:

HeChangedMyName

Don't do the treatment if you know for sure that your hair hates protein. Use Porosity control after your relaxer and be sure to neutralize to prevent any damage from the relaxer.

Also, can you use products with protein, like mango butter? If so, use them heavily prior to relaxing to help bolster the hair a bit.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
My hair hates protein too, I mean DESPISES it! But Aubrey Organics GPB is what's up!!!! It actually made my hair SOFT and immediately melted into my hair!!!! Girl, try it, you'll absolutely love it! My hair loves GPB, but I also like Millennia Mud Reconstructor from Sally's

CHECKMATE!

My hair hates protein too, I mean DESPISES it! But Aubrey Organics GPB is what's up!!!! It actually made my hair SOFT and immediately melted into my hair!!!! Girl, try it, you'll absolutely love it! My hair loves GPB, but I also like Millennia Mud Reconstructor from Sally's

Indeed :yep:...forgot about this stuff...it seems like a mixture of moisture and protein...Tay,you may want to try this :yep:

shasha8685

I agree with what was already posted...do not do a hardcore protein treatment! However, after you get a relaxer you should use products with mild protein in them (i.e., ORS Replenishing Conditioner, AO GPB, etc. )as often as needed. This way you keep your moisture/protein balance in check. HTH!

Desarae

Co signing with the other ladies. Don't do it, just use a mild protien like Aphogee 2min, or GBP.

Everything Zen

Your hair sounds like mine OP. My mainstays in that area are Le Kair Cholesterol, ORS Replenishing and Hair Mayo treatments. Follow up with a moisturizer and you should be good to go. I asked for Sistaslick's advice before my last relaxer on that one and the cholesterol seems to be your best bet bc the protein is a basic coating that will only last for a few washes. Also make sure you coat your hair with a good heavy oil as another protectant from run-off. Good luck!