Protein shakes and growth?

BellaLunie

Anyone using protein shakes for faster growth? What dosage in grams are you taking daily? I'm using a whey protein that has 25 grams of protein per scoop and I wondered how much would be enough. TIA

hair4romheaven

I drank two a day so that's two scoops. Check eggelette thread. I subtitute my egg for whey protein but use all the other ingredients.

It worked GREAT!!!!

PrincessLinzz

I drink a protein shake daily.

I am not sure if it contributes to my hair growth, but it is Tri-Part protein (rice, pea and soy with spirulina). It has 14g of protein, 300 mcg of biotin, 6mcg of B12 and 10mg of pathothenic acid. All of what I heard from here contribute to hair growth....

mariofmagdal

I use ISOFEMME, not necessarily for hair growth. It is formulated for women. Each scoop contains 27g of Soy protein. I drink at least 3 per day. It's not a shake. One scoop is considered 54% daily value. I found it at the Vitamin Shoppe. I used to use the Designer Whey/Soy combo especially for women, also at the vitamin shoppe, but I can no longer find it there, don't know what happened.

dachsies_rule!

I was drinking protein meal replacement shakes which have 15 g of protein per shake...i was drinking 5-6 a day and eating 2 meals, so i was getting 100g+ a day. When i drank them consistently i got an inch in a month...i need to go back to drinking them.

DigitalRain

Before my surgery I trained with weights a lot and I would drink protein shakes 1-2 times daily to help with building muscle. I noticed that my hair grew in faster and stronger and even my nails, which normally peel like onions and are weak, were hard and strong.

My only gripe with these protein powders is that they can give you some serious gas :look: It levels off once your tummy adjusts, but those first few glasses were like whoa :look: