Protectiv Temple Cream

L

legs71

I've been using it for 2.5 weeks now and this stuff gets a /images/graemlins/up.gif. My edges are growing in much faster now. It beats the crap out of buying the ORS Temple Balm for $10.99!!! You get the same results for half the price.

I agree Legs:) This stuff is amazing. Even if it did nothing for the edges i love the softness it gives my hairline. I've noticed (but can't say for sure) little hairs sprouting /images/graemlins/grin.gif I don't really have a problem hairline but i like to keep that area well moisturised especially after washing my face and soaps and cleansers going into the hairline.

Don't you just love that you only need a tiny lil amount and at how cheap it is.

does it work like the ors temple balm? can it be used to help stimulate growth in other places, because my sides are thining and the ors stuff is sooo expensive for such a little bit

Chakira

yes that's the point of the product. /images/graemlins/smile.gif It's actually called Anti Thinning Circulant Stimulator and you can see what the product looks like here Profective

J4L I think you can find it in any regular shop that sells black hair products it's part of the Profectiv brand. Some may not stock it though as I've found in London, but generally it shouldn't be too difficult to get hold of.

woo hoo!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gifI'm sold! on my way home i'm going to pick some up (the recovering product junkie in me can't resist! /images/graemlins/naughty.gif

LondonDiva,

It makes my rough edges extremely soft and manageable. I usually put it on twice a day. I think what makes it so effective in helping grow back thinning areas is the "gritty" specks in it that exfoliate the scalp. Girl, anywhere I can save a buck and still get effective results I ain't complaining.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
legs71 said:
LondonDiva,

It makes my rough edges extremely soft and manageable. I usually put it on twice a day. I think what makes it so effective in helping grow back thinning areas is the "gritty" specks in it that exfoliate the scalp. Girl, anywhere I can save a buck and still get effective results I ain't complaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

Legs it's the only hair product I've carried with me like a puppy dog in a purse. I just can't leave it at home.

Legs it's the only hair product I've carried with me like a puppy dog in a purse. I just can't leave it at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/cry3.gif /images/graemlins/cry3.gif I give up, I give up! /images/graemlins/whyme.gif I promised myself "no more shopping for at least 2weeks." I'm telling you, I'm gonna put my computer on lock-down. I wish I had me some addresses. 'Cause I sure would be sending yall the bill!

Great, i just went out and purchased this today!! I hope ot works well for me, looks like it'll last a long time judging by its directions for use and consistency.

I agree with you, I have been using it and I can't stop talking about how good it makes my hair feel, and I'll use it 2ice a day without thinking...like in between posts, or while talking on the phone, what do u think I'm doing? I wear alot of pony tails when my hair is out and even if it didn't do anything for my hair, at least the area is being stimulated, ya know what I mean? /images/graemlins/smile.gif Anyway, just wanted to share!

BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oops, I'm so, so, sorry I forgot about the recovering PJ's on this board. For those of you who don't want to give in to the PJism you can get samples from their website. The downside is I think it takes a long, long time to receive them.

i must add here that i tried 2 whole pots of this stuff over months and the results were inconsistent, my edges would grow back and then erode agin and so on. plus it didnt tingle for me.

i have had better results with my own mixture of virgin castor oil and wheat germ oil (a natural source of vitamin E). I use this mixture and a mix of essential-carrier oil with peppermint on my hairline morning and night alternatively. its cheap. and it works for me. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yesterday when I went into Sally's, they had the Profectiv items on sale!!! I bought the item in the green and white jar. /images/graemlins/frown.gif I guess I have to go back and buy the yellow and white jar /images/graemlins/smile.gif I guess I'm becoming a pj because I just went into Sally's to just browse around. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

A lot of the times it's the menthol, peppermint that makes the scalp tingle. For a lot of people they use products like that cause it's like confirmation that something is going on there. I don't think the Profectiv is supposed to tingle at all. It's just post relaxer when I used mine my scalp was so sensitive water would make my damn head tingle.

When you say erode, what were you doing to make them "erode"?

LondonDiva said:

When you say erode, what were you doing to make them "erode"?

[/ QUOTE ]

nothing, i meant the edges stop growing or i can actually see they are going away (Like being erased away /images/graemlins/mad.gif)

LondonDiva said:
I was always under the impression once the hair grows in it stays.

[/ QUOTE ]

ithink the edges are very sensitive esp when baby hairs start to develop. you must be extra gentle on them when rubbing oils and creams on, scarf tying etc. or they break easily. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'm applying this stuff for the 4th time (i've had it for 2 days) and today was the first time i applied throughout my scalp and I'm noticing an "active" feeling.
I'm very pleased wit this line as a whole.. good ingredients that wont break your pocket. When i get around the 4 week mark i'll start looking for noticeable growth. Until then, i wont sweat it!

Back