Did anyone get results with the ORS Temple Balm?

Lee

I've been using ORS Temple Balm for 2 1/2 weeks and I do not see any results
I have been using this in the morning and at night consistently. The thinning patch still looks the same as when I first started using it. Last week I picked up WGO, should I use this instead? Your opinions will be appreciated.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I bought some, but I never used it. The smell and the texture were "off" to me. WGO moisturized my relaxed hair like nothing ever had before, but it never stimulated any "wild growth".

What works on my temple area is Profectiv Anti-Thinning Stimulant and the mixture in the "proven hair growth oil" thread. Carolyn Gray's Healthier Hair in a Bottle seems to work well, also. I don't know when it will be available to purchase, though. (I was one of the lucky people that got a sample.)

Tara

I actually used it for 3 montbs consistantly and took photos of the temple area. NO results.

I got better results with plain castor oil.

Kitkat

Hi Lee!!
Girl, 2 1/2 weeks?!!! It's waaaaay too early to notice results. The package sez you should see results in 6 to 8 weeks, so be patient!!
I used this for a thinning spot, and the hair definitely fills back in - but gradually!!!! I didn't see anything after 2 1/2 weeks, either - it took more like 6 weeks. Keep using it and you'll see results.

Lee

Thank you, I'll give it more time. If no results, I'll have to look at other options.

kisz4tj

I didn't get any results with the ORS. NONE! I've been using profective a/t for about 2 1/2 weeks and unless I'm crazy I started seeing a difference in like 4 days, since then that "growth" has tapered off, but I'll definitely continue to use it. I'm inclined to think if it takes 8 weeks for you to see any results in a product its probably your hair's inevitable growth.

Tracy

I used ORS when I was thinning in the hairline and it did make a difference on me. I used it mixed with some Vitamin E oil and it made the texture a little lighter and easier to apply.

It took from one touch up to another to notice a difference tho. And I really only looked at it on a a "fresh touch" to "fresh touch up" basis.

Babygirl626

I was tempted to try it (ORS) but had already bought some WGO. WGO has filled in my thinning temples beautifully. On top of that, my every day hairstyle is pulling it back (Bad I know!). So WGO still helped me and ORS Hair Mayo to build strength.

OnlyErin

This is my emergency product. After a bad set of braids, I had no ends
I went out and purchased the Temple Balm, and in about a month and a half, I was okay. It really does take a little time, and maybe it's not for everyone, but I love it.

I get a little scared, tho, cause you can't use it a week before or after a relaxer. Anyone know why that is? The ingredients seem all-natural.

adrienne0914

lee, it's definitely going to take longer than a couple of weeks to see results with any product. the main thing is to keep being consistent. i've read mixed reviews on this one. i had great success with vitamin E oil. i saw signs of life after a couple of weeks, but it takes longer to completely fill in. if you have some of that on hand, i'd definitely try it before you go buy something else.

adrienne

Phoenix

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
OnlyErin said:
I get a little scared, tho, cause you can't use it a week before or after a relaxer. Anyone know why that is? The ingredients seem all-natural. &lt;img src="http://64.62.140.213/~longhair/images/graemlins/huh.gif" alt="" /&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

I read that it gently exfoliates your scalp. So, you wouldn't want to put a relaxer on recently exfoliated skin.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Re: Did anyone get results with the ORS Temple Bal

I've been using the Profectiv on my edges/hairline. I am sure that it's working because:

1) the first week, I used it--the skin at my hairline started to turn red. It didn't itch or feel irritated and so I knew it was red because it really was "stimulating the circulation" as the package says.

2) there are "baby" hairs growing now in those areas around my edges where I've been using it.

Profectiv has not disappointed me yet.

T

Tee

I used a whole container of this and it made no help at all. What did work for me is Nioxin NX3 Follicle Booster.

LisaG

Hi I just wanted to add that I had used this all over my head and got a really bad headache. This would be the second time that I tried to do this. This happened to my son too (Headache)
I think that I over did it. Now I will treat one spot at a time

leejure

Yes I received great results from the ORS Temple Balm (Let me say I was using the TB in addition to Vitamin E) but anyway, I didn't start seeing results until 3 maybe 4 months later. So it is going to take a little time. But stick with it. I heard vitamin E was just as good (alone) and much cheaper than the temple balm, so you may want to give that a try.

-lee

Lee

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Leigh said:
Lee how did the B5 experiment go. Are you also using vit e on the edges?

Leigh

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Leigh I'm unfamilar with the B5 experiment. Please explain. However, I was thinking of purchasing vit E today to mix along with the ORS Temple Balm. I haven't given up on the ORS Temp yet. I'm seeing alot of people having good results from profectiv. I decided to stick with ORS until it is finished. The PJ in me is making that difficult.

leejure

Hey Leigh,

Okay...there are a lot of Lee's on this board
. Now LEIGH are you referring to me LEEJURE or LEE???

I know you and I talked about the B5 on edges so I am going to assume that I am the Lee to which this is addressed to...

well, I started sticking to jsut the vitamin E when my ORS ran out. My hair is not as thin as it usta be at all. I can comfortably wear my hair pulled back. Before it was really thin. So I am sorry, I can not report on the B5 experiment! I suck, I know!

-lee

Lee

Just wanted to update you guys on my progress with ORS Temple Balm (ORS TB). Since my post I have decided to mix the WGO with the ORS TB and the results are good. I see hairs sprouting out. Thank you to everyone that responded to my post. GROW, GROW GROW!

Bronxbaby87

i've been the ORS temple balm for as long as i can remember because of a bad hairline from braids. so maybe i've been using it on and off in the morning and the night for about 3 or more YEARS!!
i dont know why i keep putting this stuff on, i havent seen ANY growth on my hairline from the temple balm. i recently started putting castor and olive oil on the spot and i can tell that growth is happening. ORS temple balm dont do NOTHING!!!!

G

ORS temple balm dont do NOTHING!!!!
___
At one point I thought it did, but I still have my spot a year later. I now use the Profectiv Stimulant and it keeps the area moist so I don't know if it is working or not.

lauren727

I am sooooooo glad that I read this discussion because I was about to buy that stuff and it costs like $12 at Sally's!! I have thick hair that is long and curly, but recently, from pulling it back for many years, my temples seem to have thinned out a little. I already have WGO, so i will try that in addition to the vitamin E, if that doesn't work, I may try Profectiv. Thanks again guys!!