Progress Pics of TWA from JAN 08 - Now

Colliecole

Hola everyone!

Thought I'd share some progress pics of my TWA since Jan of this year. Well, actually its not really a TWA anymore...soaking wet with conditioner, I can almost get the whole thing into a ponytail I think the longest sections are about 6 inches. So that's 6 inches in a year (my last relaxer was in July 07) not too shabby.

Here's pics of my BC on January 3rd 08, I had transitioned for about 6 months...

hair still wet

dry hair

Here are the pics I took today. This style is like 5 days old - I did a flat twist each side, large twists all over and then separated the twists for a stretch fro look. By the way, my hair is not dyed - the lighting in the bathroom made it look like this LOL

I combed out the fro, and soaked my hair in conditioner to show the length.

Right now I'm letting the conditioner sit for a while, but I'll post some more pics when I decide to style it later :grin:

rhapsdyblu

Your hair is beautiful. :yep: Great progress. You are giving me hope. I am so tired of waiting for this TWA to grow out. Your curls are gorgeous.

plastic

your texture is very pretty

are you wearing face powder in your recent pics ? If so what brand ? your face looks so airbrushed !

cottoncoily

Just lovely my dear, very pretty:yep:!Just like BrownEyez I did a BC recently (in June) after about a 6 month transition. In December it will be a year since my last relaxer so I'm hoping my hair will be this length:pray:.

GeauXavi

FINALLY!!! Hair TWIN!!!!!!!!!! Where have you been? lol...I'm relaxed though...but my twa was identical to yours:yep:

Beautiful growth, and your hair looks very healthy and well taken care of!

Colliecole

You and your hair are so pretty!

WOW, great progress!!!!!:yep:

Wow! Looking good. Keep up the good work. I'm loving the curls and waves too.

Fantastic hair!! Love your skin too.

Your hair grows very quickly!

how nice! your curls are very pretty.

Great growth and beautiful skin!

Congrats on your great progress :grin:

Wow!! THANKS so much Ladies!!!

Colliecole

Your hair is beautiful. :yep: Great progress. You are giving me hope. I am so tired of waiting for this TWA to grow out. Your curls are gorgeous.

Just give it some time, it will grow.

Great progress!!! I just did a BC, I hope my hair looks like that in Dec.

Wow you had some extremly great growth!

Greatttt progress! I can't wait to see where I am in 6 months. Your skin and eye brows look amazing.

Thanks! It seemed like most of the growth happened in the last 3 months. for a while I was getting frustrated because it looked around the same length.

Colliecole

your texture is very pretty

are you wearing face powder in your recent pics ? If so what brand ? your face looks so airbrushed !

Yep, MAC studio fix. Airbrushed really? Thanks, but I tried not to! :lachen: I told myself, okay just put on a little so people won't know you have on makeup.

Colliecole

Just lovely my dear, very pretty:yep:!Just like BrownEyez I did a BC recently (in June) after about a 6 month transition. In December it will be a year since my last relaxer so I'm hoping my hair will be this length:pray:.

Just looked at you fotki, your hair looks about the same length as mine was at BC. Not sure the texture, but it looks pretty springy like mine too. As long as you make sure to keep really moist at all times, it will probably grow like a weed. Just be careful of the in between stages (for me about 9 months post relaxer) I really wanted to cut it down because the TWA was so easy, but when it started to grow out it got frustrating :ohwell: you'll see what I mean, just STAY STRONG!! LOL

Mandy4610

Just looked at you fotki, your hair looks about the same length as mine was at BC. Not sure the texture, but it looks pretty springy like mine too. As long as you make sure to keep really moist at all times, it will probably grow like a weed. Just be careful of the in between stages (for me about 9 months post relaxer) I really wanted to cut it down because the TWA was so easy, but when it started to grow out it got frustrating :ohwell: you'll see what I mean, just STAY STRONG!! LOL
Girl you are officially on my inspiration list. I cut my hair to almost bold in March and sometimes I really have to master up all the strength I got to keep going on this journey.
Very nice progress girl. Keep that hair growing:grin: