Products for the best twist outs/braidouts on fine hair?

*~*Afrolicious*~*

I have fine 3c/4a armpit length hair. Stretched out my hair is around MBL. I have a lot of hair, and for the past 2-3 years, I didn't mind the more frizzy, only slightly defined look of my braidouts. Right now I'm in the mood for my hair to have a little more definition when I do braidouts. Because my hair is fine, some products just weigh my hair down and give it a blown out, mainly frizzy look. Again I don't dislike this look, I just want to switch it up.

Any fine haired ladies with any recommendations?

I forgot to add that my hair tangles and knots up when I do two strand twists, so that's not an option

Last edited:

ajargon02

If couse you can use a protein free gel.I use either xtreame gel from sally's flaxseed gel I make or entwine couture gel.
Hope that helps.

ajargon02

ajargon02, do any of the gels dry out your hair?

No they don't. I put in my leave-in, then use a small amount of gel. This way I get no flakes, no crunch. I REALLY enjoy the flaxseed gel b/c it's made with aloe, filtered water and eo with castor oil. My hair stays soft, defined and flake free.

I like my gel not too runny or thick so I use 2Tbls flax to 3/4 cup water. The oils are added after it's cooled off.

Anaisin

My hair is fine but it's 4a/4b and only apl stretched. I recently used SM curling souffle gel and I loved it. I had no frizz (had no idea that was possible)the first few days and my hair didn't dry out at all. Moisture, shine and definition

I shampooed and conditioned/dc'd first.

I don't remember the other products exactly that I used but I used a leave in (all my leave ins a very light not heavy & thick) and sealant on wet hair then applied the gel (it's basically pre made store bought flaxseed gel) twisted then used my bonnet dryer to dry it completely. Then a couple days later I braided it up a night using a little of the gel again so I could wear a braid out.

It was 10 day hair worthy but I don't go that long without washing it. I think I washed it on day 7 or 8.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I have fine 3c/4a armpit length hair. Stretched out my hair is around MBL. I have a lot of hair, and for the past 2-3 years, I didn't mind the more frizzy, only slightly defined look of my braidouts. Right now I'm in the mood for my hair to have a little more definition when I do braidouts. Because my hair is fine, some products just way my hair down and give it a blown out, mainly frizzy look. Again I don't dislike this look, I just want to switch it up.

Any fine haired ladies with any recommendations?

I forgot to add that my hair tangles and knots up when I do two strand twists, so that's not an option

I have these same issues. Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream is one I love, but it isn't easy to get for me.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Taliah Waajid twist n loc gel sealed in with Oyin handmade sugar berries pomade. Gives me soft extremely defined hair. I use this combo if I plan on bunning after I wear a twist out for a few days. I prefer highly textured, messy curly buns. I have fine 3c hair. Or I use Ecostyler and Camille Rose almond jai twisting butter for a firmer hold and a twist out that lasts 7+ days.