Products for natural hair

Anancy

For all those who have natural hair or had natural hair i need your help please.

Ive been trasitioning for 7 months now and i haven't changed the hair products im using for my hair. I don't think my shampoo (Mizani conditioning shampoo) and conditioner (Nexxus Humectress) is working too well. I find after washing my hair it feels crispy and dry.

It's not until i steam my hair after with Sahara oil (which i love) that my hair feels soft again.

What moisterisers do you use and what shampoos and conditioners work for you.

Thanks.

I'm also transitioning and I find that the less I use shampoo the better. I co-wash 3-4 times a week and clarify once per week it really helps to keep moisture in my hair. I put Elucence moisture balance on my hair while it is still wet, seal with an oil, and bun it- my hair dries and holds in moisture nicely this way. HTH :)

I've been transitioning since February and the products I used when I was fully relaxed just don't work on my new natural hair. And now that I've moved from a state with high humidity to this dry Arizona desert, I'm desperately trying to find products that restore moisture to my hair.

One I can recommend is Silk Elements Hair Masque and SE Moisturizing Treatment. I use either one weekly and they really help.

Good luck with your transition.

I still use Humectress on my hair with no problems. It still does the job for me as a natural. I do find it's not as moisturizing as it was on my damaged relaxed hair. I believe my hair was porous when it was relaxed though so that might be the difference.

Back