Natural Shampoo - Aubrey or Carol's Daughter

JerseyGirl

Natural Shampoo - Aubrey or Carol\'s Daughter

I want to switch shampoos for my daughter. Her hair is very dry. I am currently using Nexxus Therapee Shampoo. I want to use a natural shampoo. Many of you rave about Aubrey's products but do any of you use Carol's Daughter shampoo. And which one would you recommend.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Re: Natural Shampoo - Aubrey or Carol\'s Daughter

Have you considered making your own? I liked the CD Hyacinth and Pear Herbal Shampoo. But at that price I figured I could (and I did!) make my own. Use a vegetable-based soap, water and whatever smells good to you. I used 4 oz. of Dr. Bronner's Baby Mild Castile Soap, 4 oz. of water and 5-10 drops of fake Estee Lauder Pleasure's fragrance oil, rosemary, sage, peppermint, lavender, lemongrass and rose oils.

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician

Interesting, sassy. How many oz. of shampoo does that make? What is the total cost, and is it lower than buying a similar natural shampoo?

To answer the original question, a lot of natural products have their iingredients listed in the Product Index topic. I love J.A.Y. shampoo, and I too have very dry hair. Try it!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

It made about 8 oz. of a very watery shampoo. I dilute my regular shampoos to a 50/50 shampoo distilled water mixture anyway, so this didn't bother me. For a richer shampoo, use less water. It was definitely cheaper than buying Aubrey's or Nature's Gate shampoos. I got a 32 oz. bottle of Dr. Bronner's on sale for $6.95. The essential oils were $4-$7... When my credit cards are maxed out and I assume a new identity I can use this shampoo recipe forever! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

coilykinks

I may be one of the few individuals that does not care for so called natural products. My hair is natural type 4a and I have tried so many of the natural products such as aurbrey's, herbal essences, and many others. My hair repsonds much better to salon products. I have tried every thing that aubreys makes for dry hair.It has either not changed my hair in anyway or made it drier. I have been natural my entire life. I have never used any type of chemicals in my hair just water, shampoo, conditioner and a cream for moisture. So I truly knew it was the Aubrey's causing my hair to dry out. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician

That's an interesting perspective, coilykinks. I remember a friend of mine telling me that her hair responds well to chemicals. She had very long hair indeed.

BlkMane

CoilyKinks-

I found it very interesting that you thought that Aubrey's shampoos dried your hair out, because I read a book a few month's back called "Don't Buy Haircare Products Without Me" by Paula Begoun. She reviews a lot of brands of haircare products in the book and her comment about Aubrey's shampoos was that they were coconut oil soap based. She stated that coconut oil can be very drying over time. She didn't recommend ANY of the Aubrey shampoos because of that. (She did recommend some of the conditioners and other products.)

I was not going to even try the Aubrey's shampoos after reading that, but after hearing constant raves for Aubrey's on this forum I decided to give the J.A.Y. shampoo a try cause I looooove Jojoba OIl. I will wash my hair with it for the first time this weekend.