Product review Kerasstase...Has anyone used this line before?

Sexyred

I just purchased the Kerastase Bain Satin shampoo, Lait Vital conditioner, and masquintense treatment and I would like to know if anyone has ever used or currently uses these products or the Kerastase line. It is pretty expensive and I have the option to return it and get a full refund if it doesn't work. However, I would like to know some reviews first, so any info. will be appreciated. oh and let me know if it worked or didn't work and why. Oh my god I am slowly becoming a PJ.

Sexyred

Thanks for the reply tnorenberg, If the ones I have work pretty good I might try this line but you are right it is expensive. Ladies anymore reviews?

whitneysimone

My roomate used to use their products. She doesn't anymore because she says you can get the same effect with other, CHEAPER, products.

MizAvalon

I have used Kerastase Bain Satin 3 shampoo and the Masquintense conditioner for about 3 1/2 years. I LOVE these products and would recommend them to anyone.

I have recently discovered Dominican products and have added a lot of those to my arsenal but I will always have some Kerastase on hand.:)

newflowers

I was just looking at these online last night while eading about the ceramide thread. I a thinking about trying the Forcintense 5 day treatment before and after relaxing my hair next time.

It has both protein and ceramide - I'd like to try it and see if it makes a difference.

Ballerina_Bun

MizAvalon said:
I have used Kerastase Bain Satin 3 shampoo and the Masquintense conditioner for about 3 1/2 years. I LOVE these products and would recommend them to anyone.

I have recently discovered Dominican products and have added a lot of those to my arsenal but I will always have some Kerastase on hand.:)

Kerastase is wonderful. I've tried the cheaper versions, and it made my hair hard and tangled :confused: . The Kerastase Nutritive collection has always performed well on my hair and a few of there other things. Although, right now, I'm using more natural products, but the Kerastase is still in my closet ;) I will get back it it later.

LovelyLionessa

I have seen this at Target of all places and a posh CVS too. At Target they had a huge tub of the conditioner and it was like $82!! :eek:

jwhitley6

I paid about $100 for Kerastase products and gave most of them away. The shampoo (Bain 3, I think) was decent, but nothing special. I used the Oleo relax mask and thought NTM was better. The scent of the products were overpowering as well.

One product that I loved, and would use again, is the Vita-ciment liquid concentrate....Good stuff! The Oleo-relax elixir was pretty good too.

MizAvalon

Priestess said:
I have seen this at Target of all places and a posh CVS too. At Target they had a huge tub of the conditioner and it was like $82!! :eek:

Yeah, it's pricey and hard to find too. I've always ordered mine online since I've never seen it a salon anywhere.

But, Kerastase at Target and CVS?:eek:

Shaley

I like the Kerastase Nutritive line. I really like the Oleo Relax Serum. When I go to the salon for a relaxer I always ask for a deep condition and they use the Mask or Masquintense... I absolutely love it. It makes my hair look and feel so good afterwards.

Bellavita6

I've tried the masqintense. My hair felt stronger and looked shiny after but i found less expensive products that gave me the same and/or better results, so i stopped using it.

vickyd

I really like these products-- I have used the bain satin 2 and 3; lait protien; oleo relax styling and finishing products and they have performed well. Yet I still try other products. I suppose I am still searching for my hg products, these are contenders... HTH

vickyd

ravenmerlita

I use a few Kerastase products. My favorites are from the Resistance line and the Nutritive line.

From the Resistance line I use the Volumactive products (shampoo, mousse and mask). The volumactive products leave my hair silky and shiny with body and volume. I usually use these when I roller set. I also use the Vita-Ciment which is the one of the best strengthening treatments I've ever used.

From the Nutritive line I use the Elasto-curl products (shampoo, conditioner, mask and curl cremea) and the Nutri-sculpt leave-in. I usually use these when I do a wash-and-go and they leave my hair bouncy, soft and moisturized.

My favorite Kerastase product so far is the Nutridefense mask which left my hair smoother and more moisturized than anything else I have ever tried.

While I love the way the Kerastase products make my hair look and feel, I worry about the high silicone content and whether this might dry/damage my hair over time. So when I am using Kerastase regularly I try to clarify more often and do deep treatments with a non-Kerastase moisturizing conditioner.

gimbap

Priestess said:
I saw this at target as well! They trippin!