Kerastase...How Good is it Really???

ms_kenesha

I have just bought via Ebay the Kerastase Bain 3 shampoo for extra dry hair the Masquintense and the Blow Dry lotion.

As expensive as this stuff is and with all the celebs and celeb stylists that use this, how good is it really, from the people that have used it before.

How would you rate the products from 1 to 10 and is this something you'd put on your MUST HAVE list?

The PJ in me had to try this line and since it's not here yet I want to know what I'm in for.

ms_kenesha

Not really directed towards a hair type more to hair conditions. Bain 3 is for very dry & damaged. although my hair is not badly damaged it is very dry at times. Although Oleo-Relax is for curly hair types who want to straighten.

Nyambura

surfer girl
I *love* Kerastase Masquintense! The one prohibitive factor keeping it off my "must have" list, though, is price.

OnlyErin

Ms Kenesha, I walked for 1/2 hour in the blazing Miami sun across South Beach to the ONE place that sells Kerastase because I didn't want to wait the 1 week it would take to have some shipped out to me. The Oleo-Relax serum is. the. bomb. No lie. A lot of people like the Anti-frizz serum, and I have it, but it makes my hair dry as a bone. The Oleo-Relax serum just makes my hair soft as a kitten. Today, I was at my cello lesson and before I came, I did a co (to get the sweat out of my hair from all that walking
) and smoothed in some Oleo-Relax, and my teacher, a Russian immigrant was just staring at my hair, and finally he says, "Your hair - it's always so bouncy and shiny, but today it seems more so!"

Bingo.

The masquintense is good, but I think I used it wrong. The shampoo was also excellent, but I gave it away when I was on an anti-SLS kick. I've been perusing ebay for some Oleo-Relax, but have been coming up empty. About two months ago, you could name your price on it, but I think the secret's out.

OE

ms_kenesha

Thanks for the info OE. So what you're saying is to whip out my credit card and spend more money on the Oleo-Relax serum
I can't I still have a brand new bottle of Paul Mitchell Gloss Drops and I will not buy another serum until that bottle is gone...or until my willpower gives out whichever comes first

Have you used the blow dry lotion? It's called Nutri-liss

OnlyErin

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
Thanks for the info OE. So what you're saying is to whip out my credit card and spend more money on the Oleo-Relax serum
I can't I still have a brand new bottle of Paul Mitchell Gloss Drops and I will not buy another serum until that bottle is gone...or until my willpower gives out whichever comes first

Have you used the blow dry lotion? It's called Nutri-liss

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally understand! I promised I would not get the Affirm Sustenance conditioner until I finish the 5-in-1, but I think I'm fighting a losing battle.

I have not tried Nutri-liss because I don't ever blowdry at home, but I can't imagine it won't be good. Kerastase products are true quality. The prices are sort of outrageous, but I think you'll be putting away the pennies once you try them for yourself.

And as soon as you finish the PM, get thee to Oleo-Relax, stat!

OE

amy1234

OE, are you reffering to the Elixir Oléo-Relax? or the Sérum Oléo-Relax? ...they look very similar.

OnlyErin

[ QUOTE ]
curlybun said:
OE, are you reffering to the Elixir Oléo-Relax? or the Sérum Oléo-Relax? ...they look very similar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! I just found out about the elixir, like, two days ago curlybun. The PJ in me went
Apparently, the elixir is for super-sleekness and resistant (coarse) hair. Sort of (from the description) a supercharged version of the serum, which is what I have. I've looked for the elixir everywhere and it is sold out (out of stock) everywhere online I've looked, and the one place I did find it was overseas and didn't ship to the U.S.
. I like the serum a lot, though, but I DO want to try the elixir (which is a smaller size than the serum). I was going to start a thread on the elixir, but forgot.

OE

NAY007

i absolutely LOVE kerastase products but i hate their price!!! every now and then i would buy it as a luxury:) their products are the bomb though. very rich and very moisturizing (depending on which product you get of course). but the masque intense (for the very dry/damaged/coarse hair) is very very rich and ....i really love it.

B

ballet_bun

I have a lot of their products, at least the ones recommended for my hair and I love them. So far the one that I like best is the Age Recharge. I like to use it on my ends only. But, I have since bought stuff to stay on Carolyn Grays method ... but I try ti squeeze in a few other goodies of course!!!! PJ here!

Ballet Bun ...

I love the conditioners I have: Macquintense for very dry hair and the Smoothing Masque. I also have the Oleo Relax Serum but haven't used it properly to truly see if I like it or not. I noticed the ingredients in the serum are VERY similar to the Loreal Smooth Intense Serum (which this board loves alot too).

I didn't like the Oleo Relax shampoo. Has sls and made my hair feel awful.

The conditioners rock though.

MissB

I have 4A relaxed hair and the Bain Satin 3 shampoo works extremely well. Your hair comes out so soft that it looks like it has been conditioned already. The Masquintense is a great complement to the shampoo. It smells wonderful and it makes your hair extremely soft. It is worth the price. I am looking forward to trying other Kerastase products in the future.

Enjoy,

MissB

anikalia

The salon where I used to work sold them. I like the Bain Satin Shampoo #3 for dry hair, but the conditioners were overrated. I had to use nearly the whole jar and still wasn't as moisturizing as Humecto or Lanza reconstructor. I hate the smell of the Oleo Relax line, and the shampoos seem to coat the hair in a strange way.

B

ballet_bun

[ QUOTE ]
anikalia said:
The salon where I used to work sold them. I like the Bain Satin Shampoo #3 for dry hair, but the conditioners were overrated. I had to use nearly the whole jar and still wasn't as moisturizing as Humecto or Lanza reconstructor. I hate the smell of the Oleo Relax line, and the shampoos seem to coat the hair in a strange way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup ... that's the only problem with the conditioners...there's not enough, and my hair could drink and entire jar!!!!

Ballet Bun ...

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
MissB said:
The Masquintense is a great complement to the shampoo. It smells wonderful and it makes your hair extremely soft. It is worth the price.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree that the Masquintense definitely does soften your hair, BIG TIME. The first time I used it, I put on a heat cap with it, then did a roller-set and my hair actually came out TOO soft!! It felt like a baby-doll's hair and I didn't like it at all.
Now when I use it, I don't use heat, and it works nicely.

I have to say though, that I don't think it's worth the high price, and I will not repurchase. There are so many other conditioners out there that cost so much less, and work just as well, if not better, on my hair.

Allandra

The Kérastase Elixir Oléo-Relax sounds REALLY REALLY good. BTW, my bottle of Smooth 'N Shine is getting low.

ms_kenesha

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
Kenesha,

Any place (at all) in Maryland where these products are sold?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea, mine are coming from Ebay.

jasmin

I heard lookfantastic.com is a very good site to get them cheap. It's a Canadian site. Now I've never ordered from them but when I'm ready to order this is where I will go.

sithembile

I have the masqueintense for dry, thick hair. It really softens, but I don't like the way it feels to soft and when I detangle I get more breakage because of the softness. Also, it contains isopropyl alcohol, so I don't think I'm buying it again.

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
MissB said:
Did you receive good customer service???

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, MissB; I didn't have any problems with them at all. In fact, the shipping was faster than I expected.

Nyambura

surfer girl
[ QUOTE ]
jasmin said:
I heard lookfantastic.com is a very good site to get them cheap. It's a Canadian site. Now I've never ordered from them but when I'm ready to order this is where I will go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've been the one suggesting www.lookfantastic.com on this Board.
It's a British site, though, not Canadian. But it carries a lot of Kerastase products and I checked with BRH, who said the prices are good. Kerastase Products Unfortunately, I have to dedicate my funds to other things at the mo ... so hair products (including my beloved Masquintense!), for now, are a lower priority.