Kerastase...How Good is it Really???

Hi Nyambura,

I wasn't the one to mention that website. Its good though that we're hearing of diff sites though to choose from

The only one that I know about and purchased some of my Kerastase products from is www.thehairshop.co.uk It was alot cheaper than buying this line in the US (even with overseas shipping charges included!!).

If you know someone in UK, have the products sent to them and see if they'll mail them to you. This is what I did to save even more money and is what I'd do again too

[ QUOTE ]
mirrormirror said:
Can someone please post the ingredients in the masqueintense?

Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aqua/water, cetyl alcohol, peg 180,stearmidopropyl dimethylamine, amodithicone, cetrimonium chloride, lanolin, laurylmethicone copolyol, cetyl esters, lactic acid, methylparaben, hydroxethylcellulose, trideceth-12, chlorhexidine dihydrochloride, parfum.

Phew... (this is the one for 'very dry hair')

sithembile

[ QUOTE ]
brownrelaxedhair said:
[ QUOTE ]
mirrormirror said:
Can someone please post the ingredients in the masqueintense?

Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aqua/water, cetyl alcohol, peg 180,stearmidopropyl dimethylamine, amodithicone, cetrimonium chloride, lanolin, laurylmethicone copolyol, cetyl esters, lactic acid, methylparaben, hydroxethylcellulose, trideceth-12, chlorhexidine dihydrochloride, parfum.

Phew... (this is the one for 'very dry hair')

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you buy yours because my masqueintense says it contains isopropyl alcohol.I got mine from a Regis salon in England.

NAY007

these are the ingredients for the masque for thick hair:

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Isopropyl Alcohol, Sodium PCA, Methylparaben, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-10, Helianthus Annuus (Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil), Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Parfum (Fragrance)

I got mine from the website I mentioned. I got the smoothing masque though from a hair shop in Palmers Green, London. I bought 2 tubs of it being it was so much cheaper than the US plus the hairdresser raved about it over the macquintense.

jasmin

[ QUOTE ]
Nyambura said:
[ QUOTE ]
jasmin said:
I heard lookfantastic.com is a very good site to get them cheap. It's a Canadian site. Now I've never ordered from them but when I'm ready to order this is where I will go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've been the one suggesting www.lookfantastic.com on this Board.
It's a British site, though, not Canadian. But it carries a lot of Kerastase products and I checked with BRH, who said the prices are good. Kerastase Products Unfortunately, I have to dedicate my funds to other things at the mo ... so hair products (including my beloved Masquintense!), for now, are a lower priority.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks I knew it wasn't a US site but I guess I just assume it was Canadian. The overseas sites are usually cheaper.

Thanks for all the recs of different good sites to chose from. I like having so many options.

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
MissB, I think that's where I ordered mine from.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry MissB!! I just realized that it was the Hairshop UK that BRH was talking about that I ordered mine from!! I think it was less expensive there than at that hairloss.com site.

MissB

Thanks Lindy and BRH! The prices are pretty good and they have Bumble and Bumble and Phytologie also. Yeah!!!!

ms_kenesha

I just got my products in the mail today! I'm going to wash my hair tomorrow and I'll give my review!
I was so excited when I saw the packages outside my apartment...I start singing I'm sure my neighbors were thinking

Nyambura

surfer girl
[ QUOTE ]
brownrelaxedhair said:
Hi Nyambura,

I wasn't the one to mention that website. Its good though that we're hearing of diff sites though to choose from

The only one that I know about and purchased some of my Kerastase products from is www.thehairshop.co.uk It was alot cheaper than buying this line in the US (even with overseas shipping charges included!!).

If you know someone in UK, have the products sent to them and see if they'll mail them to you. This is what I did to save even more money and is what I'd do again too

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi BRH,

No, I didn't mean that you had recommended the site to me. What I meant is that in a PM when I asked you about the prices on the website, you said they were good.

B

ballet_bun

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
I just got my products in the mail today! I'm going to wash my hair tomorrow and I'll give my review!
I was so excited when I saw the packages outside my apartment...I start singing I'm sure my neighbors were thinking

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey ...we have to have something to get excited about. Have fun ...and I can't wait to read your review!!!!! BTW, which products from their line did you order?

Ballet Bun ...

ms_kenesha

Okay, I bought the Kerastase Bain 3 Shampoo and Masquintense for thick very dry hair and the Nutri-liss Blowdrying cream.

So, I do my simplest wash ever solely using the Bain 3 shampoo, then conditioning with the mask for 45 min. w/o dryer and then I apply the Nutri-liss and sit under the dryer for my pre-dry. I then blow dry my hair on warm with my paddle brush. I then add my new Phyto 9 and curl with my ceramic curling iron on 9 (out of 1-27).
My hair came out very smooth, soft, and bouncy! I love my new products, now if only my pockets weren't so broke because of my purchases!!!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
That blow dry cream sounds goooooooooood. I wonder if L'Oreal USA has something similar.

Glad you liked it Ms. K. Can you believe that I have an unopened jar of the Keratase Masquintense. It smells so perfumey that I haven't been able to bring myself to use it.

ms_kenesha

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
That blow dry cream sounds goooooooooood. I wonder if L'Oreal USA has something similar.

Glad you liked it Ms. K. Can you believe that I have an unopened jar of the Keratase Masquintense. It smells so perfumey that I haven't been able to bring myself to use it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The blow-dry cream is good esp. since lately I've been blow-drying my hair once a week I want something that protects and softens and this does the trick! Also directions say to use 4-8 pumps (of course I used 8) I sectioned my hair in fourths and used two pumps on each section. I was able to comb through with my seamless small tooth comb with no problem!

I cannot believe it, you better use that Masquintense the perfumey smell will wash out!

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
It smells so perfumey that I haven't been able to bring myself to use it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It definitely has a very stong perfumey smell to it!! It's a good smell, but kind of overpowering. It leaves a nice, lasting scent in your hair, too.