Product Junkies Beware.......

Dasha

I had to try this product after reading the ingredients. Salerm Wheat germ mask is a super moisturizing product that contains wheat germ oil which is supposed to be very moisturizing. I used it yesterday and my hair was shiny, bouncy and oh so soft. Also for those that like slip but haven't found this in a deep moisturizer this product has plenty of slip. The conditioner literally glides onto the hair. I massaged my scalp for a couple minutes and went under the heating cap for about 15 mins. The result smooth shiny hair that I cant stop combing and admiring. It costs about $15 for 6.74 ounces but I would say its very worth it!!! Downside to this product is that it smells kind of strong. It has a heavily perfumed smell but you can still smell the wheat germ which makes it an interesting mix. if u can get over the smell this is a great product to invest in and I hope it pasts the test after many uses.

Allandra

Thanks for the review. I still have a bottle of wheat germ oil in the fridge. I've been mixing it with conditioners every once in a while. Thanks again for the great review.

AMBERSKYE

Hey Dasha,

I agree! This product works very well. I use it 1-2 times a
month. My salon sells it and I decided to give it a try.
I've been using it ever since! The scent is nice, yet it is quite
strong. I can smell it when the wind blows!

Dasha

I dont think its a good or a bad smell. It just smells different. Kinda like a mix of Chanel perfume and wheat germ oil. If you have smelled wheat germ oil before its not the most pleasant smell but it isnt horrible. Its almost as if they tried to cover the smell by taking the strongest scent they could make and adding it to this product. Personally I prefer the smell of coconut or fruiy or floral scents when it comes to shampoo and conditioner but its okay

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
I will pretend I didn't see this thread....

[/ QUOTE ]
Come on girl.
Are you thinking about trying this product out?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will pretend I didn't see this thread....

[/ QUOTE ]
Come on girl.
Are you thinking about trying this product out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said before, I'll pretend I didn't see this thread

Luli

Dasha, I'm glad you liked it. I've been using this for over a year now as a deep conditioner after relaxers. It is great and doesn't leave your hair weighed down. Nice and light and gets the job done. To me, it smells like men's cologne or something. It's strong but not bad strong.

Allandra

Yeah. Ok.

Well, I'm gonna give it a try. I'll probably order it from Metro Beauty, unless I find it in my area.

SuperGirl............................
Can I get a review once you've tried it?

Dasha

Ingedients:

Aqua,cetyl Alcohol,cetrimonium chloride,isoprpyl alcohol,wheat germ oil, panthenol, propylene glycol, amodimethicone, plyquaternium 11, tridceth-12, sodium methylparaben, parfum, citric acid

EmeraldSky

They sell Salerm products at almost all of the Dominican salons, I believe it's a dominican brand but I'm not positive. I have Salerm 21 and it has a similar smell to the wheat germ mask, very perfumey.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Alright!

I'm so glad to hear this. This was one of the products I picked up when I was in NYC. Whoo Hoo!

Miss Allandra--I'll definitely let you know how much I love it when I try it and me personally, I do like the smell.

azul11

[ QUOTE ]
Alright!

I'm so glad to hear this. This was one of the products I picked up when I was in NYC. Whoo Hoo!

Miss Allandra--I'll definitely let you know how much I love it when I try it and me personally, I do like the smell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in nyc did you find it? i have seen other stores that sell this line but i am not quite sure if they sell that particular product. also i saw ALTER EGO which i thought i heard mentioned here many moons ago. i will have to check this out. is it thick? i prefer a thicker condition. this would be considered a deep condition then? God bless you all.

lala

I absolutely love this product. This is one of the best conditioners that I have ever used on my hair. It has a thick, clay-like consistency. I did not notice a strong fragrance. My hair was soOO silky after rinsing...

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Azull,

I got this at a BSS called Just For Me (it was on Fulton street). I think I took the R or N to Decalb (sp?). Do I sound like I know what I'm talking about yet?

Also, another store on Broadway called Eve Beauty Source had it. We took the train to Broadway and Canal to get there.

HTH--I'm really frontin' like I know all about the NYC Subway system. Truth is, this little Texas gal don't know jack!