:::Salerm's Wheat Germ Mask:::

AnjelLuvs

:::Salerm\'s Wheat Germ Mask:::

I wanted to know what this product is exactly about!

How do u use it and, and what has been peoples results with it?

I really like the Salerm 21, so I might just try this!

Has anyone tried any other Salerm products?

Re: :::Salerm\'s Wheat Germ Mask:::

I use this product. After I wash my hair, I use Salerm's Wheat Germ Mask. Make sure you place a plastic cap over your head and sit under the dryer. I do it for approx. 5 - 10 minutes. It leaves my hair super soft.

what exactly is it, I mean because I cant tell from the box, is it like oil, cream coniditioner, do u wash it out!

It is a deep conditioner that you leave in for 10 minutes as JetBlack said. It leaves my hair feeling very soft and manageable. I also enjoy the scent which stays in my hair days later.

I use it too and love it I leave it on for 15 min under dryer and follow up with the salerm 21 leave in what a great
COMBO.

Inside the yellow box is a medium sized, round and squat white container of deep conditioner.

Inside of that, the deep conditioner is a dark, moss-greenish color and has a spicy/musky/woodsy scent. It's of medium consistency and blends very well into the hair.

You may leave it on anywhere from 5 minutes to a half hour, or more if you like.

When you do rinse it out, your hair will very faintly smell of the deep conditioner, but it doesn't usually last for very long. What does last, however, is the soft and silky hair you'll have.

It's really nice
smile.gif
. Can't say much for the smell, it's okay and doesn't stick around (which is fine). But the minute it touches my hair it feels really soft and fluffy.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
I sit w/it on for 20 mins. under a heating cap. It's worth the investment.

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
It's really nice
smile.gif
. Can't say much for the smell, it's okay and doesn't stick around (which is fine).

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh uh girl...
nono.gif
I can't believe you dont care for the smell of this, but you LIKE the smell of GPB??!!
confused.gif
To me, the Salerm smells a lot better than the GPB!!
look.gif
(MUCH less "potent"
smile.gif
)

weird.gif
I got my salerm today
clap.gif
So how often do you use the germ mask? It says for damaged hair use once a week.

I will use mine as a "treat" for my hair... I've only used it once so far, and that was over a month ago! I've got too much other stuff!!
look.gif

[ QUOTE ]
spanishteardrops said:
weird.gif
I got my salerm today
clap.gif
So how often do you use the germ mask? It says for damaged hair use once a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats! I use mine once every two weeks.

FYI, I have wheat germ oil and it definitely has a "natural" scent; nothing sweet smelling about it, but I don't find it offensive.

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
It's really nice
smile.gif
. Can't say much for the smell, it's okay and doesn't stick around (which is fine).

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh uh girl...
nono.gif
I can't believe you dont care for the smell of this, but you LIKE the smell of GPB??!!
confused.gif
To me, the Salerm smells a lot better than the GPB!!
look.gif
(MUCH less "potent"
smile.gif
)

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I didn't say I didn't like it, it's just okay and really doesn't smell like much of anything. It certainly doesn't smell good like GPB.
lick.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif

And I thought Salerm 21 was going to smell great too, but it's pretty average too. Lacio Lacio smells better and stays around (and I think it's better
smile.gif
, Salerm doesn't make my hair shine like Lacio Lacio).

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
And I thought Salerm 21 was going to smell great too, but it's pretty average too. Lacio Lacio smells better and stays around (and I think it's better
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny... the Lacio Lacio has gotten mixed reviews here... Some say they like it better than the Salerm and some don't. I can't wait to try mine. I'm expecting my Sickbay.biz shipment any day now!!
trampoline.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny... the Lacio Lacio has gotten mixed reviews here... Some say they like it better than the Salerm and some don't. I can't wait to try mine. I'm expecting my Sickbay.biz shipment any day now!!
trampoline.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lindy, don't forget to post your review of Lacio when you get it. I'm curious, too!
wink.gif

IMO, the Wheat Germ has a strong, perfumey smell. It's okay, but I, too, prefer GPB's smell over it (it's more faint).

@ Lindy: not to hijak, but I think both are good products, but it also depends on what you like your hair to do and feel like. Lacio is lighter and smoother and gave me the shine I'm used to w/the Aveda Universal Styling Cream. The Salerm did nothing to impart that sheen and my hair doesn't feel as silky as it did w/the Lacio. I'm going to try the Salerm w/other products to see if something else will make it "pop". Maybe it'll work better coupled w/the Salerm Wheat Germ mask. I'm not giving up on it, but I think I'll keep Lacio as a staple product instead.

@ Dolce: Yipppy!!!
trampoline.gif
Another person that appreciates the smell of GPB!!!

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
@ Lindy: not to hijak, but I think both are good products, but it also depends on what you like your hair to do and feel like. Lacio is lighter and smoother and gave me the shine I'm used to w/the Aveda Universal Styling Cream. The Salerm did nothing to impart that sheen and my hair doesn't feel as silky as it did w/the Lacio. I'm going to try the Salerm w/other products to see if something else will make it "pop". Maybe it'll work better coupled w/the Salerm Wheat Germ mask. I'm not giving up on it, but I think I'll keep Lacio as a staple product instead.

trampoline.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

sengschick: can you give an approximation of your hairtype? I am trying to decide between salerm & lacio and just can't make up my mind -- I'm almost out of my beloved headdress and am going to stray once again and let the PJ in me take over and try one of these dominician leave in. BTW, I perceive my hairtype as 4b, relaxed. TIA!

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:

trampoline.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
wink.gif
Yes, indeedy!

So, Lacio makes your hair shinier than Salerm? Hmmmmm.....
scratchchin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Dolce_Dawn said:
[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:

trampoline.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
wink.gif
Yes, indeedy!

So, Lacio makes your hair shinier than Salerm? Hmmmmm.....
scratchchin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have Salerm in now and it looks pretty flat in comparison to what I'm used to. The Aveda Brilliant Universal Styling Cream is the best for that healthy sheen w/o oils. But doesn't have all the goodies that Lacio Lacio has either, i.e. Mink Oil and Hydrolyzed Silk. So I'll bop btwn the two, maybe use Aveda more for a wash n' wear. Lacio Lacio is way cheaper too, so it gets extra points for that. I air dry exclusively now and don't use heat at all, so I'm sure it effects both products (Salerm and Lacio Lacio), but even w/o heat to "activate" it, the Aveda stuff gives me the sheen, but not the silkiness of Lacio. Maybe I was expecting too much from the Salerm
ohwell.gif
. I'm going to keep trying it, see what it works best with.

I didn't like the Lacio Lacio at all. Hair is a very strange bird, I'll tell ya.....

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
I didn't like the Lacio Lacio at all. Hair is a very strange bird, I'll tell ya.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it is
smile.gif
. B/c usually I really love anything you rave about. I'm still slathering that Nature's Gate Herbal Aloe on my head!!
laugh.gif
I really think if my hair was dried w/heat, even indirect heat, I would like Salerm more. But maybe Lacio Lacio is better for naturals and texturized heads.

That is def a possibility. I only tried Lacio with rollersets and was thinking the same thing. It may work better aridrying on my hair. Salerm works best on my airdried hair also, but I never tried Lacio that way.

My hair is texturized too.

So glad the Nature's Gate Aloe is working well for you! It's great for slathering because it's so cheap, and you get so much!
smile.gif

I think we're on to something!
wink.gif
smile.gif
I can't believe that Salerm 21 isn't great, but it's not doing much for me as I'm using it now. Maybe I'll hate Lacio Lacio on a rollerset, but love it when air drying. I know my hair is "particular".

I think some products work better when use you them w/another item from the product line. So I'm going to use the 21 w/the mask. Last time I used the mask I coupled it w/the Lacio. I used the 21 w/Greit'Oll 12 en 1. I'm also going to buy the Lacio (Star) Humecto Conditioner to see how that works as well.

Not only is NG Aloe wonderful and cheap, but it smells nice too. I add it to my oils to moisturize my ends sometimes too
smile.gif
Another great rec!!! Thanks!

Back