Product for edges.....

Elizabeth26

I have been trying to find the product that lays my edges down when stretching. I heard two products mention by two people on here so I decied to go out and purchase these products. I went and purchase elasta qp feels like silk gel and glaze. The gel laids the edges down but the glaze really laids the edges down. When stretching the glaze will become my staple for laiding the edges down. The glaze was on sale for 2.69 at Sally's. HTH.

OT: I went to Target today and all the NTM products was on sale for 2.92 but the serum was on sale for 1.97.

melodee

HoneyLemonDrop suggested FrizzBusters gel. She says it's great, and judging by her pretty hair, I'd believe her.

Elizabeth26

melodee said:
HoneyLemonDrop suggested FrizzBusters gel. She says it's great, and judging by her pretty hair, I'd believe her.
I was just sharing that I found something that worked for me after someone on this board reccommended these products. If you didn't think I was a credible source why not just respond. I know to keep my mouth shut about anything else.

melodee

Oh Liz,

I certainly didn't mean to offend you--it's the last thing I'd want to do. I'm sure the other product works well sinceit was also recommended by a reliable source, honey.:)

Sometimes, chatting via posts winds up getting sticky cause we don't always write things the way we'd say it.

I was just offering another suggestion if you'd want it--passing the tips along. I was by no means trying to say the other source wasn't credible--or that you didn't know what you were talking about. I fact, I trust it's a great product.

Hope you understand--and again--sorry if "it came out" wrong.:kiss:

tal

Liz25_Ga said:
I was just sharing that I found something that worked for me after someone on this board reccommended these products. If you didn't think I was a credible source why not just respond. I know to keep my mouth shut about anything else.

Oh wow! I feel that the previous poster's comments were taken out of context. I didn't get the impression that she was trying to indicate that your source was not credible. As a matter of fact when she mentioned her Frizzbuster product I realized that I had purchased this very same product from a LHCF'er and now based on her comments I will start using it to see how it works out for me.

The Glaze is excellent. I have been using it for a while, but I've noticed that I'm brushing my edges a little harder than I care to in order to make the Glaze disappear. My temples are beginning to thin out and I have very thick hair. I'm not saying the product is the cause, I believe the brushing is. You may want to trying distributing the Glaze through your edges with a toothbrush instead.

I'm happy that you've found something that works for you, as I've experienced success with it as well.

Take care.

Healthb4Length

I'm a super stretcher and I have found that Elasta's Mango butter is great for me! Its' a great all over moisturizer it really makes a difference on my ends and it smooths down my thick type 4a new growth. It's best to use it on damp hair and slap on a scarf for 15 minutes, your hair will be so smooth and shiny! Whenever I do this my BF always ask if I got a fresh perm, this stuff will always be a staple for me! Another good product is Cantu Strengthening treatment, it's just as good as my beloved mango butter but it's impossible for me to find...so my final answer would Elasta's mango butter.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Liz25_Ga said:

It wasn't meant that way. I see you are kind of new here, so let me explain something. What will usually happen on a thread like this is that others will chime in and offer product suggestions that fit the title of the thread.

Melodee has been here quite a while and she is not the kind of individual that would post something on this board that would offend someone else.

blackbarbie

Liz25_Ga said:
I have been trying to find the product that lays my edges down when stretching. I heard two products mention by two people on here so I decied to go out and purchase these products. I went and purchase elasta qp feels like silk gel and glaze. The gel laids the edges down but the glaze really laids the edges down. When stretching the glaze will become my staple for laiding the edges down. The glaze was on sale for 2.69 at Sally's. HTH.

OT: I went to Target today and all the NTM products was on sale for 2.92 but the serum was on sale for 1.97.

Hey Liz,
In addition to what everyone else said, I don't think melodee meant it that way; she was just offering some more suggestions as well, which is what will normally happen.

Also, I wish I had seen your post before I got my NTM yesterday from CVS from 6.99! I still might go back to Target and get some for 2.92 just to have some cause that's def. one of my staples too.

Thanks for posting!

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I just tried my friends EQP glaze and it is GREAT! Perfect for when I'm putting up my hair in a ponytail after the shower. Aveda humectant didn't do much for me, this seemed similiar, but thicker.