Hicks Transformations Hicks Edges Product Review.....w/PICS!!!

growingbrown

I'm going to make this review short!

I have been having problems with laying my edges down. I tried Elasta QP Glaze: Good but only enhanced my waves, but very moisturizing!; Eco Styler (clear) Good, but also left my edges wavy and made it hard. After a couple of days it started to flake! :nono: I also tried a couple of other gels and pomades with no success....

Now for the Review! I say a youtub video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucUBzwpCMEs And this made me try this product! I tried it and all I can say is WOW!!!:grin:
I am currently transitioning. I'm 6 months post and just flat ironed my hair straight with my solia.

This is my edges before the product:

http://public.fotki.com/growingbrown/2010-my-journey-to-/edges/before-product.html

http://public.fotki.com/growingbrown/2010-my-journey-to-/edges/before-product-1.html#media

This is my edge after:

http://public.fotki.com/growingbrown/2010-my-journey-to-/edges/edges-after-1.html#media

http://public.fotki.com/growingbrown/2010-my-journey-to-/edges/edges-after.html#media

The product:

http://public.fotki.com/growingbrown/2010-my-journey-to-/edges/the-product.html#media
I bought the product form Ebay.

chiconya

It did a good job how much was it on ebay. I haven't found anything to slick down my edges after flat ironing at 8 months post.

growingbrown

It was $17.99 $4.65 for shipping. I got it in 3 days! For me, It was well worth it!I put it on, tubed it in for about a minute, and my edges were as shown in the pics!

Casarela

Hi there,
the Aloe Vera gel from IC fantasia should do the job + add shine. Its cheap, not drying and alcohol-free.
It was a staple product for styling when I was natural.

HTH,

growingbrown

Hi there,
the Aloe Vera gel from IC fantasia should do the job + add shine. Its cheap, not drying and alcohol-free.

HTH,

I tried that too! It did nothing for me and just enhanced my new growth.
ETA: I spent as much money on trying all of those hair gels as I spent trying to find just one product! :lol:

Last edited:

chiconya

Hi there,

HTH,

My edges laugh at that IC gel. To date I haven't found anything to keep them straight all day. Now I use good old brown gel for my wavy phony pony. I like IC to twist when I was natural though or maybe a braid out nowadays.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Looks good!

I wish I had the same experience. The slickness only lasted a couple of hours on my 4B edges. :sad:

Sugar

I bought this for $5 at a trade show or business expo a couple of years ago. It started out good but would always end up super flaky and hard. Eventually I went back to Elasta QP.

growingbrown

Last night I wraped my hair with a satin scarf. When I woke up this morning my edge didn't look like it first did. It didn't turn my edges hard. They were soft however not straight! I will keep this product and use it! I'm still looking........

growingbrown

Yaya24.......Yea. That was my experience to! However I still like it and will continue to use it!

Last edited:

mzsophisticated26

cosign with Ms.blue, I was using Hicks transformations but it was giving me build up and also the price was a bit steep. So I found ORS edge control a few mths ago for about $5.00 and it works just like hicks smooth edges. The same consistency and everything and it does not make it greasy, a little goes a long way.

Last edited:

Casarela

My edges laugh at that IC gel. To date I haven't found anything to keep them straight all day. Now I use good old brown gel for my wavy phony pony. I like IC to twist when I was natural though or maybe a braid out nowadays.

Oh ok...well I was using iIC to have my hair flat but not straight. My hair usually was very frizzy however the gel gave my hair that SLEEK look. I thought OP was inquiring about something to sleek the hair...My bad!

ChristmasCarol

I just ordered this off eBay, OP. Thanks for bringing out the PJ in me, lol.

My daughters will be the ones using it, but I may try it, too. I'm not really fond of slick edges on me. I'll let you know how it works out after I receive it.

growingbrown

cosign with Ms.blue, I was using Hicks transformations but it was giving me build up and also the price was a bit steep. So I found ORS edge control a few mths ago for about $5.00 and it works just like hicks smooth edges. The same consistency and everything and it does not make it greasy, a little goes a long way.

I bought this yesterday. You are right. Its the same consistency as hicks. I guess I just have to settle. I'm looking for something that will get my edges straight and keep them straight for longer than 4 hours. Otherwise o.k.

Janet'

They actually have Hicks at my local beauty supply store for $19.99...The jury is still out for me, though...

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
My sister's weave technician tried this on my hair last night. I was shocked how easily my edges laid down. I've tried EcoStyler and Elasta QP and they worked nothing like this. I purchased a jar on Amazon for $9.
I woke up this morning an my edges are still laid and moist.

Miss AJ

I still have a little bit left from when my roommate in Afghanistan gave me a few jars. This stuff is the truth, definitely gonna use it on my flat twists tomorrow.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I still have a little bit left from when my roommate in Afghanistan gave me a few jars. This stuff is the truth, definitely gonna use it on my flat twists tomorrow.

Hi Miss AJ Thanks for posting!
I'm relaxed and stretching. i want to know if anyone has used this on their new growth and not just their edges for a smooth style.

Miss AJ

I guess my whole head is new growth lol but I used it to slick my hair back in the desert and it got the job done very well.

ctosha

@shortt29, I thought I was the only one who uses ecostyler and edge tamer together. I have some unruly edges that have a mind of their own.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I recently purchased Hicks Edge smoother and it is AMAZING!!! It provides the perfect hold without getting greasy or losing the hold. I cant believe that I just found this product. I've been using it in lieu of eco styler for my edges when wearing a twistout.