Prepping for a Texlax--Tips?

LadyBlu

Hey ladies! After a successful 16 week stretch, I can't take the multiple textures anymore. I am natural, texlaxed and relaxed at the same time. I always notice that my ends seem a lot thinner when I get to this point because the top of my hair is so thick.

I thought about self relaxing, but I am just too scared. I let the Dominicans texlax me last time, and she did a pretty good job.

I need some tips on prepping though. I don't want to set myself back due to damage. Last time, I used porosity control the night before. This time I am gong to base myself with Vaseline (I don't think she did that last time).

She usually applies conditioner to my hair before applying the relaxer to slow down the processing time, but she still leaves the product on for about 15 minutes.

Should I put oil on my hair to protect the ends? What do you ladies do?

Yes base with vaseline! Ladies sometimes put a protein in the relaxer, i have yet to try this but will on my next one. I was texlaxing accidently all these years. What I did do is I put a moisturizer or olive oil on the hair that I am not touching up so as to not overprocess. (I kind of saturate on this because fear overprocessing damage). I leave the relaxer on for about 10 mins to get my texlax; I know some ladies do less. But for me nothing really gets my hair bone straight heck I could leave it on longer and still be texlaxed. AFter that, I rinse it all out and then neutralize - other ladies to a reconstructive process and then neutralize (I have not tried this yet). Then, I use a conditioner and leave it on for a while. Rinse. and Lastly, my leave in conditioner.

Back