My Texlax is Gone!!

InJesusName

I had to vent ladies!!! After successfully stretching for 6 months, I decided to texlax. So I went to this salon (I am afraid to relax my own hair) and had already planned to ensure that I walked out with a nice texlax. Well, this lady starts off by telling me that it is bad for my hair to go so long without a relaxer. Then she puts relaxer down the whole hair shaft:mad: :mad: ! When I tell her to relax the new growth only she says that she must treat my hair like virgin hair!! (Thank goodness I used porosity control before I sat in her chair) So I am already mad, but since she had started, I felt like I had to stay. So after she applied the relaxer (mild, for sensitive scalp) I pretended to be burning and asked her to take the relaxer out. This woman REFUSED to take out the relaxer!! She said it needed time to take. I forgot to mention that I told her that my hair processes fast before she applied the relaxer (which is true--15 minutes can leave me bone straight). Needless to say, she left the relaxer on my hair for about 20 minutes and probably would have left it on longer if I had not demanded that she wash it out. Now my hair is bone straight and I have to go to the drawing board to get a texlaxed look.

The only good news is that my hair is a lot stronger thanks to that stretch. I am very afraid, but this experience makes me want to self relax. I am almost to a point where I want to go to beauty school myself and then open a true HEALTHY HAIR CARE salon!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

newflowers

I am so sorry to hear this happened to you. If nothing else, definitely a new stylist neext time. I think you could relax your hair yourself - there are plenty of ladies with good tips of how to avoid overlapping and methods for keeping the hair healthy.

cmw45

I would have DEMANDED that she took it out right now! If she refused, I would have taken my little black ass over the washing station and rinsed it out myself! I used to think that i didn't have the right to tell stylist what they should or should not do to my hair...I always thought, "I wouldn't tell a doctor what medicines to prescribe me? Right?" WRONG! I've learned that doctor's appreciate it when you can tell them how your body typically responds to certain things and after having a pretty good stylist who listened to me about my hair...I've decided, IT'S MY MONEY, IT'S MY HAIR and I should have it done the way that I want it done.

All this to say, I don't know if I could put a chemical in my hair...then again, I'm natural...however, there are a lot of women on this forum who do EXCELLENT job putting in their relaxers so...more power to ya.

guesswho

InJesusName said:
I had to vent ladies!!! After successfully stretching for 6 months, I decided to texlax. So I went to this salon (I am afraid to relax my own hair) and had already planned to ensure that I walked out with a nice texlax. Well, this lady starts off by telling me that it is bad for my hair to go so long without a relaxer. Then she puts relaxer down the whole hair shaft:mad: :mad: ! When I tell her to relax the new growth only she says that she must treat my hair like virgin hair!! (Thank goodness I used porosity control before I sat in her chair) So I am already mad, but since she had started, I felt like I had to stay. So after she applied the relaxer (mild, for sensitive scalp) I pretended to be burning and asked her to take the relaxer out. This woman REFUSED to take out the relaxer!! She said it needed time to take. I forgot to mention that I told her that my hair processes fast before she applied the relaxer (which is true--15 minutes can leave me bone straight). Needless to say, she left the relaxer on my hair for about 20 minutes and probably would have left it on longer if I had not demanded that she wash it out. Now my hair is bone straight and I have to go to the drawing board to get a texlaxed look.

The only good news is that my hair is a lot stronger thanks to that stretch. I am very afraid, but this experience makes me want to self relax. I am almost to a point where I want to go to beauty school myself and then open a true HEALTHY HAIR CARE salon!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Don't take this personal sweety

But why the fXXk you'll does let these idiot stylist mess you'll up I'm fedup of seeing these things get up! It wasn't to late, so what if she put relaxer on one piece as soon as it looks like she's f-ing up tell that ***** excuse me and go wash of that lil piece and get the hell out of that place,

this is not directed at you sweety I'm so sorry this happen to you but I want you'll do be in control not these hairdressers bless!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
U are paying her to do what U want to your hair. She has no right to force her own opinions on you!:mad: I would have rinsed out my hair myself and walked out. Never feel you HAVE to do something that U don't want. That's your right as a customer. Sorry U went thru that. I would never go back to her.:mad:

SEMO

cmw45 said:
I would have DEMANDED that she took it out right now! If she refused, I would have taken my little black ass over the washing station and rinsed it out myself! I used to think that i didn't have the right to tell stylist what they should or should not do to my hair...I always thought, "I wouldn't tell a doctor what medicines to prescribe me? Right?" WRONG! I've learned that doctor's appreciate it when you can tell them how your body typically responds to certain things and after having a pretty good stylist who listened to me about my hair...I've decided, IT'S MY MONEY, IT'S MY HAIR and I should have it done the way that I want it done.

All this to say, I don't know if I could put a chemical in my hair...then again, I'm natural...however, there are a lot of women on this forum who do EXCELLENT job putting in their relaxers so...more power to ya.

I agree with her. You should not have to take any kind of treatment when you are paying other people for their services. I remember being really timid when I used to get my hair relaxed, but that was because I was younger and also didn't want to contradict my elders. Luckily I never walked away with chemically damaged hair (my stylists were always great at relaxing) but I walked away more than once with a style different from what I'd asked for.

Hon, hopefully your hair is still healthy and strong. And I'm sorry you had to deal with this setback.

PapillionRouge

Yea, girl u need a bigger backbone.
Next time if a stylist ignores ur demands like that, walk up to the sink and rinse it out ur own dam self if it comes to that.
Always remember YOU are the customer, and the customer is always right.
If she cant see it that way, then she is not the right stylist for u....

InJesusName said:

I think you should start relaxing your hair. I've done mine about 3 or 4 times now and the worst that's ever happened has been me not feeling like I got it straight enough. I dont even trust any of those so called hair stylists touching my hair anymore. If you're afraid of overlapping, you could always do a ponytail relaxer.

gimbap

:nono: She would've got stabbed.

What if you really were burning, and you ended up with hair loss and burns on your scalp?

Mystic

Awwww, your experience at the hairdresser sucks! Everytime I hear stories like these, it really piss me off! At least you have a positive thing to say that your hair is stronger - that's good.

Chromia

Lonei, LondonDiva, and SouthernGirl have info. in their fotkis on how to self-relax.

For my next touch-up I'm going to a new salon. I went in there for a wash and set so I could watch them do relaxers and trims. I liked what I saw, so I'm thinking positive thoughts about my touch-up next week.

I've been thinking about self-relaxing because of my experience with my former stylist, so I bookmarked a lot of info. about how to do it.
http://journals.fotki.com/lonei3/lonei4/
http://journals.fotki.com/redhotlala/relaxer/
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=46135&highlight=neutraliz%2A
http://members.fotki.com/Homegirljiggy/about/
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=126942&highlight=relax%2A
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/111225/how_to_put_in_a_relaxer_in_black_womens.html
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=127184

This 360 degree mirror should really help:
http://www.old-fashioned-values.com/get_item_360mirror_360-degree-mirror.htm
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=125317

HoneyDew

This is why I am afriad to go to the salon for touchups. I want to stay texturized and they don't do it properly if you ask.

tnorenberg

guesswho said:
Don't take this personal sweety

But why the fXXk you'll does let these idiot stylist mess you'll up I'm fedup of seeing these things get up! It wasn't to late, so what if she put relaxer on one piece as soon as it looks like she's f-ing up tell that ***** excuse me and go wash off that lil piece and get the hell out of that place,

this is not directed at you sweety I'm so sorry this happen to you but I want you'll do be in control not these hairdressers bless!

You took the words right out of my mouth. Unless they are a newbie, there's no excuse for letting some stylist screw with your hair against your will. Have the GaZillion threads warning us of such gone unread? How many mistakes of others do we have to endure until we get it that WE are the ones in control of our hair when we are the ones paying them.!!!