~~~Prepoo....Then Clarify???~~~~

PrettyBlackHair

I workout 5x a week and I know I sweat a good amount. I still only wash once a week cuz I wear a half wig and I'm a college student with no time for co washing. I love prepooing but I wonder if I should clarifying since I workout so much or will my normal CON do just fine. Mind you I do clarify every 3 washes (every 3 weeks) but that's when I don't clarify. Basically I'm asking...If I clarify after prepooing is it washing all the goodness of prepooing away? :perplexed

JLove74

I workout 5x a week and I know I sweat a good amount. I still only wash once a week cuz I wear a half wig and I'm a college student with no time for co washing. I love prepooing but I wonder if I should clarifying since I workout so much or will my normal CON do just fine. Mind you I do clarify every 3 washes (every 3 weeks) but that's when I don't clarify. Basically I'm asking...If I clarify after prepooing is it washing all the goodness of prepooing away? :perplexed

yes. The clarifying will strip any moisture you've attained with the prepoo.

Empress Yahudah

YES.........

Aggie

I feel that if your hair is at the stage where it requires a clarifying shampoo, it's not necessary to pre-poo because your hair already has so much buildup that the pre-poo probably isnt penetrating the hair shaft anyway. So if you are going to clarify, perhaps, you should skip the pre-poo stage just for that wash, if that makes sense. Then I would suggest perhaps dc-ing for at least 45 minutes or longer, IMHO to restore ample moisture to the hair shaft lost through the clarifying shampoo washing. I hope this makes sense.

PrettyBlackHair

I feel that if your hair is at the stage where it requires a clarifying shampoo, it's not necessary to pre-poo because your hair already has so much buildup that the pre-poo probably isnt penetrating the hair shaft anyway. So if you are going to clarify, perhaps, you should skip the pre-poo stage just for that wash, if that makes sense. Then I would suggest perhaps dc-ing for at least 45 minutes or longer, IMHO to restore ample moisture to the hair shaft lost through the clarifying shampoo washing. I hope this makes sense.

Thank you so much Aggie! This really does help....my only problem is that I wear a half wig so I cant always tell when my hair needs to be clarified :ohwell:

Aggie

Thank you so much Aggie! This really does help....my only problem is that I wear a half wig so I cant always tell when my hair needs to be clarified :ohwell:

You're welcomed. I also wear a lot of half wigs and full wigs but I am on the MN challenge so I need to clarify like twice a month or at least every 3 weeks.