Praying over a room

mrselle

My home is usually peaceful. There is just this peaceful feeling that lingers in every room of the house. My stepdaughter lives with us full time. I love her. She is a teenager, so of course she tries to see how far she can push us, but overall she is a good kid. She’s smart, makes good grades, etc… Right now she is away visiting her mother. I am taking this opportunity to give her room a thorough cleaning…throw stuff out, organize things a little better for her…all the things that teenagers don’t think to do. When I was in her room last night I noticed that there was such an odd vibe. I started feeling really down and sad. Today I still have that feeling. I noticed an odd feeling in our home a few nights ago, so I prayed and it went away, but last night when I started cleaning her room it returned. I can’t really explain it, but it’s like this “feeling” is lingering in her room. I’m going to pray in her room and anoint the walls and her bed and pray over my entire home. Is there anything more that I need to do? What could be going on?

maybe she is depressed about something. i used to walk into my own room and get that vibe, but be happy everywhere else in the house or outside of it.maybe you should set down and chat with her to see if there is anything deeply bothering her as well. i never really had anyone that i could vent about things with and i would bottle it in. and there was negativiity in my little personal space

I think you got it covered. But during your cleaning make sure that there is nothing demonic in her room that may have gone unnoticed. I'm doing the same thing to my children's room today. My son complained of seeing a bad guy and a witch fighting last night. He also woke up with a 102.8 degree temperature. I'm about to do some SERIOUS cleaning in their room both physically and spiritually. It's long overdue. Stormie Omartian has a great book called The Power of a Praying Parent that covers this and everything you can think of concerning your child. I'll be back with her prayer for a child's room..although I'm sure your prayer was just as good and has already been heard. :D

Thank you mzhotinz86 and Mocha5.

I don't think she's depressed, but I'm not sure. She and her dad had a slight disagreement before she left and that might be bothering her. I know the last few weeks before school let out she was trying my husband and I big time. I did discover some notes (you know how kids write notes to each other) in her room. Of course I read them and I have to say I am a bit shocked by the language these kids use today. I found a lot of notes from one girl in particularly. This girl is nice enough, but she is only 16 years old and just had a baby a few months ago. I know that these things happen and God can use anyone HE wants to use for HIS glory, but the girl is back to messing around with boys again and I find myself say, "Where is her mother in all this? Didn't she learn anything" My stepdaughter is always finding a way to hang out with her at her house. My husband and I let her go over there once and when my husband went back to pick her up she was there sitting on a couch inbetween two boys, while her friend was sitting on the other couch cuddled up with a boy and they were under a blanket. Needless to say, my stepdaughter hasn't been back to that house since then.

I do have that book by Stormie Omartian, but I haven't read it in quite sometime. I'm going to have to go back and read it.

Ok, so I don't have to post the prayer. :) Isn't that book great.? The Power of a Praying Wife is good also. I would definitely get those letters outta there and anything else "unclean." I would also work on directing her away from this child. It's just not in her best interest to continue this relationship. I am not looking forward to the teen years...lol. I hope God triples my wisdom by then. :grin:

I have the Power of a Praying Wife also.

I'm not sure what I can do to direct her away from this young lady. If I show her that I disapprove of her then that will make her want to hang around this girl more.

Well maybe for starters you can start scheduling activites around the times she like to hang out with her i.e. movies, shopping, etc. And if she just has to see her then "put your foot down" and tell her she can come over to your house but she can't go to hers. And the whole boys incident at the girl's house is enough of a reason if she needs one. i remember there was this fast behind girl I use to LOVE in high school. My mother flat out said you are not to hang out with her. Honey, I whined, complained, cried and just could not understand why my mother was being so horrible. But as an adult I SOOO understand why. I really believe as a parents we need to let go of the reigns as they get older in order for them to learn independence but at the same time I think there will continue to be "I know best and that's final" moments.

And find that book, Girl. Read the chapter abut praying for Godly friends.

Plead the blood on the walls and everything in the room. Leave the worship/praise music going in her room when she isn't home.

mrselle said:
My home is usually peaceful. There is just this peaceful feeling that lingers in every room of the house. My stepdaughter lives with us full time. I love her. She is a teenager, so of course she tries to see how far she can push us, but overall she is a good kid. She’s smart, makes good grades, etc… Right now she is away visiting her mother. I am taking this opportunity to give her room a thorough cleaning…throw stuff out, organize things a little better for her…all the things that teenagers don’t think to do. When I was in her room last night I noticed that there was such an odd vibe. I started feeling really down and sad. Today I still have that feeling. I noticed an odd feeling in our home a few nights ago, so I prayed and it went away, but last night when I started cleaning her room it returned. I can’t really explain it, but it’s like this “feeling” is lingering in her room. I’m going to pray in her room and anoint the walls and her bed and pray over my entire home. Is there anything more that I need to do? What could be going on?
From Mark 4:22 "There is nothing hid which shall not be manifested; neither is anything kept secret, but that it should come abroad."

I love this scripture. For God is there to give us the answers to what we do not know.

Also, you are right to pray and annoint her room and her clothing, her closet, her shoes, the walls, the floors, her bed, even the bathroom. We all need a spiritual 'detox'. We are totally surrounded by different voices and influences which try to cloud the presence of God in our lives.

As intercessors for our children, we have to power to overpower this. I prayed each night over my children as they slept, annointed them and prayed over all of their clothing, their rooms, school books, you name it. And it paid off. Jesus is Lord.

I set myself in agreement with you for your ENTIRE home and family. ;) In Jesus' name, Amen and Amen.

How do you annoint the room? Do you put holy water everywhere? When I first bought my home, I did that and prayed over the house. I know you can hire pastors to do it too.

I too believe in the power of prayer in the home and anoiting the walls the heads of the children. I even did what the woman in Tyler Perrys "meet the browns" did. I opened the door and said to the enemy you have no place here, get out evil spirits. The power of the holy spirit is awesome it's been peaceful.

I pray that things will turn around quick for you mrselle, matter of fact I know that it will turn around quickly with the power of jesus. Thanks for the quote shimmie, I am going to turn the bible page on Mark 4:22 and let that marinate in the spirit in my home.

BTW can someone PM me where I can get those books mentioned.

Thank you all for your words of wisdom and encouragement. I finished cleaning her room last night and once again when I entered the room I got a weird vibe. Even though her room is all nice and clean the feeling in there is still odd. I've prayed over the entire house...maybe I need to pray some more.

Something odd happened last night at about 12:30am. My husband gets up and I thought he heard our baby crying so he went to go check on her. I listened, but I didn't hear her crying, so I got up to go to her room and asked him what was wrong. He said that he heard the radio on in her room so he went to turn it off. I asked him how the radio could have come on and he said that he noticed that her clock was about 10 minutes fast so he changed it earlier that day and he may have set the alarm by accident. I guess this makes "logical" sense, but I had a little bit of trouble falling back to sleep.

brownsuga - I have opened my front door and and commanded any spirit that is not of God to get out. I use to do that pretty regularly. I would concentrate on the corners and just shoo them out.

Country gal - I have some anointing oil that I got from a friend. Its extra virgin olive oil that her pastor prayed over. I anoint the walls, the doors, door knobs, the head board, I'll anoint my husband's pillow, etc...

mrselle said:
I have the Power of a Praying Wife also.

I'm not sure what I can do to direct her away from this young lady. If I show her that I disapprove of her then that will make her want to hang around this girl more.

This is easy... Galations 3... "Cast the bond woman out..."

Want more? Esther 1:19 "If it pleases the king, let there be a royal decree that shall be placed into the laws, which cannot be repealed, that never again shall she come unto him..."

Now the word of God has ONE meaning BUT many applications. Apply God's word to this situation. When the wrong person is in our children's or our husband's lives, cast them out with God's word. And not just their presence, but all ties and bonds, and associations; any and every connection or reason or desire or need that has caused the connection.

Mind you, I am very guarded in how I use God's word and I always ask the Holy Spirit to 'lead and guide me' when I pray. These scriptures above are pure. And God has given us His full permission to 'Drive them out..." meaning any and every negative / unholy / un Godly influence that would stand in the way of our loved one's well being.

In the beginning God said.....

And so He has given such to you. Speak His word and allow Him to rule out all that should not be. You have been given His full authority.

Ummm, btw: There was a time when my son had too many 'girlfriends'. They're gone... He's happily married; no more fooling around.

I love Ephesians 2... "We shall be as we have been such created." You can't touch me with anything else, because of this scripture. I confess and profess this word all the time. That I shall be as God has such created me to be. I confess and pray it over my loved ones. For it is God's word and God word shall stand forever against any and everything.

Your daughter shall be as God has such created. Case Closed. ;)

Regarding your home and the 'feeling' that you can't let go of, ask the Holy Spirit to just 'show 'it' to you and give you peace about it. He always does. Always. ;)

((( hugs angel ))) ;)

Thank you, Shimmie. You have no idea how much I value your words of wisdom. (((((hugs back to you))))

mrselle said:
Thank you, Shimmie. You have no idea how much I value your words of wisdom. (((((hugs back to you))))
It's Jesus. To God be the Glory.

I went through hell and back with my babies. But it was worth it. For God was only showing me that He ruled and not the devil.

Here's another scripture and I LOVE this! Lord Jesus, I'm about to shout and preach right here and now.

Psalm 89...the whole Psalm.

What I love about this is when God says, "I will not alter the thing which has gone out of my lips."..............

Don't get me started on this scripture. But God says here, that He will NOT alter.... He WILL NOT CHANGE what He has promised us; He will not change (alter) what He word has said; He will not change (alter) what has come forth from His mouth... His words, His lips.

He says it here, that He will keep what He promised.

Oh! And Isaiah 29:3... "I the Lord, do keep it, I watch it day and night..."

Job 5: "They (the enemy) will not be able to perform their enterprise". Also in Job 5, God says, we are hid from the scourge of the tongue. This cancels out any and every negative comment/confession that has been spoken out against us and our loved ones.

God even says here in Job 5, that we can leave our homes, come back and find nothing taken.

Ohhhh and Psalm 16... "He guards all that is mine." It's translated as "Thou maintaineth my lot." ...

I'm on a roll here. Isaiah 7:1-8. I'll get to the point. "This shall not stand, neither shall it come to pass. It shall not expand its boundaries. You see there was a threat towards God's chldren. The king of Assyria threated and boasted of his prior conquests and was coming after the children of Isreal. King Hezekiah, took the letter (the threat) and laid it before God and prayed. And God sent the phophet Isaiah to him to tell him that "This shall not stand...neither shall it come to pass."

:lol: God does not play. Do you hear me? I LOVE the word of God. I"ve never yet been denied an answer to my prayers nor my situations in life. My children have so much word over them that the devil is in severe derision and handicap...he cannot touch them.

I walked the floor day and night, confessing the word over them; and commanding the devil to let my babies go. My seed is blessed of the Lord and devil, you cannot have them! I even told the devil that I would kill him before his time, if he continued to mess with my babies. The devil backed off. For did not God say, we have authority over every devil and unclean spirit? Indeed we do... Oh indeed we do. ;)

Last edited:
SHIMMIE YOU BETTA PREACH THIS MORNIN GIRL!!!!!! WHEW!!!! HALLELUJAH! Don't get me started up in here. I'll be running through the house and my babies will be running behind me. :lachen:

K, I'm a take it down a few notches. Shimmie, I pray that God will bless me with the wisdom and the abilty to emember and recite scripture like that. Will you stand in agreement with me.

*Sorry Mrselle...don't mean to hijack your thread.

Mocha5 said:
SHIMMIE YOU BETTA PREACH THIS MORNIN GIRL!!!!!! WHEW!!!! HALLELUJAH! Don't get me started up in here. I'll be running through the house and my babies will be running behind me. :lachen:

K, I'm a take it down a few notches. Shimmie, I pray that God will bless me with the wisdom and the abilty to emember and recite scripture like that. Will you stand in agreement with me.

*Sorry Mrselle...don't mean to hijack your thread.
I agree. It's already inside of you, Darlin. We can all 'run' and preach up a storm. The power of being 'one.' (Genesis 11:6 "And nothing shall be restrained from them which they have imagined to do...") I love this scripture for God said, The people are one...and nothing shall be restrained from them which they have imagined to do." Can you see why satan wants to divide us?

See why he wants to hold and keep us in disagreement and strife? Without each other, it's hard to stand.

But together....as one.... NOTHING will be restrained from us... NO restraints...none; absolutely none. That's why the devil steps into marriages and families...friendships. If we're not 'one' we won't accomplish very much. No restraints as one....

The thing is, the devil thinks he's hurting us when he brings mess into our lives. But all it does is take us on our knees crying before God our Father. And 'there' we all become and remain 'One.'

((( hugs precious angel))) ;)

Shimmie said:
I agree. It's already inside of you, Darlin. We can all 'run' and preach up a storm. The power of being 'one.' (Genesis 11:6 "And nothing shall be restrained from them which they have imagined to do...") I love this scripture for God said, The people are one...and nothing shall be restrained from them which they have imagined to do." Can you see why satan wants to divide us?

See why he wants to hold and keep us in disagreement and strife? Without each other, it's hard to stand.

But together....as one.... NOTHING will be restrained from us... NO restraints...none; absolutely none. That's why the devil steps into marriages and families...friendships. If we're not 'one' we won't accomplish very much. No restraints as one....

The thing is, the devil thinks he's hurting us when he brings mess into our lives. But all it does is take us on our knees crying before God our Father. And 'there' we all become and remain 'One.'

((( hugs precious angel))) ;)

Amen.
Awesome & encouraging thread.
The entire thread applies to my current tests :)

Mocha5 said:
I think you got it covered. But during your cleaning make sure that there is nothing demonic in her room that may have gone unnoticed. I'm doing the same thing to my children's room today. My son complained of seeing a bad guy and a witch fighting last night. He also woke up with a 102.8 degree temperature. I'm about to do some SERIOUS cleaning in their room both physically and spiritually. It's long overdue. Stormie Omartian has a great book called The Power of a Praying Parent that covers this and everything you can think of concerning your child. I'll be back with her prayer for a child's room..although I'm sure your prayer was just as good and has already been heard. :D

Can someone post this prayer, please?

Thank you, Shimmie. You always have the perfect scriptures at the right time. :)

MeccaMedina:

In the chapter "Praying Through a Child's Room" she speaks of a time when her son was having awful nightmares even though he hadn't been watching horror shows or anything. They prayed with him several times but the dreams persisted. So she prayed and asked God to show her why he was having these nightmares. God led her to his room where she started checking out some video games her son had borrowed. At first glance this particular video game appeared harmless but upon closer examination she found a bunch of satanic garbage in the instructions. So she and her husband anointed the room.

The yoke wiil be destroyed because of the anointing oil.
Isaiah 10:27

You shall take the anointing oil and anoint the tabernacle and all that is in it; and you shall hallow it and all its utensils and it shall be holy.
Exodus 40:9

Here's the prayer:

Lord,

I invite Your Holy Spirit to dwell in this room, which belongs to (name of child). You are Lord over heaven and earth, and I proclaim that You are Lord over this room as well. Flood it with you light and life. Crowd out any darkness which seeks to impose itself here, and let no spirits of fear, depression, anger, doubt, anxiety, rebelliousness, anger or hatred (name anything you've seen manifested in your child's behavior) find any place here. I pray that nothing will come into this room that is not brought by You, Lord. If there is anything here that shouldn't be, show me so it can be taken out.

Put your complete protection over this room so that evil cannot enter by any means. Fill this room with Your love, peace, and joy. I pray that my child will say, as David did, "I will walk within my house with a perfect heart. I will set nothing wicked before my eyes" Psalm 101:2,3. I pray that You, Lord will make this room a holy place, sanctified for Your glory.

Last edited:
Thanks again Mocha. My children & I really need this :)

Mocha5 said:
Thank you, Shimmie. You always have the perfect scriptures at the right time. :)

MeccaMedina:

In the chapter "Praying Through a Child's Room" she speaks of a time when her son was having awful nightmares even though he hadn't been watching horror shows or anything. They prayed with him several times but the dreams persisted. So she prayed and asked God to show her why he was having these nightmares. God led her to his room where she started checking out some video games her son had borrowed. At first glance this particular video game appeared harmless but upon closer examination she found a bunch of satanic garbage in the instructions. So she and her husband anointed the room.

The yoke wiil be destroyed because of the annointing oil.
Isaiah 10:27

You shal take the anointing oil and anoint the tabernacle and all that is n it; and you shall hallow it and all its utensils and it shall be holy.
Exodus 40:9

Here's the prayer:

Lord,

I invite Your Holy Spirit to dwell in this room, which belongs to (name of child). You are Lord over heaven and earth, and I proclaim that You are Lord over this room as well. Flood it with you light and life. Crowd out any darkness which seeks to impose itself here, and let no spirits of fear, depression, anger, doubt, anxiety, rebelliousness, anger or hatred (name anything you've seen manifested in your child's behavior) find any place here. I pray that nothing will come into this room that is not brought by You, Lord. If there is anything here that shouldn't be, show me so it can be taken out.

Put your complete protection over this room so that evil cannot enter by any means. Fill this room with Your love, peace, and joy. I pray that my child will say, as David did, "I will walk within my house with a perfect heart. I will set nothing wicked before my eyes" Psalm 101:2,3. I pray that You, Lord will make this room a holy place, sanctified for Your glory.

No problem, girl. We ALL need it. But we are at an advantage because we KNOW we need it. Praying that your family will be blessed!

If you get a chance though pick up her book. She has a prayer for every situation that you could possibly think of concerning parenting.

When my child was going thru this I went into her room in which she had placed a poster on the wall and I immediately knew that what was going on with her had to do with that poster. We removed it and things got better.

When it came back again I knew that it had to do with the music she was listening to. She said everybody else listens to it and they don't have problems. I said yea, but your spirit is a bit more sensative to that kind of stuff.

I am totally blown away with the Spirit that you lovely ladies have!
Thank you to the lady that started this thread and all of the encouraging words that have been posted here. I really need it right now.
Mocha5 I have already printed out this prayer:) to pray over my child and I will get the book by God's grace.
It is so true what the Bible says-If we say we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. The Word of God is so true and Shimmie my spirit was jumping for joy as you were preaching- I'm at work and trying hard to contain myself so I don't burst out in 'tongues'!:D
I just thank God for this particular forum cos I can always find encouragement and remember how good it is to taste the Lord and see......
We refuse to let the devil hold our kids, husbands, families and lives to ransom anymore.
We press forward to take hold of the promises of God for our lives and loved ones.
We march on as God's army and tell the devil in his face 'enough is enough'!:mad:
These are the last days and we will not be sucked in by the declining and deteriorating world around us instead we will rise and manifest God's glory in our jobs, our schools, our homes, our communities.........
We will stand for God's truth and not be ashamed and teach our children same.
God bless us all!:)

deola said:

And I'm totally blown away by you. You doing some preachin yoself wit your cute lil'
face!

Mocha5 I have already printed out this prayer:) to pray over my child and I will get the book by God's grace.

Try Amazon.com. You prolly can get it for about 2 bucks used.

I'm at work and trying hard to contain myself so I don't burst out in 'tongues'!:D

Speak dem tongues girl and make a lie out the devil!!!

I just thank God for this particular forum cos I can always find encouragement and remember how good it is to taste the Lord and see......
We refuse to let the devil hold our kids, husbands, families and lives to ransom anymore.
We press forward to take hold of the promises of God for our lives and loved ones.
We march on as God's army and tell the devil in his face 'enough is enough'!:mad:
These are the last days and we will not be sucked in by the declining and deteriorating world around us instead we will rise and manifest God's glory in our jobs, our schools, our homes, our communities.........

You betta PREACH! Amen!

And your baby girl is a doll face!:grin:

deola said:
Thank you to the lady that started this thread and all of the encouraging words that have been posted here. I really need it right now.
It is so true what the Bible says-If we say we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. The Word of God is so true and Shimmie my spirit was jumping for joy as you were preaching- I'm at work and trying hard to contain myself so I don't burst out in 'tongues'!:D
God bless us all!:)
:kiss: Angel, just shout and let it cast the devil out... he doesn't have a leg, let alone a prayer to stand on and he NEVER will. Not ever...

Oh somebody just give God some praise. The devil cannot and is NOT going to have or steal our children. Our seed is blessed of the Lord and what belongs to God cannot be plucked out of His hands.

Somebody praise Him...Glory, glory, glory to the Lamb, the precious yet powerful Lamb of God and He is ours and we are His...forever and ever Amen.

Sweet Mocha...thank you for posting the prayers from Stormie's book. For you see, you have blessed us and have given us something that we can all stand upon together.

It goes back to Genesis 11:6.... "The people are ONE and nothing shall be restrained from them which they have imagined to do. We are ONE and nothing shall be restrained from us...our prayers, our hearts are ONE and together as ONE we have the power that no devil in or out of hell can conquer.

We are ONE...

Praise God for bringing us all together as one...;)

So here's a testimony yall:

Today I was speaking with my husband about our 2nd son. For the last month he has been really acting up in school. Talking constantly during class. Hiding letters from his teacher, being sneaky, and lying. This comes from a child who is never in trouble at school. So I have been working with his teacher to try and stop the talking. I made an incentive sheet for him to take to school everyday. She circles the appropriate smiley face based on his behavior. If he gets a happy smiley face then he is rewarded. Girls, I shoulda saved myself the trouble. He still contiues to talk. He has had his butt beat and he has been put on punishment. Nothing has stopped the behavior.

So today that I (finally) get the revelation that Satan is attacking me through my son. The behavior has started since I have been studying, consistently going to church, praising and worshipping and overall becoming a lot stronger in God. So he knows that this is a way to really throw me off because when my sons are misbehaving (especially something like lying) I am livid. All of the fruits of the spirit go straight out the window! So I get this revelation today. And I start telling him about doing all that we ladies have discussed so far (anointing the room, praying throughout the room, etc. He agrees with me.

So he leaves for work. I decide that I'm about to start my spiritual cleaning. So I'm looking for a Christian station to play on the intercom system. I end up leaving it on 970AM and Focus on the Family is on. Guess what he's talking about??? Yep you guessed it Children. James Dobson talked about how he prays everyday for his childrens' well being. He and his wife are sooo serious about this that since 1970 they have set aside one day a week to fast for their children. Talking about powerful! I'm sure this sacrifice has kept their children on many occassions but can you imagine the postive affect it has had on their marriage? Wow! Needless to say I feel blessed to have caught that half of the show. :)

Shimmie said:
Oh somebody just give God some praise. The devil cannot and is NOT going to have or steal our children. Our seed is blessed of the Lord and what belongs to God cannot be plucked out of His hands.

Somebody praise Him...Glory, glory, glory to the Lamb, the precious yet powerful Lamb of God and He is ours and we are His...forever and ever Amen.

Oooooh, we bout to have church up in here! Amen!

Sweet Mocha...thank you for posting the prayers from Stormie's book. For you see, you have blessed us and have given us something that we can all stand upon together.

Awww, Shimmie. You're welcome. Just tryin to be like you. So when will you be through with your book? All that scripture you got on the inside of you..all that wisdom...I know you planning on sharing it with the world, right?

It goes back to Genesis 11:6.... "The people are ONE and nothing shall be restrained from them which they have imagined to do.

My new memory verse! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Praise God for bringing us all together as one...;)

Isn't He magnificent???!!!

By the way, I finished the spiritual cleanse in my kids' rooms. ;)

I just told my husband all what we've been talking about in this thread and he's so happy that I found this forum-not just for hair but also for spiritual growth as we share together testimonies of His goodness in our lives as well as encourage our spiritual growth-it's just like church on the net!:D
Mocha5 that devil is a liar- God's got his butt whopped after all our Lord made a public show of shame of that devil through his death on the cross-hallelujah!- don't get me started now, I'm trying to close from work!:D
Thanks for all your comments Shimmie and Mocha5!:D

Back