Prayers for a difficult marriage

Renaylor

My DH and I have been married for 13 yrs and together for a total of 20. Like any relationship we had our difficult days some more difficult than others. We have 2 kids. Two years ago I hit rock bottom. I had backslided in my relationship with God over the years and I was a changed person for the worse. I renewed my relationship with him and became saved. I worked at repairing all the damage I had caused and asked forgiveness of my husband. We were both at fault. I am trying to win my husband to Christ. He is receptive and I know he is observing my behavior and what I do as an example.
Lately everything is falling apart again-it is like Satan is assaulting us. In the beginning of our marriage our relationship was troubled, the stress of a new baby and financial problems gave way to additonal frustation. My DH did not spend time with me and it made me imbittered. He latched on to this woman co-worker of his who was not married and had a daughter. They were just friends but went shopping together. She seemed respectful of the place she had in my husbands life but I was jealous because he spent time with her and not me. She moved down south a year later and got married after that. What came after however was a nightmare. My DH befriended another co-worker. She is quite heavy so I think my DH latched onto her out of sympathy. She was engaged to be married but that fell apart. She latched onto my husband tightly. They went shopping together. He justified it by telling me he did not want to spend time with me because my attitude is bad. When I got upset he defended her more. I felt so isolated and alone. She was supposedly a Christian. But I don't know of any Christian women that I know that sees a friendship causing a marital rift and continuing in the relationship. This went on for years, they talked on the phone-even when we went to the Pochanos for our 9th Wedding anniversary. I even noticed that everytime he was conversant with her he would be nasty with me after that.Now fast forward to now. They still are friends and he constantly brings her up in conversation. I am trying to maintain my composure but she is very needy and I am trying to be understanding. Even her own brother told her to leave DH alone since she sees I am not conducive of the relationship. On Friday I asked him to take my mom and I to the post office since she had to get money orders to pay her bills plus I had to go back to the department store. He told me in a nasty tone: I am leaving at 9am. I found out Saturday why he was leaving so early: DH and a friend of his helped her and her brother take stuff out of storage. I was floored. He put her in front of us again. I don't drive so now I had to take a taxi to my destination to help my mom out with her stuff so her bills can be paid and she can watch the kids. He came down to the basement to explain why he could not help us out. He came back to me couple of times. But I know my DH when he is doing something wrong he keeps coming back to me for reaffirmation.
I have had it. I have prayed on this and continue to pray on this but this friendship is wrong-I know it but he keeps defending it. And you know the worst part- In all the 13 yrs they have been friends I have never met her and he has never had the decency to introduce us. Even his family and friends know what she looks like.
Talking about it does'nt help- He won't spend quality time with me. He sees I have changed but he does not want to reach out to me to help us jumpstart positivity in our relationship. We have joined a church and I finally have some refuge of peace, but I am still crying inside.
Can someone pray for us...

goldielocs

My initial reaction may not be the right one so I'm gonna hold my tounge.

I am praying for your increased strength in this situation and that you lean on God to get you through.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
My DH and I have been married for 13 yrs and together for a total of 20. Like any relationship we had our difficult days some more difficult than others. We have 2 kids.

Two years ago I hit rock bottom. I had backslided in my relationship with God over the years and I was a changed person for the worse. I renewed my relationship with him and became saved.

I worked at repairing all the damage I had caused and asked forgiveness of my husband. We were both at fault. I am trying to win my husband to Christ. He is receptive and I know he is observing my behavior and what I do as an example.

Lately everything is falling apart again-it is like Satan is assaulting us. In the beginning of our marriage our relationship was troubled, the stress of a new baby and financial problems gave way to additonal frustation. My DH did not spend time with me and it made me imbittered. He latched on to this woman co-worker of his who was not married and had a daughter.

They were just friends but went shopping together. She seemed respectful of the place she had in my husbands life but I was jealous because he spent time with her and not me. She moved down south a year later and got married after that. What came after however was a nightmare.

My DH befriended another co-worker. She is quite heavy so I think my DH latched onto her out of sympathy. She was engaged to be married but that fell apart. She latched onto my husband tightly. They went shopping together. He justified it by telling me he did not want to spend time with me because my attitude is bad. When I got upset he defended her more. I felt so isolated and alone. She was supposedly a Christian. But I don't know of any Christian women that I know that sees a friendship causing a marital rift and continuing in the relationship.

This went on for years, they talked on the phone-even when we went to the Pochanos for our 9th Wedding anniversary. I even noticed that everytime he was conversant with her he would be nasty with me after that.Now fast forward to now. They still are friends and he constantly brings her up in conversation.

I am trying to maintain my composure but she is very needy and I am trying to be understanding. Even her own brother told her to leave DH alone since she sees I am not conducive of the relationship.

On Friday I asked him to take my mom and I to the post office since she had to get money orders to pay her bills plus I had to go back to the department store. He told me in a nasty tone: I am leaving at 9am. I found out Saturday why he was leaving so early: DH and a friend of his helped her and her brother take stuff out of storage. I was floored. He put her in front of us again.

I don't drive so now I had to take a taxi to my destination to help my mom out with her stuff so her bills can be paid and she can watch the kids. He came down to the basement to explain why he could not help us out. He came back to me couple of times. But I know my DH when he is doing something wrong he keeps coming back to me for reaffirmation.

I have had it. I have prayed on this and continue to pray on this but this friendship is wrong-I know it but he keeps defending it. And you know the worst part- In all the 13 yrs they have been friends I have never met her and he has never had the decency to introduce us. Even his family and friends know what she looks like.

Talking about it does'nt help- He won't spend quality time with me. He sees I have changed but he does not want to reach out to me to help us jumpstart positivity in our relationship.

We have joined a church and I finally have some refuge of peace, but I am still crying inside.

Awwww, Sweetie... :grouphug2:

This is so easy to get rid of... with scripture.

# 1, this is not of God, therefore God has no problem putting things as they should be between you and your husband.

We all know Genesis and the words of Jesus...

That a man shall cleave unto his wife and let no man put asunder (separate).

We all know God honours Marriage and will do whatever it takes to save a Marriage, especially when the wife has cried out to Him about this.

For the Lord has heard your cry and He is coming to deliver you and put your enemies (the enemies of your Marriage) out of their place.

Now, this woman (be she heavy or small) is out of place. The word of God clearly says in Galations 4:29 "Cast the bond woman out" and in the name of Jesus we praise God for casting this woman out, totally and completely from your marriage, the mind of your husband, the life of you and your husband, and the very intrusiveness of your Marriage which God is mending, in Jesus' name.

Also, in Hosea, God said of the woman who was in adultery (Hosea's wife, Gomer), ".... her lovers will reject her". So shall it be likewise, your husband will reject this woman and all others except you. Period! And neither will other women be attracted neither attached to your husband, Period!

She doesn't have to listen to her brother, but she does have to listen to and obey God...for she is allowing herself to be a tool of the enemy of your Marriage... you and your husband whom God has joined together.

In Genesis ... TWICE... God warned two kings not to touch the wife of Abraham (Sarah) and later his son Issac's wife (Rebekkah) (I'm paraphrasing (briefing) the stories).

Sarah was extremely beautiful and the king wanted to sleep with her, however, God warned this King in a dream not to touch her. The same occurred to the king who wanted to sleep with Rebekkah, Issac's wife.

Likewise, this woman has to listen and obey God.

In Jesus' name, she is no longer allowed to be in the way of God healing your marriage, and in the way of God effectively dealing with your husband. She has to go.

From this moment on 'this' mess shall not stand, neither shall it come to pass, and it shall not expand it's boundaries. (Isaiah 7:7-8)

In the book of Esther chapter 1:19... I am going to paraphrase and personalized this scripture.

If it pleases the King, let there be a royal decree; a law which cannot be repealed, that never again, shall she allowed to enter into your husband's presence again, not even as a friend.

I thank God for the very heart of your husband to be turned towards you and no other. That he will love you and honour you, that the two of you will increase and abound in love with one another, every moment of every day.

That you will be blessed with the same heart and mind of God and of one another (Philipians 2:2)

In the same manner that God spoke to Joseph in a Dream, comforting his heart to stay in Marriage with the Virgin Mary, so shall God speak to your husband and your husband shall hear Him and obey the voice of the Lord and not turn away, from the heart of God, neither the heart of you. In Jesus' Name.

No other person can move you from out of your husband's heart. For in Psalm 46... God says to 'Be Still (Precious Daughter), and know that I am God. I am in the midst of you and you shall not be moved.

Your Marriage from here on out is sealed in the Blood of Jesus, and nothing and no one can remove that seal, for it is seal not to be touched or broken by anyone.

Hey Married Lady... you're going to be okay. :yep:

Everything I shared is upon scripture, that I have lived on and watched God move in my life and in the lives of those I've witnessed in prayer. Believe God. Not man, but God; for God never lies. :Rose:

God bless you and your husband... :kiss: Happily One.

Last edited:

Renaylor

I cried my self to sleep last night but reading this has so lifted my spirit. :yep: But I know in my heart God will fix it. Bless you dear Shimmie.:love3:

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

We have joined a church and I finally have some refuge of peace, but I am still crying inside.

I feel your pain and hope that things work out for good. Even if he's doesn't get involved (I'd encourage you two to get it together), seek counsel for yourself. You will begin to see more clearly. I'd ask your present church if they offer marital help.

Irresistible

Its really really hard to believe this is just a friendship only going on with him and her

but nevertheless if it is the desire of your heart to heal and restore your Marriage

I stand in agreement with you

Renaylor

Its really really hard to believe this is just a friendship only going on with him and her

but nevertheless if it is the desire of your heart to heal and restore your Marriage

I stand in agreement with you

Believe or not they are just friends. One of his friends said she isn't that type and my husband said they are just friends. Friendship is one thing but when it spills over into your marriage and you put her on a pedestal above your wife that is a different matter.
I know of a similar circumstance that occurred with someone I know and the interfering "girl friend" of her now spouse got a little too friendly. She was also a "church goer". Needless to say my friend put a nice and friendly stop to it. I still don't understand how these women can justify being a Christian and doing what they are doing. However I know it comes with a heavy price:sad:

Irresistible

Believe or not they are just friends. One of his friends said she isn't that type and my husband said they are just friends. Friendship is one thing but when it spills over into your marriage and you put her on a pedestal above your wife that is a different matter.
I know of a similar circumstance that occurred with someone I know and the interfering "girl friend" of her now spouse got a little too friendly. She was also a "church goer". Needless to say my friend put a nice and friendly stop to it. I still don't understand how these women can justify being a Christian and doing what they are doing. However I know it comes with a heavy price:sad:

I dont either , I DONT know how you dealt with it all these years, I couldnt do it, its out of order. and must hurt alot! its not right! praying for you girl!

Irresistible

your right about that price. she will find herself in the same pain and in the same shoes, although your husband should not be letting this friendship interfere with your needs/wants from him. they both are accountable for this

he needs not be available to anyone but you FIRST. I pray you can heal from this.

chrstndiva

:grouphug3:

Renaylor, I am so sorry this is happening to you. This must really hurt you.

All I can say is that just friends or not, this situation is absolutely and completely out of order and I will be praying for you and your marriage.

Shimmie

Staff member
I cried my self to sleep last night but reading this has so lifted my spirit. :yep: But I know in my heart God will fix it. Bless you dear Shimmie.:love3:
Joy comes 'always' with Jesus... :love3:

And indeed He will 'fix' this and settle it once and for all. :yep:

Renaylor

I dont either , I DONT know how you dealt with it all these years, I couldnt do it, its out of order. and must hurt alot! its not right! praying for you girl!

Thank you for your thoughtful words and prayer. I guess I numbed myself and disillusioned myself to what was really going on. Plus I had children to deal with so a lot of my emotions got put on the backburner.

Renaylor

I feel your pain and hope that things work out for good. Even if he's doesn't get involved (I'd encourage you two to get it together), seek counsel for yourself. You will begin to see more clearly. I'd ask your present church if they offer marital help.

I am kind of leary asking for help from our present church because we are new and haven't officially become members yet. We have come a long way in this relationship from where we used to be but this is the only "dead branch" remaining

Renaylor

Does her husband have any other friends? Male friends? I hope you seek counseling. God be with you both.

She is not married. She was in fact engaged a number of years ago and she as my DH explained it was not treated right by her fiance. I don't know if she has any other male friends or girl friends. Her self esteem I know is clearly an issue because my DH told me she was very heavy, and I think she latched onto my DH when he started to pay her some friendly attention which may or may not have gotten misconstrued.

Stacy TheLady

I am not going to make any comments on the situation but I will write a meaningful prayer for you to consider. God's willing things will get better.

Oh God, restore my faith in You. Help me to hold firmly to your word. God, YOu are the creator of all and I acknowledge that everything that happens is in Your will and plan. Oh God, give me the patience to deal with this situation and all situations that have been decreed for me in Your divine plan.

Lord, I know you will NEVER give me more than i can bear and I will not complain about what has been written but i will get on my knees and cry out to you for myself and my spouse.

Lord if this is good for me then leave me with it and make it better so that we can keep on your word. But if this is destructive for me mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually then take it away from me and grant me peace of mind and spirit. Oh God if this is a test for me and you wish that it may never change then help me to have patience because i firmly believe YOu determine all outcomes for the BEST.

Cleanse our hearts Oh Lord and forgive us for any sins we have committed knowingly and unknowingly. Have mercy on us and increase patience, love and mercy between our hearts Oh Lord. Give us direction and increase us in knowledge. Protect us from the evil eye and the Devil and his wisperings. We put full faith in you God. I leave this prayer in your hand and i have faith you will provide me with what is best. Ameen.

Please ensure that you are ina state of purity when praying and please go on your knees. cry if you want, cry all you want. God answers the prayers of the oppressed.

Shimmie

Staff member
I am not going to make any comments on the situation but I will write a meaningful prayer for you to consider. God's willing things will get better.

Oh God, restore my faith in You. Help me to hold firmly to your word. God, YOu are the creator of all and I acknowledge that everything that happens is in Your will and plan. Oh God, give me the patience to deal with this situation and all situations that have been decreed for me in Your divine plan.

Lord, I know you will NEVER give me more than i can bear and I will not complain about what has been written but i will get on my knees and cry out to you for myself and my spouse.

Lord if this is good for me then leave me with it and make it better so that we can keep on your word. But if this is destructive for me mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually then take it away from me and grant me peace of mind and spirit. Oh God if this is a test for me and you wish that it may never change then help me to have patience because i firmly believe YOu determine all outcomes for the BEST.

Cleanse our hearts Oh Lord and forgive us for any sins we have committed knowingly and unknowingly. Have mercy on us and increase patience, love and mercy between our hearts Oh Lord. Give us direction and increase us in knowledge. Protect us from the evil eye and the Devil and his wisperings. We put full faith in you God. I leave this prayer in your hand and i have faith you will provide me with what is best. Ameen.

Please ensure that you are ina state of purity when praying and please go on your knees. cry if you want, cry all you want. God answers the prayers of the oppressed.

Beautiful prayer :Rose:

golden bronze

Father, you know what is needed here. Strengthen your daughter, and surround her with your holy spirit so that nothing may come against her faith in you. Father give her the wisdom and courage to act in the way you have asked her to.

In Jesus name

momi

Bless your heart - I know how it feels to be in a situation like this. Early in my marriage my husband and I dealt with similar situations (on both sides) because we had not created the necessary boundaries in our marriage. I praise God that he saw us through as He revealed to us His blueprint for marriage.

Heavenly Father, I ask you to rebuke any plans of the enemy to keep this family from being together. We know the enemy has plans to steal, kill and destroy, but we know that your plans are for the prosperity and health of this covenant marriage. We also proclaim in confidence that there is no person, place or thing that has dominion over you. Lord I ask that you reign supreme in their home and you heal this broken marriage. Show them your ways Lord, your word says that you are near to those who call on you in truth. We trust you to restore and bring healing to this marriage Lord.

In Jesus name - Amen.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

I am kind of leary asking for help from our present church because we are new and haven't officially become members yet. We have come a long way in this relationship from where we used to be but this is the only "dead branch" remaining

Something my priest said to me, he recommends counsel to people and sees a spiritual advisor himself. It makes for a well-rounded person. If you spoke to someone, you might get answers and would be shocked to know just how much they want to help people...but people are reluctant to seek the help.:yep: I would think that the dead branch has it's source all the way to the root of the tree. I will pray for you and yours but you must also be proactive in the situation. You might have to give him an ultimatum on his behavior. .:bighug:

Last edited:

Renaylor

Thank you for this prayer, as I am reading it I feel more peaceful. I know this is not going to be easy. I just have to keep on praying that this will work out for the best. All things work good for those who love God. I might not understand Gods reasons but he always knows what is best for his children.