Post pics of your Braid Out, Twist Out, Bantu Knot Out, etc.

Fine 4s

I'm not one to self promote...buuuut I do happen to have a YouTube vid on this very twist out. http://youtu.be/r5CyWUeuJeU HairPleezeGrow Thanks again!

U better self promote because I just subscribed! Doubt my twist out could look like yours though :sad: Your hair texture seems loser than my kinks. Beautiful beautiful texture you have my dear. I'm due for some new products soon so maybe I'll try the KCC and moisturizer. Does it smell good too? TeeBee

Pics:
1 & 2 - 2014
3 - 2011

Attachments

• image-849945576.jpg
    image-849945576.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 127
  • image-3391286464.jpg
    image-3391286464.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 135
  • image-2820271950.jpg
    image-2820271950.jpg
    495.2 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
U better self promote because I just subscribed! Doubt my twist out could look like yours though :sad: Your hair texture seems loser than my kinks. Beautiful beautiful texture you have my dear. I'm due for some new products soon so maybe I'll try the KCC and moisturizer. Does it smell good too? TeeBee

Pics:
1 & 2 - 2014
3 - 2011

Beautiful!!!

TeeBee

U better self promote because I just subscribed! Doubt my twist out could look like yours though :sad: Your hair texture seems loser than my kinks. Beautiful beautiful texture you have my dear. I'm due for some new products soon so maybe I'll try the KCC and moisturizer. Does it smell good too? TeeBee Pics: 1 & 2 - 2014 3 - 2011
Aww, thanks!! They both smell verrry good. Like vanilla!

TeeBee

I subbed! :yep: ETA: You just taught me a new technique. I will now start using diluted shampoo at the scalp only, and cowashing the length, at least a majority of the time. Thanks!
I hope it works out for you! This is by far, the best way to wash my hair.

BGT

I love braid outs!

Attachments

• image-1587856373.jpg
    image-1587856373.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 102
  • image-2163123172.jpg
    image-2163123172.jpg
    415.4 KB · Views: 97
  • image-1305569312.jpg
    image-1305569312.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 118

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
Twist out from last week.
I used giovanni sas + camille rose moisture milk + kccc

Beautiful! Even better in person :)
Not to be creepy, but my mom could not stop talking about how much hair you had the last time we visited your church lol. She was like, that cannot be real. I had to be like mom you gots to chill lol.
I am trying that product combo tonight-watery leave in, creamy styler, and light hold gel.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

TeeBee

Beautiful! Even better in person :) Not to be creepy, but my mom could not stop talking about how much hair you had the last time we visited your church lol. She was like, that cannot be real. I had to be like mom you gots to chill lol. I am trying that product combo tonight-watery leave in, creamy styler, and light hold gel. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
Thank you so much!! Your mom is too funny lol! Sometimes I can't believe all this hair is mine either.. Let me know how the combo works for you!

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
So I decided to only use one product that I am testing out-as I am naturally twist defining creme. I love it! I can tell I have some humidity protection but my hair is extremely soft.
Did a twist and curl because my hair is short and I like the look better than a twistout at this length.

image-3438604055.jpg

image-182432003.jpg

I am meh on it and very annoyed at the fact that my last flat iron session gave me heat damage but I can deal. Tempted to go baldie again...this was a year ago

image-1063447310.jpg

TeeBee

So I decided to only use one product that I am testing out-as I am naturally twist defining creme. I love it! I can tell I have some humidity protection but my hair is extremely soft. Did a twist and curl because my hair is short and I like the look better than a twistout at this length. I am meh on it and very annoyed at the fact that my last flat iron session gave me heat damage but I can deal. Tempted to go baldie again...this was a year ago Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
OmyGAWWWW!! Look how much your hair has grown! Your hair is adorable! You people and you small heads UGH. I would rock short hair in a heartbeat if my head wasn't so darn big.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
So I decided to only use one product that I am testing out-as I am naturally twist defining creme. I love it! I can tell I have some humidity protection but my hair is extremely soft.
Did a twist and curl because my hair is short and I like the look better than a twistout at this length.

I am meh on it and very annoyed at the fact that my last flat iron session gave me heat damage but I can deal. Tempted to go baldie again...this was a year ago

Very nice and lovely.

LaurenMechelle

Bantu knot outs are always really challenging for me, so I do a different version that I call bantu wraps - tutorial here

Last edited:

Adiatasha

I attempted Bantu knots with as I am twist defining cream with shea butter on my ends.
My hair was previously stretched from a failed twistout

Pic in the morning

LaurenMechelle

Is your hair naturally thick? I'm always watching your tuts (big fan!)and amazed at how thick your hair comes out! Do you attribute that to minimal products or is it just how your hair is?
If I were to grow out my natural texture, it would be similar to my dad & brother's hair - thick, slightly coarse, and very curly. When I relax my hair, I make sure not to over process so that I don't zap the life & body out. If I were to let my hair airdry, it gets huge! Instead, I try to manage the volume into a style that I like (haha). I also don't use a lot of products when blowdrying & don't apply products except for when I'm blowdrying to keep my hair from getting weighed down.

LaurenMechelle
I tried your Bantu wrap technique last night on dry hair. I sprayed each section with its a 10 keratin spray and moistened with a little water, wrapped up and bobby pinned each section. Probably would have been more comfortable with your scrunchies... I don't have any of those. Where do you get them? Anyway i usually blowdry and do two Bantu knots then hot roll my hair every 6-7 days or so. I'm always looking for less heat or no heat styles and I like big curls. I'm trying to grow out some crazy layers my (former) hairstylist gave me in Jan.
I just undid the wraps and fluffed it out in this pic. I really like the waves. I've tried Bantu knot outs but I'm so inconsistent with how they turn out. I will try this again on wash day. Thx for the tip!

Attachments

• image-1783723210.jpg
    image-1783723210.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 272

mshoneyfly

LaurenMechelle
This is sooo cute!! I have set with Bantu Knots before and I liked it but sometimes its a little too wavy and doesn't show the length well. I bookmarked your tut for the next time I wear my hair out! I totally get it! Wrap the length instead of twisting. Its simply genius!

I LOVE this HHJ!!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
LaurenMechelle
I tried your Bantu wrap technique last night on dry hair. I sprayed each section with its a 10 keratin spray and moistened with a little water, wrapped up and bobby pinned each section. Probably would have been more comfortable with your scrunchies... I don't have any of those. Where do you get them? Anyway i usually blowdry and do two Bantu knots then hot roll my hair every 6-7 days or so. I'm always looking for less heat or no heat styles and I like big curls. I'm trying to grow out some crazy layers my (former) hairstylist gave me in Jan.
I just undid the wraps and fluffed it out in this pic. I really like the waves. I've tried Bantu knot outs but I'm so inconsistent with how they turn out. I will try this again on wash day. Thx for the tip!

Very beautiful

LaurenMechelle

LaurenMechelle

Looks great!! :lick::lick:
I bought mine from my local beauty supply store - they're over by the beads & ribbons for little girls, and don't cost much... $1-3 for a pack of 6? Something like that

LaurenMechelle
This is sooo cute!! I have set with Bantu Knots before and I liked it but sometimes its a little too wavy and doesn't show the length well. I bookmarked your tut for the next time I wear my hair out! I totally get it! Wrap the length instead of twisting. Its simply genius!

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Thank you! I totally agree & have the same issues with bantu knots. Let me know how it goes =)