Ponytail Rollerset (Pics)

nyreeroberts1

Hey ladies, I am THE WORST when it comes to rollersetting, so I decided to give the ponytail rollerset a try today. I have no patience when it comes to doing my hair, so this method cuts my time in half. I used 4 ponytail holders and 16 rollers. I only need 1 clip for each, instead of the 2 I usually have to use doing it the traditional way. I pre-poo'd last night, shampooed with Creme of Nature Detangling Shampoo, and DC'd overnight with Queen Helene Super Cholesterol mixed with Coconut Oil. I rollerset with Salerm 21 and sat under the dryer for over an hour:(. I like how it came out, sans the crinkle the ponytail holders leave. I just flat iron those out. I am trying to limit my direct heat, so I only flat ironed the front and top. If your rollersetting skills are not up to par like mine, you should give this way a try:) HHG

Last edited:

Spiffy

Nice job. This is how I rollerset, but I use those little black rubber bands and cut them out carefully. The crinkle is pretty much nonexistent using those.

nyreeroberts1

Nice job. This is how I rollerset, but I use those little black rubber bands and cut them out carefully. The crinkle is pretty much nonexistent using those.
I need to get some of those ASAP:).......I used to use them to hold my Bantu Knots in place and cut them out. Thanks for the tip!