Ponytail Method ?

bollyhair

I'm just wondering how you all who do the ponytail method to dry your hair get it all straight. After I wash/condition my hair, I do put whatever product in it (Kemi Oyl Shea Butter Pomade, for the moment) and then slick it back into a ponytail. After it is dried, my hair that is combed back is definitely straight, but the ponytail part that is hanging is FRIZZY AS ALL GET-OUT!!! How do you get around that, or is the ponytail not supposed to be straight?

tc_333

I'm with you on this....The bottom half (or more) of my hair was relaxed with no-lye kiddie perms, which I used to lightly relax my hair. Now that I'm using lye and opting for a straighter look, my ends are quite frizzy compared to the rest of my hair. So far, it's working out that when I get my hair trimmed it's necessary to cut to about shoulder-length. So, I'm plannning to keep cutting periodically, but keeping my hair at it's current length -- until all the frizzy parts are gone.

Anyway, this keeps my hair from drying straight using the pony-tail method. Once, I did use the large snap on magnetic rollers to curl the ends of my wet hair while air-drying in pony tails. I think that helped....it was soooo long ago!

So, I would also like to know if there the best way to do this method of air-drying so that my frizzy ends dry straight.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
It took me the longest time to figure this out when I was new too.

I put on one of the those huge magnetic rollers on the end. This makes the hair in the ponytail dry straight. I have also use a couple of those satin covered sponge rollers (with and end papaer of course)in the large size on the end. Once my hair is about 90% dry I wrap it and put a scarf on it so that it drys straight.

Hope this helps!

bocagirl

I airdry in a ponytail and have no frizzing. I apply my leave in and serum and then put hair in a ponytail, then I take the ponytail and add a little more serum to it and let it airdry.

WHen its dry its just nice and straight, no frizzing.