Pomade for hair ends

BlkMane

This winter has been very cold in NYC...I've been experiencing some end snapping and dryness.

I want to ask you all what do you recommend for daily application to my hair ends to decrease breakage?

Currently, I have:

- Kiehl's Silk Groom
- Jojoba OIl (but too oily for everyday)
- Africa's Best Hair Mayo Liquid Leave-in (almost out of this)
-Africa's Best Tea Tree Gro Light Hairdress Pomade

I've been using the Hair Mayo or Tea Tree Pomade or CD Hair Milk (just ran out) pretty consistently, but I still have dry ends.

I'm thinking maybe these aren't the best products for this purpose.

I was considering buying the S Curl No-Drip Activator that Adrienne raved about, but I'm scared because I've tried that other brand that comes in the gold bottle and it just made my hair greasy and hard.

I also have been considering getting the Profectiv Anti-Breakage (?) pomade.

Today, I also saw this Castor Oil Moisturizing lotion that looked good (pink and white bottle)...forgot which brand.

Or should I just use up what I have? I haven't used Kiehl's consistently (on a daily basis) in a while, maybe that will be sufficient? I want to buy something tomorrow.

Please help!

londongirl3

To the relaxed ends of my hair, and when my hair was relaxed, I lovedddddddddd the dark and lovely hair lotion. It has a wet look initially but drys out and leaves the hair beautifully soft. I used it on ends only to avoid product build up on my scalp.

I wouldn't recommend the no bees wax formula for colored hair because it would always come out oily.

Paris Belle

I use Motions Oil Moisturizer Cream (Lite) or Africa's Best/Royal (forget which one) Carrot Oil Cream...Both work well for me. But try that Kiehl's Silk Groom first. Sometimes we forget what we have in our own closets. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I don't know if you do this already, or are opposed to it, but greasing the scalp works also. It doesn't have to be done heavily or with a heavy grease, but it also helps. It works because it moisturizes the scalp and travels down the hair shaft. It can cut down on the dryness, but your ends will still need extra care. Just a suggestion.

Peacesteem

I've had this problem also here are some suggestions

You don't have to use S-curl there is Right on curl lotion or dudley curl lotion for jerri curls. Most of these products are ideal for dry hair because the jerri curl process is veeeery drying. Also, if you look at most of the ingredients in jerri curl product creams and activators there is no lanolin or mineral oil,

I use this routine daily spray the ends with infusuim 23 leave in either the moistorizor or the one for dry/unmanabalbe hair. Next, I slab on some shea butter on the ends or shea butter mixed with cocconut oil. I also do the no poo every three to four days. I twist the ends that have been covered in shea butter into a (small) bun. Drink plenty of water!

Peace and Blessings

Allandra

Blkmane,

Right now, my hair is really loving Aura Humectant Pomade (Wow, talk about moisture!). It does a fantastic job at moisturizing my hair. I haven't even touched my Kiehl's Crème with Silk Groom since I purchased this. I bought it from Sally Beauty Supply. HTH.

hairfanatic

Allandra,

Does the pomade have mineral oil in it? I may want to try it because I need more moisture on my ends but anything with mineral oil seems to break me out.

Robin41

I like Adrienne's suggestion of S-curl activator but I use it with either WonderGro Shea Butter or Ultra Sheen creme satin-pres to seal in the activator. I use this on my ends almost every day under a drawstring ponytail and I never have problems with any type of damage to my ends.

Tracy

I think the key to taking care of dry ends is to use something with water/glycerin and then oil (or a combo of the these in one product) in order to actually raise themositure content of the hair and then seal the strands so that the mositure you put in doesn't escape.

I also think longer term, mositurizing from the inside out with Essential Fatty Acids, if you aren't adverse to supps. can help and can stop you from having to deal with dry ends so often. It's a proactive, rather than a reactive approach.

Good luck woman! /images/graemlins/grin.gif It has been freezing! Brrr!