Please Help! Something Strange Is Happening To My Hair!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Okay, for those who know my story, u know my hair is what I call texlaxed....relaxed and texturized.... Anyhow, since being chopped by a stylist, I can only wear my hair gel and slicked back. It's the only way I know how to style it. It was extremely hot at my job, so I wet my hair. All of a sudden, my hair got curly and everyone was like whoa, what's in your hair? :eek: I actually hate the way it is now, because I can't do anything with it, other than the gel and slick. I can't believe so many people complimented me on it. My hair only started to do this after my stylist cut it. I hate it because only the front of my hair curls. The rest is strait. Can u guys give me any tips on what to do with my hair? I don't know how to style it and I'm determined to wait at least one month or more if I can hold off without relaxing. PLease help! :crying3:

How long is your hair?

How long did it used to be before you cut it?

I'm assuming your hair is short since I see "Big chop" in your signature. Why don't you try a style like Halle Berry or even ANTM Eva the Diva. :yep:

My hair was 9.5" until I went to the stylist. She cut off 2.5" off and left me w/ 7". My sides have grown to 8" now thanx to the mtg and stinky challenge. My hair seems so much shorter than that when it's dry. It shrinks up to like 3" or something. :confused: I don't know what to do with this hair anymore. It seems too short to any braid or twist style. Any help will be appreciated.

7 inches isnt too short to braid or twist....it will be harder to do and make it look good if u let it shrink up tho...

Natrlchallenge said:
My hair was 9.5" until I went to the stylist. She cut off 2.5" off and left me w/ 7". My sides have grown to 8" now thanx to the mtg and stinky challenge. My hair seems so much shorter than that when it's dry. It shrinks up to like 3" or something. :confused: I don't know what to do with this hair anymore. It seems too short to any braid or twist style. Any help will be appreciated.
If it's 7 inches long, how is it too short to do braids or twist? Are you equating "too short" with "it looks short from shrinkage"?
Why don't you just wear braid or twist extensions or wear a wig or fall while you grow out your hair so you don't have to worry about it...that's if you don't mind wearing fake hair.

I say it's too short IMHO. I refuse to go back to another stylist and have them kill my hair. I want to learn how to do it myself to avoid paying 80$ or more to destroy my hair. I tried a bit of twisting and I think I can do small ones. My Q to the experts, do I have to add gel or another product on my hair to make the twists stay? How do I part it to make it look cute. Auugh! So many questions, sorry guys! i need all the help I can get! I will let u know how my progress is going. Thanx ya'll! :wave:

My hair was about that length (natural and later texturized) when I first wore twists. I didn't use any gel or anything to make them stay. The ends twisted around themselves and held on their own. I just grabbed some hair and twisted it. I didn't physically try to make parts with a comb or anything. My thick hair covered the parts anyway. I used to keep a spray bottle next to me to spritz when my hair started to get too dry (because it took forever). :) Give it a try and make a few to see what happens. :)

I wish I'd made the spray bottle mixture that I started using after texturizing when I was natural. I'd probably still be natural.

my hair is only 7" or so and I just put in a rollerset or a flexirod set and then wrap it.

Last edited:
I don't think my hair is 7 inches as yet. At least I don't have a ruler to measure it but I attempted to plait my hair and I was surprised that I could plait my whole head. I thought it was too short to plait but I guess I was wrong and I have been doing this for the past two weeks now but I wear a wig for the entire week until it's time to wash my hair again. I have pics of my hair in plaits in my album. After I wash my hair, I wait until my hair airdries and then I use Myhoneychild honey hair creme, Oyins shine and define serum and Qhemet Biologics honeybush tea hair soft hold gel on my ends as a plait my entire hair.

Give it a try and see how it works for you. You could also get some braids, extensions or wear a wig to give your hair a break until you gain alot of new growth before your next schedule texturizer.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL!!!Your texturized hair is gorgeous, i like the way it looks very natural. Makes me wish i didn't go back for a corrective last February 2004.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
I don't think my hair is 7 inches as yet. At least I don't have a ruler to measure it but I attempted to plait my hair and I was surprised that I could plait my whole head. I thought it was too short to plait but I guess I was wrong and I have been doing this for the past two weeks now but I wear a wig for the entire week until it's time to wash my hair again. I have pics of my hair in plaits in my album. After I wash my hair, I wait until my hair airdries and then I use Myhoneychild honey hair creme, Oyins shine and define serum and Qhemet Biologics honeybush tea hair soft hold gel on my ends as a plait my entire hair.

Give it a try and see how it works for you. You could also get some braids, extensions or wear a wig to give your hair a break until you gain alot of new growth before your next schedule texturizer.

den1 said:
CLASSYEBONYGIRL!!!Your texturized hair is gorgeous, i like the way it looks very natural. Makes me wish i didn't go back for a corrective last February 2004.

Aww Den1!!:wave: Thank you!! :kiss::Blush2:I never knew that I would ever get a compliment on my hair:shocked::yay::lol:. I am extremely flattered:blush:. I thought my hair was very overprocessed but I guess it's not:ohwell:. I plan on letting it grow out until it's 6 months then I will texturize my hair again. I know your hair will have lots of new growth in no time and it will look natural again. I love:love: your hair too. It's absolutely gorgeous:yep::notworthy. Keep up the good work!!:antlers::cheers:

bajanplums1 said:
my hair is only 7" or so and I just put in a rollerset or a flexirod set and then wrap it.

Can u tell me what size flexirods you used to rollerset your hair? My hair won't wrap smoothly no matter how hard I try. That's because my wave pattern is very strong in the middle. My hair is a relaxed,texturized mix that refuses to get stait. Any more styling tips, ya'll? :ohwell:

Aww thank-you ximenia, it was five inches longer the other day, but i cut it, so i can speed up my transition.

ximenia said:
Wow Den1, I love your hair. Looks long and very pretty.

Honestly, your hair is really nice, just space out your texturizers at six months intervals, and the textures will remain even. Thanks for the compliments.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
Aww Den1!!:wave: Thank you!! :kiss::Blush2:I never knew that I would ever get a compliment on my hair:shocked::yay::lol:. I am extremely flattered:blush:. I thought my hair was very overprocessed but I guess it's not:ohwell:. I plan on letting it grow out until it's 6 months then I will texturize my hair again. I know your hair will have lots of new growth in no time and it will look natural again. I love:love: your hair too. It's absolutely gorgeous:yep::notworthy. Keep up the good work!!:antlers::cheers:

Natrlchallenge said:
Can u tell me what size flexirods you used to rollerset your hair? My hair won't wrap smoothly no matter how hard I try. That's because my wave pattern is very strong in the middle. My hair is a relaxed,texturized mix that refuses to get stait. Any more styling tips, ya'll? :ohwell:
Do you have any dominican salons in your town???

No dominican salons in my area and boy, do I miss the area I'm from originally, bc there was a dom. salon every 2 blocks! :lol: Anyhow, I think the reason why my hair is so hard to relax is the mtg and stinky challenge. I'm not mad at it, I'm trying my hardest to keep the progress on my hair. It's my inability to care properly for my hair that I'm mad at. I don't know how to braid or twist to save my life. It's my dream to eventually go natural, but relaxed hair, for me, is easier to care for. Can anyone send me any braiding for dummies tips? :lol: Please help! Den, you're the braid queen. help a sista out!

Natrlchallenge said:

I use the red ones. When my hair was underprocessed, I found that combing through qp elasta recovery or mango butter would make it more pliable, I would comb it straight and then roll with tension.

Back