(((((Please enlighten me)))))....

Mommy's girls

I just spoke with a friend that stated she was going to a meeting tonight at this church where they'll be taught how to activate their gifts of prophecy.
I of course asked how that is done, and she stated that they "just speak into each others life until they truly know that the words are coming from God and not just off the top of their head". So I asked you all just gather together to prophecy to each other- example God said such and such... Until you know in your spiirt that the words are coming from God. She said kind of.
Has anyone ever heard of this and if so can you enlighten me?

golden bronze

I've never heard of this, but prophecy is a gift that the Lord can give to some. I'm cautious about people speaking into the lives of others, not because I don't believe it can be done, but because of someone is not spiritually grounded they could be open to the influence of "others". When I hear a word from the Lord about someone, I try to ask for confirmation, and then I compare it to the word, and make sure it is not in conflict with the word, and then I usually ask the person to seek confirmation.

PaperClip

Grace and peace....

The Bible says in Romans 11:29 the following: "For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance."

Just with any gift or talent (naturally or spiritually speaking), one must receive training on how to "work" it, understand protocol, etc. There are several examples in the Bible of mentor/mentee-type relationships, e.g., Moses and Joshua, Elijah and Elisha, to name two.

Elijah and Elisha are very suitable examples in this case, as they were both prophes. Elijah taught Elisha. They both (along with Samuel) were part of the School of the Prophets, a place of training to do what? Prophesy!

Consider this: 1 Samuel 19: 19-20 Saul was told, "David's at Naioth in Ramah." He immediately sent his men to capture him. They saw a band of prophets prophesying with Samuel presiding over them. Before they knew it, the Spirit of God was on them, too, and they were ranting and raving right along with the prophets!

See? Even though Saul was not a prophet, once he came into the company of prophets, he began to prophesy as well! That's power! That also says that the true prophetic anointing of the Lord has to be in the place in order for this to occur. Hopefully there is at least one true prophet in the midst of your friend's training situation that can rightfully divide the Word and provide clear, solid, biblically-based instruction concerning the prophetic.

My church has had classes on prophecy before, for those who have the prophetic gift and need to understand how it works, how it operates, its purposes, what's in order, what's OUT of order, etc. These same classes are also for anyone who is curious about the prophetic gift or who may have received a prophetic word and need to know how to "handle" the word wisely....

I hope this helps.... If you have more questions or need clarity, please advise....

Mommy's girls

I've never heard of this, but prophecy is a gift that the Lord can give to some. I'm cautious about people speaking into the lives of others, not because I don't believe it can be done, but because of someone is not spiritually grounded they could be open to the influence of "others". When I hear a word from the Lord about someone, I try to ask for confirmation, and then I compare it to the word, and make sure it is not in conflict with the word, and then I usually ask the person to seek confirmation.

Thanks for your reply. This is what I thought also.

Mommy's girls

Grace and peace....

The Bible says in Romans 11:29 the following: "For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance."

Just with any gift or talent (naturally or spiritually speaking), one must receive training on how to "work" it, understand protocol, etc. There are several examples in the Bible of mentor/mentee-type relationships, e.g., Moses and Joshua, Elijah and Elisha, to name two.

Elijah and Elisha are very suitable examples in this case, as they were both prophes. Elijah taught Elisha. They both (along with Samuel) were part of the School of the Prophets, a place of training to do what? Prophesy!

Consider this: 1 Samuel 19: 19-20 Saul was told, "David's at Naioth in Ramah." He immediately sent his men to capture him. They saw a band of prophets prophesying with Samuel presiding over them. Before they knew it, the Spirit of God was on them, too, and they were ranting and raving right along with the prophets!

See? Even though Saul was not a prophet, once he came into the company of prophets, he began to prophesy as well! That's power! That also says that the true prophetic anointing of the Lord has to be in the place in order for this to occur. Hopefully there is at least one true prophet in the midst of your friend's training situation that can rightfully divide the Word and provide clear, solid, biblically-based instruction concerning the prophetic.

My church has had classes on prophecy before, for those who have the prophetic gift and need to understand how it works, how it operates, its purposes, what's in order, what's OUT of order, etc. These same classes are also for anyone who is curious about the prophetic gift or who may have received a prophetic word and need to know how to "handle" the word wisely....

I hope this helps.... If you have more questions or need clarity, please advise....

Wow! I have never heard of such. Thank you for the food for thought.

PaperClip

Wow! I have never heard of such. Thank you for the food for thought.

Glad to provoke thought....

I'd like to add for clarification: simply, God is sovereign, yes? So He has all authority to drop a gift on somebody and can directly cultivate that gift, as the person yields to the Lord's leading.... so when I say learn to "work" it, that still applies. The Lord does not send/use us without equipping us....

Per the point about speaking into somebody's life re. prophecy, that's so true to be careful because the Lord WILL hold a person accountable who claims to be a prophet (God's mouthpiece, essentially) and then say something... if a person is not careful, such a "word" can cause a wreck in that person's life...and God don't play (excuse the ebonics) with people messing with His sheep, especially in His name, if you will.... The prophetic is serious... serious benefits and serious consequences....

Some people think the prophetic is so glamorous.... Let me tell ya: :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono: NOT AT ALL!!!! Look at the prophets of the Bible, esp. the major ones: Jeremiah, Isaiah, for example.... their lives weren't glamorous at all....

Maybe this clarification was unnecessary but I thought/hope it would be helpful to add....

Mommy's girls

Glad to provoke thought....

I'd like to add for clarification: simply, God is sovereign, yes? So He has all authority to drop a gift on somebody and can directly cultivate that gift, as the person yields to the Lord's leading.... so when I say learn to "work" it, that still applies. The Lord does not send/use us without equipping us....

Per the point about speaking into somebody's life re. prophecy, that's so true to be careful because the Lord WILL hold a person accountable who claims to be a prophet (God's mouthpiece, essentially) and then say something... if a person is not careful, such a "word" can cause a wreck in that person's life...and God don't play (excuse the ebonics) with people messing with His sheep, especially in His name, if you will.... The prophetic is serious... serious benefits and serious consequences....

Some people think the prophetic is so glamorous.... Let me tell ya: :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono: NOT AT ALL!!!! Look at the prophets of the Bible, esp. the major ones: Jeremiah, Isaiah, for example.... their lives weren't glamorous at all....

Maybe this clarification was unnecessary but I thought/hope it would be helpful to add....

Thanks again-- You must have sensed that "okay makes sense to me but i'm not quite understanding" vibe coming from me. I do appreciate your taking the time to help me gain clarity. You really have equipped me with a lot of info.

PaperClip

Thanks again-- You must have sensed that "okay makes sense to me but i'm not quite understanding" vibe coming from me. I do appreciate your taking the time to help me gain clarity. You really have equipped me with a lot of info.

Amen... please, continue to ask questions.... Let the Holy Spirit use me to respond wisely....

The other piece that's kind of nagging on me to say is that I recognize that in this very trying time in the Kingdom, that the prophetic is so delicate, so powerful, so easy to be "tainted", if you will, to be misused...to be used as a form of manipulation.... And for those that are misusing the gift, using it for profit in any form or fashion, will have to answer to the Lord for that....

The prophetic has to be pure.... I do know that at the end of it all, the pure things of the Lord prevails....