What do you think about celibacy? what does the word say?

Precious_1

I was just wanting some of you to let me know your thoughts on celibacy. for some reason this keeps coming up in my spirit and its always there. I was wondering if any of you know any passages from the bible that spoke on this? There was a guy I really liked and I asked him would he give up sex for god and he told me he honestly could not do it, it would be hard. Mind you, i thought he was such a man of god. I could not believe this came out of his mouth. I said "you told me you were praying for a good wife and yet you could not do it for god?" I said, I think the relationship would be more blessed if god was 1st and the relationship 2nd. am I naive to think there maybe a man out there that will agree with me on this? *sigh*

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Precious_1 said:
I was just wanting some of you to let me know your thoughts on celibacy. for some reason this keeps coming up in my spirit and its always there. I was wondering if any of you know any passages from the bible that spoke on this?
Hi Precious1...

Celibacy, is abstaining from sexual intercourse.

In marriage, a couple may abstain from sex for reasons of illness, advanced or challenged pregnancy; some due to a special agreed time of prayer and fasting; or it may happen due to conditions such as when a married couple is geographically apart from each other (such as when one's spouse is away in the military). In these instances a married couple honors their marriage by remaining celibate. Sex is not sought outside of their marriage union.

I said the above for a reason. For sex belongs only between husband and wife. Outside of that, anyone unmarried must remain celibate otherwise it is sin. Sexual intercourse outside of the marriage union is called 'fornication.' The Bible is very clear that we are not to partake in the act of such.

Here are some scriptures for you...

I Corinthians 6:13 and 18:

13. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.

18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

Ephesians 5:3:

3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;

I Thessalonians 4:3:

3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication.

There are no gray areas here. Celibate means celibate which includes abtaining from any act of sex such as oral, masturbation, and the actual act itsself.

For an unmarried man or woman, living a celibate life is a treasure. For you are saving yourself for a special moment when married that you can lovingly say to your husband,

"In all the time I've waited and in all the time you've searched for me...there's been no one before you...not even me."

How I feel about Celibacy is answered by 24 years of my life, I have chosen to be celibate, while many laugh and jeer, in my heart I can cheer. Many challenges I've had and opportunities to give in; instead I have the joy of knowing I gave it all to Him...Jesus.

In answer to your question...you are not naive to believe there is a real man who believes as you do.

Yes, there are several men who have chosen to wait until marriage;

Yes, there are wonderful men who have chosen to make love to the woman he chose to marry as opposed to having sex with no intentions of any committment further.

The men are there and I've learned to believe God and just trust Him in this; not just for me but for those whom I pray for each day.

Don't be discouraged. Though it's easily said than done, don't be discouraged.

God bless you, angel. ;)

Last edited:

star

Your friend is right it is hard for him to do it but with God's help all things are possible. I have been celiabate for very long time and each day it gets better as long as you stay close and is doing it for Jesus. Read the scriptures given by Shimmie and tell you friend. Remember a man's no.1 need is getting his ego struck and no. 2 without question is SEX. For a man God is infused in both of things but that does not take away the need but God helps him to control it and/or substain himself.

Last edited:

Precious_1

Thank you ladies for your responses, I talked to my friend again and he waited a day before he talked to me again and then he texted me and said he knows that god would be pleased and I have been the only woman to ever have such a strong spirtual connection with him. Problem is he see's that and he's running away. oh well. i just pray the lord will send the right one.

Last edited:

ritzbitz78

Hi Precious,

Obey God, and He will bless you with the right one.

The promises in the Bible regarding blessings tend to be conditional upon our obedience.

God is bound by His Word.

The story of Elijah is inspiring...
There was a point in his life that he was running from Queen Jezebel because she was trying to kill him, because he obeyed God and she wasn't (your obedience is covicting in other people's lives)
Elijah cried out to God and complained "there is no one else in all of Israel you follows you God. I am the only one, poor, lonely me. (music of a violin plays in background as a grand pity party ensues)"

But God answered him and said "7000 have not bowed their knee to idols and worship me, snap out of it Elijah!"

(The story is found in 1 Kings 19)
In the same way there are 7000 men who are celibate and honor and obey God for every pity party your throw...

Now I haven't counted all 7000, and I don't know if the number is literal, but the point is, God has his men out there... and if you are obedient to him, He may just give you 1 out of those 7000, just for you:)

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
ritzbitz78 said:
Hi Precious,

The promises in the Bible regarding blessings tend to be conditional upon our obedience.

There was a point in his life that he was running from Queen Jezebel because she was trying to kill him, because he obeyed God and she wasn't (your obedience is covicting in other people's lives)
Elijah cried out to God and complained "there is no one else in all of Israel you follows you God. I am the only one, poor, lonely me. (music of a violin plays in background as a grand pity party ensues)"

But God answered him and said "7000 have not bowed their knee to idols and worship me, snap out of it Elijah!"

In the same way there are 7000 men who are celibate and honor and obey God for every pity party your throw...

Now I haven't counted all 7000, and I don't know if the number is literal, but the point is, God has his men out there... and if you are obedient to him, He may just give you 1 out of those 7000, just for you:)

I LOVE this! Ritzblitz, you are awesome! ;) And if you've ever read any of my 'singles' threads, Elijah was one of the paralells that the Lord gave me to use.

The word of God does not play....it has one meaning yet applies to all that pertains to our lives.

I'm over here dancing with a shout. :yay:

God bless you for sharing this powerful word. ;)

Precious_1

ritzbitz78 said:
Hi Precious,

Ritz, thank you, thank you, how inspiring, thanks for your reply and telling me the word. you and shimmie are the best! I will stay upbeat, and yes hopefully god will send me one of those men

Precious_1

I am bumping this thread for RelaxerRehab, Shimmie Ritzbitz and Star gave some wonderful advice to me in this thread, maybe this will help or inspire you.

Naijaqueen

The right guy will wait, pray, confess, claim and wait for God, while you are waiting for Him, worship Him, and He'll bless you in many ways.
Also remember celibacy is more than you doing it for yourself or him, you are doing it for God, and when He has blessed u in so many ways, its only right that you do right by Him.
Resist the devil, and he'll flee from you, resist temptation, meaning do everything to make sure u both arent put in a compromising situation. Some think as long as they arent doing the act but are doing everything leading up to it, thats being celibate. Maybe in the worldly sense, but not so with God. The right man will understand because God will touch him within and He'll see God's glory in you, and will not want to mess it up

Precious_1

Naijaqueen said:
The right guy will wait, pray, confess, claim and wait for God, while you are waiting for Him, worship Him, and He'll bless you in many ways.
Also remember celibacy is more than you doing it for yourself or him, you are doing it for God, and when He has blessed u in so many ways, its only right that you do right by Him.
Resist the devil, and he'll flee from you, resist temptation, meaning do everything to make sure u both arent put in a compromising situation. Some think as long as they arent doing the act but are doing everything leading up to it, thats being celibate. Maybe in the worldly sense, but not so with God. The right man will understand because God will touch him within and He'll see God's glory in you, and will not want to mess it up

Thank you Naijaqueen, I never thought of it like this, I sincerely hope that this is the way it happens for me. I have been through so much, the person i thought god had sent told me he couldnt give up sex, so that devasted me but i am still praying and confessing god sends me the right one.

PaperClip

Precious_1 said:
I am bumping this thread for RelaxerRehab, Shimmie Ritzbitz and Star gave some wonderful advice to me in this thread, maybe this will help or inspire you.

Awww... thank you for thinking of me.... I sincerely appreciate it....:)