PLEASE don't shoot! What is the difference between a twistout and a braidout?

freshlikemoi

Hey sistas...I have tried a braidout before with my weave and the hair left out and I loved it. But I have also been hearing about a twist out method for protective styling also. What are the differences between the two? Twistout & Braidout? Do twistouts give you loser waves? My braidout was really tight and curly opposed to wavy.

Also, can anyone post how they do their twistouts?

freshlikemoi

Below is a link to my Fotki. I have a twist out pic in it. Twistouts and Braid outs achieve the same result but are different. I wear my hair in twists and then unravel the twists to give it more of a wild effect.

I use to wear braid outs when I was relaxed. It appeared more wavier.

http://public.fotki.com/Countrygal75/2008-hair-progress/

Thanx so much for the link to your fotki. :yep: I'm excited. Because I am getting a curly weave but I want my hair to match the soft waves of the extensions....Thanx again.

fluffylocks

I never knew the difference either i thought the braidout was just easier with the same result......

So How do you keep a twistout from unraveling (Was you wondering that too Fresh?)

(And, little offtopic) ---Why does everyone put rollers on the ends of their braidouts? Should you do it on twistouts to?

Country gal

I am not sure what you mean by unraveling. I let the style go for a couple of days and will re twist at night and untwist to get it more definition.

prospurr4

I never knew the difference either i thought the braidout was just easier with the same result......

So How do you keep a twistout from unraveling (Was you wondering that too Fresh?)

(And, little offtopic) ---Why does everyone put rollers on the ends of their braidouts? Should you do it on twistouts to?

Regarding the areas in bold, I normally do twistouts. I put a small roller w/cover on the ends so that they will have a nice curl instead of being straight. The roller also prevents unraveling. The same would be true for braidouts.

freshlikemoi

Regarding the areas in bold, I normally do twistouts. I put a small roller w/cover on the ends so that they will have a nice curl instead of being straight. The roller also prevents unraveling. The same would be true for braidouts.

Absolutely great idea, to put the rollers at the end. I can't wait to try it next week.

TLC1020

My braidouts have tight waves, I'm going to try the twistout to see the difference between the two.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
braids give a crimp effect and twsis give a wavy curl effect. the look can differ from the size of the braids or twists too.

Isis

Twistouts use two-strands of hair. Braidouts use three-strands to make the braid/plait. Braidouts can be tight and curly, as mentioned, or loose and wavy, depending on one's technique. I prefer loose and wavy, so I make my braids on hair already dried. :)