TWISTOUT/BRAIDOUT/BUN CONTEST: Just for fun, post pics

Kneechay

I know lots of women on here do protective styles, and I've noticed more women are looking for cute ways to go about doing them. I wanted to add a fun twist to it by getting you ladies to post your favorite bun or braidout/twistout looks from now until Nov 4th (GO OBAMA!!) and we can pick a winner. Prize is bragging rights, (hey, we're in a recession). Also, with this, the ladies who want ideas can get them. It's not just the hair, it's the overall style, accessories, clothes etc. I guess I'll start

twistout.jpg

(me, on the right looking at the rong camera I think)

let's see your hair ladies!

It might be the "contest" angle that's making people a little shy. :) But anyway my favorite twist outs are these (click for big pic):

and

Who will be the judges and I think the contest might need to be categorized according to "type".

Who will be the judges and I think the contest might need to be categorized according to "type".

I was hoping the judges would be the other ladies in LHCF, where they pick which ones they like the most. In regards to hair type, I see what you mean, but a style is cute no matter what, and I feel like the type shouldn't really be a big consideration.

It might be the "contest" angle that's making people a little shy. :) But anyway my favorite twist outs are these (click for big pic):

and

you're probably right, I wonder if i can edit the post name. By the way, your twists look beautiful!

Can we all just judge which ones we favor by clicking on the Thanks button under the fav poster? The ones with the most amount of 'Thanks' wins that category? If we do it this way, I think we'll have to post each category separately. (just an idea)

Buns (I don't have anything else) lol

Last edited:
Good idea, Ediese. :yep:

Do bantu knot sets count? They're similar to twist-outs. Anyway, that is my entry. :yep:

Attachments

• bantus.jpg
    bantus.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 94
Thank you! I have been wanting to my wave my hair like that but I couldn't figure out which rods to use. Now I know I don't need them

No problem! I REALLY love bantus. I hadn't done them in a while and have recently gotten back into them. When you do them on dry hair they give your hair really nice subtle bouncy waves. I'm going to have to remember to take a picture of that the next time I do it and submit that as well. :yep:

Good idea, Ediese. :yep:

Do bantu knot sets count? They're similar to twist-outs. Anyway, that is my entry. :yep:

Yup, we'll make em count, they're similar styles. I'm at work here not paying attention to my clients and falling in love with the gorgeous hair you ladies are working with. Beautiful buns, Ediese!

excuse the ligting of the pic I tried to brigthen it so you could see the texture of the braidout...If i didnt do that, it would look like one of my plain ol regular wash n goes:lachen: This is the 1st time in 5 years I attempted a braidout:look:.

Attachments

• ayeshiahhh.jpg
    ayeshiahhh.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 84
I guess this would be one of my favorite twist-outs.....

Attachments

• April08006-vi.jpg
    April08006-vi.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 53
this is really pretty:yep: I also like your ponytail. Im one of the very few people who actually dont care for super sleek ponyatil and edges.

Thanks! I try to only make it sleek if I'm wearing a bun that calls for it. Otherwise, I wear the bantu knot out pony like that and it looks more natural. I know what you mean though because my sister doesn't like to see any 'nappiness'.:spinning:

I forgot to post this one with my braidout and when I tried to edit for some reason the pic wouldn't show up. So here's my twist on a bun:

ponytailwithhairclippedup001-vi.jpg

ponytailwithhairclippedup002-vi.jpg

Back