Pin Curls 101- Need help

Country gal

I want to perfect doing pin curls. I currently do pin curls to maintain my straighten hair. I am natural. I use metal double prongs versus the plastic since it helps it stay in place. What has worked for you ladies? Any tutorials will be helpful.

Country gal

I have just recently incorporated pin curls in my regi, and I love it. I don't like tight curls, so I only do 4 large ones and I get nice waves. I don't know if you saw my thread, but here it is: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=372781&highlight=

I use the plastic prongs because I'm afraid of the metal ones on my fragile hair. It holds my hair nicely:yep:

HTH somewhat!

I saw this thread. You did a good job. I guess with practice I will perfect it. I still have a hard time with wrapping hair.

aero21

I have just recently incorporated pin curls in my regi, and I love it. I don't like tight curls, so I only do 4 large ones and I get nice waves. I don't know if you saw my thread, but here it is: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=372781&highlight=

I use the plastic prongs because I'm afraid of the metal ones on my fragile hair. It holds my hair nicely:yep:

HTH somewhat!
your pincurls did come out nice...but ur eyeshadow was very pretty what brand/color is it?

Miamori

Hi Country gal. :)

I always refer people to gissellr78's fotki.

My technique is a bit different, though. I actually took some pics of a brief pincurl tutorial (more like a series of pin curling tips) and I will post the pictures in a few moments, because I am uploading the pictures now.

Even though my hair is up, I will also take my hair down and take a couple pictures to show how it would come out, though my hair looks a bit looser 10-15 minutes after take down, but stays just about like that (without falling more) for the rest of the day.

When I want straighter hair, I do big loops, in a barrel style, similar to gissellr78's or Nice & Wavy's but I keep the loop on the ends of my hair loose, to keep it from curling under as much. By the time it falls, it is straighter, but still has body. Usually though, I pin curl my hair the way I have posted in the pictures, with slight variations depending on the directions I want my hair to fall in, etc.

I am not sure which specific amount of body/curl or straightness you are going for.

((Okay, now that I've set this post up, I will come back and post pictures.))

gissellr78

And a big tip is that the hair should be free of products so it curls better after you blow it out or flat iron.....or a very lightttttttttttt serum