Phyto and Henna

cherryhair123

Just noticed under Phytospecifics faq's it said don't use Phyto on hair that has been treated with henna. Has anyone done this? I hope they are not talking about body art quality henna.:confused:

la flaca

cherryhair123 said:
Just noticed under Phytospecifics faq's it said don't use Phyto on hair that has been treated with henna. Has anyone done this? I hope they are not talking about body art quality henna.:confused:

Bump for Cherry:)

You know what:confused:, I am gonna get a touch up in two months and I must confess I am affraid something could happen to my hair after Henna. I did use BAQ so, let's see what the ladies have to say about this.

JLove74

I'm a Phyto and Henna user. My last relaxer was in November and I did a henna treatment 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after with no adverse reactions. If I'm not mistaken Sareca also uses Phyto, henna and indigo.

Actually, most relaxers will tell you not to use henna. As long as you stick with BAQ and DC, you will be fine :)

la flaca

JLove74 said:
I'm a Phyto and Henna user. My last relaxer was in November and I did a henna treatment 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after with no adverse reactions. If I'm not mistaken Sareca also uses Phyto, henna and indigo.

Actually, most relaxers will tell you not to use henna. As long as you stick with BAQ and DC, you will be fine :)

Do you self-relax?

I would like to hear from people going to get there hair done. Does it feel different to your stylist? hard/streachy.

Last edited:

sareca

JLove74 said:

What she said!

cherryhair123

Thanks ladies!
I feel ok now about getting my first phyto next week at the salon (about 10 days post henna and 16 weeks post-relaxer).:)

JLove74

la flaca said:
Do you self-relax?

I would like to hear from people going to get there hair done. Does it feel different to your stylist? hard/streachy.

I self relax and get professional touch-ups (just depends on how I feel). Are you going to tell the stylist that you henna? I ask because my friend told the stylist she'd used indigo and henna, he wouldn't put the relaxer in. Telling her it would cause her hair to fall out or damage to her scalp.

la flaca

JLove74 said:
I self relax and get professional touch-ups (just depends on how I feel). Are you going to tell the stylist that you henna? I ask because my friend told the stylist she'd used indigo and henna, he wouldn't put the relaxer in. Telling her it would cause her hair to fall out or damage to her scalp.

Shoot!!! so, I don't know what to do:eek: