USING PHYTO 1 OR 2 RELAXER AND HENNA--HOW DOES THAT WORK?

Aspasia

Hello everyone,

I really wanted to hear opinions on the issue of how using Phyto relaxer 1 can affect Henna. I just ordered my brown batch of Henna from Henna Sooq, so we are talking body quality henna and indigo.

Phyto's web site says not to use Henna with their relaxer, however compound Henna may be why they have this disclosure. I called their office and the girl who answered could not comment between compound Henna and body Henna.

Now I know that many are using relaxers and Henna.

So what do you all think? Am I crazy to consider using both. I have very fine hair,that currently graze my shoulders--- not sure of the type yet.

Mystic

I relaxed my hair with Phyto 1 for years while using henna and had no adverse reactions at all. In fact using henna while relaxing with phyto was way more beneficial to my strands.

MonaLisa

User of Phyto II, switching to Phyto I next touch up -

fine haired,

using body art quality henna (wouldn't advise using any other henna but that)

no problems with using.

Aspasia

I relaxed my hair with Phyto 1 for years while using henna and had no adverse reactions at all. In fact using henna while relaxing with phyto was way more beneficial to my strands.

Thank you so much for sharing. I used Optimum and my hairline broke off like you would not believe. Also my hairdresser left the AVeda permanent hair color on for about 1 hour. The assistant had a hard time rising it off because it was like a hard cake kinda like Henna would be.

Anyway the top of my head has breakage and I'm hoping that Henna will heal and propel it to grow--I've been reading all the links on relaxing and how that can benefit the hair. What do you think.

Also How often do you relax? Last time I did it was last year in around July and not since. But the front of my hair just won't seem to come back even though I feel that brush of baby hairs-

Aspasia

Thank you for sharing.

How often to you spread your relaxer between Phyto 1?

Should I henna first and then Phyto 4 weeks later?

taz007

I use Phyto II and I henna/indigo every week with absolutely no problems (even right before a relaxer).

soulie

User of Phyto II, switching to Phyto I next touch up -

fine haired,

using body art quality henna (wouldn't advise using any other henna but that)

no problems with using.

A little OT: why are you switching from II to I?

caribgirl

I use Phyto II and BAQ Henna. I usually use Henna a week before relaxing and then 2-3 weeks after that. No problems at all and I love the duo!

Aspasia

I use Phyto II and BAQ Henna. I usually use Henna a week before relaxing and then 2-3 weeks after that. No problems at all and I love the duo!

Thank you for sharing your regime. BTW your hair is soo shiny in yor siggy, WOW!!! Apparently your hair loves this program:yep:

Mystic

I do not relax anymore but when I used to, I usually relax every 3-4 months and henna every month. Sorry to hear about the other relaxer and how damaging it was to your hair.

Thank you for sharing.

How often to you spread your relaxer between Phyto 1?

Should I henna first and then Phyto 4 weeks later?

Aspasia

I do not relax anymore but when I used to, I usually relax every 3-4 months and henna every month. Sorry to hear about the other relaxer and how damaging it was to your hair.

Thank you for sharing and being so sweet. I'm taking control of my own hair so it's all good : ) :grin:

MonaLisa

A little OT: why are you switching from II to I?

Index I seems to describe my hair more...

Phyto Phytospecific Phytorelaxer Index 1 - Delicate/Thin Hair

Phyto Phytospecific Phytorelaxer Index 2 - Normal, Thick, Coarse Hair

No biggie other than that as to why I'm trying the first one...it's still Phyto.