Phonytail=Tender scalp??

sithembile

I've worn my new phonytail twice, and my scalp is so tender and my hairline feels stretched. What am I doing wrong, I feel like its going to break my hair!

Tracy

Nothing wrong.....I couldn't wear one either (I wore mine once)....

Sometimes they are just too heavy depending on the hair and scalp and the weight causes more problems than the phonytail fixes.....

LABETT

You have to make sure your ponytail is not too tight scalp
always get sore and tender if I have it too tight and bobby pins can be a culprit also.

Nonpareil

Does it have metal? I've noticed that my scalp goes nuts when it reacts with metal - clips, bobby pins, hairpieces with metal clamps, etc. makes my scalp itchy, sore, inflamed.

sithembile

The clip is plastic, I try not to make it too tight, but I'm so afraid it will fall off! Anyway, I'm back to my boring old bun today.

bettydavis

[ QUOTE ]
virtuasis said:
Does it have metal? I've noticed that my scalp goes nuts when it reacts with metal - clips, bobby pins, hairpieces with metal clamps, etc. makes my scalp itchy, sore, inflamed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just realised that that is probably the reason why I used to get sores on my scalp. Also tight ponytails can cause breakage, esp around the hairline, it's happened to me. You could try doing a couple cornrows around your hair line.