Permanent Color + Sulfur

2ndsbetter

Hello!

I want to dye my hair jet black using permanent color but I used my sulfur mix last night. Can I safely color today or should I wait?

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I would wait at least three days before coloring. Have you colored your hair black before?

Have you ever tried using a rinse instead of permanent color? Surprisingly, a rinse was able to cover my grey/silvery strands for about four months. I thought I would have to use permanent dye, but it worked surprisingly well for my needs.

2ndsbetter

NappyNelle said:
I would wait at least three days before coloring. Have you colored your hair black before?

Have you ever tried using a rinse instead of permanent color? Surprisingly, a rinse was able to cover my grey/silvery strands for about four months. I thought I would have to use permanent dye, but it worked surprisingly well for my needs.

Thanks. I've done a black rinse before that didn't cover my greys. I want to color black to get rid of the brown I naturally have and the red from henna. I also hope permanent helps with low porosity and tracking growth rate.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
2ndsbetter said:
Hello!

I want to dye my hair jet black using permanent color but I used my sulfur mix last night. Can I safely color today or should I wait?

I wouldn't do it. I believe you're supposed to wait 7 days before and after a chemical service to use Sulfur.