Im trying to find away around coloring my hair

dany06

Can cellophane, rinses, and semi permanent color do the same as henna? In the past when I used henna it actually turned my hair a burgundy color that was slightly apparent indoors and very visible outdoors. Well all of that hair has been cut off and now I just want a tinge of brown in my hair. Im naturally off black/ dark brown. I keep debating if I want to permanently color my hair, but in the end I realize that my hair cant handle color. Or atleast I cant handle the damage due to color. I just want visibly dark brown hair without using permanent color or bleach like Luminze. Once in the past I used a goldish colored semi permanent dye (Clairol Beautiful) and my hair turn from dusty off black to dark jet black. There was no transparent color that reflected in the sun anywhere. I dont mind if the color looks invisible until outdoors but I dont want to look like I dyed my hair jet black. Do any of you guys have recommendations for a non permanet color that will make my off black/dark brown look a bit more brown rather than black?

locabouthair

I believe if you want to go lighter than your natural color, you would need a dye or something permanent.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Spongie Bloom

If you want dark brown hair why dont you henna with some indigo in the mix, it turns the hair dark brown instead of the blue black that happens with the 2 step?