Patch of hair that keeps breaking off.

Hey ladies,
My hair is growing swimmingly with the exception of a patch of hair in the middle of my head that keeps breaking off. Do any of you have this problem. This patch of hair seems thicker than the rest. It will grow a little and then It would break off. I would like to have it catch up to the rest of my hair. I have 4a hair texture and I have a relaxer. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks ;-)

lotusdream

I have natural hair and I have a patch like that too and it seems like it is a different texture as well. I am not sure how to go about taking care of it. Maybe it needs to be treated differently from the rest of my hair. Right now I am applying a growth aid to that section while I keep it in braids.

Stiletto_Diva

I have the same problem in the crown of my head. I had it when I was relaxed and now that I'm natural. The area of m head is a different texture. Tt's thicker than the rest of my hair and is always the driest. I just try to baby that area.

locabouthair

Try to baby that area. Is it dry? If so give it a little extra moisture, apply more conditioner on it. Maybe relax it last or relax it every other relaxer.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

It is the relaxer, i promise. My crown had this one area that would always always always grow then break off. It was drier than the rest of my hair and rough. When I stopped relaxing bone straight the problem never happened again. That was probably 4 or 5 years ago now.

DeenIsFirst

Could it be that the patch is thicker than the rest but the actual strands are finer? I had a problem with the extra fine hairs when I was relaxed (still do), they had to be relaxed last or they became extremely weak.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I've had this problem "area". In My Case, when it breaks, it breaks all the way down to the NG.:perplexed

Now that I am a complete DIY (instead of a Weekly Salon Go-er) I can focus heavily on that area with alot of Moisture and TLC.

Because like alot of the Posters have already said, it's extremely drier, sometimes 'itchier' and a completely different texture.

I make sure I keep it moisturized and now that I am "self relaxing" this area is always "last" and it is never relaxed bone-straight and I never leave the Relaxer on that area long.:yep:

charmtreese

Just chiming in...I have had the same problem while relaxed and natural, the same spot keeps breaking off! Now Im trying to be majorly proactive and I have devised a plan to grow this area to the length of the rest of my hair.

1. Nightly massages with black & bossie natural hair oil mixed with castor oil and rosemary eo.
2. Nioxin Supplements
3. Increased Exercise

jamaraa

Try some natural oils there, that should help in addition to keeping stess off that area in pony tails. That part should be relaxed last, for obvious reasons, but I'd definately come up w/ a nice little massage oil for that area (see the post above mine for ideas). If you use nothing else, castor oil should be it, IMHO.

I have the same issue, and it happens regardless of whether I am relaxed or natural. But as a natural, it is so clear that the texture in that spot is VERY different. It appears thicker/courser to the touch, but in actuality it is sooo fragile. What really helps me is to treat that area as if it's a separate head of hair. For instance, when you detangle, comb, whatever, don't let it mix in with the rest of your hair, work on it separately. If I comb it together with another texture on my head, I get major breakage. Even if the area is wet and saturated with conditioner, it just does not like to be combed with the rest of my hair.

beana

I have the same problem!!! That area is itchy and tight at the scalp, the hair feels hard and that section of hair doens't seem to have a curl pattern at all. that area will grow to 8inches if im lucky then it gradually starts to break again. its like a 2x2inch section of hair.

virtuenow

I have the same problem!!! That area is itchy and tight at the scalp, the hair feels hard and that section of hair doens't seem to have a curl pattern at all. that area will grow to 8inches if im lucky then it gradually starts to break again. its like a 2x2inch section of hair.

Bumping for more responses. I thought it ws just me! It is almost exactly 2x2 at the crown! I measured today. I plan to mix some essential oils-- focus on peppermint, grapefruit oil and jojoba & olive oil. Any other tips would be greatly welcomed!!!

rere32

I had this problem every since I gave birth to my first son. Every time that area would get to a certain length, it would break off to NG. Some say it could be due to hormones, different textures or just plain neglect.
You have to give this area more attention. I was told to use Olive oil mixed with your favorite stimulating oil and massage, massage,massage.