Paging Sweetcocoa ...

iris

Sweetcocoa your hair is the bomb! I never would have believed that those who wear natural hair could achieve hair that straight only by doing a roller set! Can you recommend a product to use to keep my hair from reverting back to its natural state once it's styled? I have found when I take a bath or just plain wash my face, if the water finds its way to my hair it reverts back to its curly state despite my straightening efforts with the flatiron or curling iron. Thanks alot and again you are such an inspiration /images/graemlins/grin.gif. Your photos have literally stopped me from relaxing my hair and really pushed me to learn how to be patient and take care of my natural hair /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Keep up the good work,
<font color="blue">Iris</font>

sweetcocoa

Hi Iris. I posted what I set my hair with in the thread with my updated album. In the winter I have no problems with my hair not reverting in the winter, but in the summer I don't even bother. I just shampoo condition and wear my hair back. Before I shampoo or shower I apply a little of my shea pomade and wrap my hair around my head then secure it with a hairnet. I then tie a strip of an old towel around my hairline before putting on my shower cap. Once I get out of the shower I don't remove the hairnet until my hair has a chance to 'dry out' from the humidity...usually right before I go out the door. If it's really cold out I'll just leave the hair net on my wrapped hair and put my hat over it until I get to work and remove it in the bathroom then style my hair. After aerobics class I just do the same thing I do in the summer and don't even bother setting it. The next day I wear the curls you see.

iris

Thanks for your reply Sweetcocoa. I'll definately try your routine and see what happens /images/graemlins/grin.gif. I'm determined not to relax my hair, and your photo album and hair journal was just the encouragement I needed /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Keep up the great work
Iris