Paging Blkmane

G

Blkmane would you mind posting the ingredients to the Dudley PCA moisture retainer? I've been wanting to try this product for a while now and heard it was pretty good.

Thanks!
wandak2

BlkMane

Wandak2-

I don't HAVE the Dudley's PCA moisture retainer. I don't use any Dudley's products. However, I do use a sodium PCA product by Twinlabs which is a spray. It's basically PURE PCA and water and some other stuff (I don't remember the ingredients). The spray is used on wet hair, then rinsed out. It works wonders as far as moisturization. I've noticed a dramatic difference in my hair and my hair was never dry to start with. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Do you want the ingredients for that?

Armyqt

Pooh, I have the Dudley's PCA at home. I will post the ingredients later tonight when i get home. It will be around 9pm est.

G

Thanks Armyqt. Would you mind giving me a product review also?

wandak2

Armyqt

Hey Pooh. Girl I forgot all about this. I was just sitting here browsing through the posts and ran into it. Anyways, here goes:

Dudley's PCA Moisture Retainer: Deionized water, proplylene glycol, glycerine, petrolatum, glycerly stearate, emulsifying wax N.F., sodium PCA, lanolin oil, cetyl alcohol, hydrolyzed animal protein, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance, carbomer, triethanolamine, panthenol, 2-bromo 2-nitropropane-1, 3-diol, biotin.

The Ingredients don't really look like anything special, but this stuff does work. I don't use it exclusively all the time. I love moisturisers and I rotate them on different days. When I use it, I usually mix it with a little WGo and work thru dry hair. It makes the hair very soft and it keeps it that way. I really like it in my arsenal. I try to rotate it with my own homemade shea butter mix and ors carrot oil. It's also pretty expensive. The 8oz bottle is 12.50 at Trade secret. If u try it, let me know how it works for u. HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif

G

Thanks Armyqt! I appreciate your advice. Your hair is gorgeous by the way. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I'll let you know how I like the Dudley's. I will probably get some next month.

wandak2

G

Re: Paging Blkmane slightly OT

Londondiva, you should be able to see them now.

LondonDiva

Sorry Pooh
I can't see them. It says that your album is empty. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

G

LondonDiva, I apologize, my setting was to private instead of public. Please try again and let me know if you can access them. Thanks!

SVT

Hey Pooh, I can see your pics! Very nice!

BlkMane

Re: Paging Blkmane (Twinlab Na-PCA ingredients)

Pooh123-

The ingredients of Twinlab Na-PCA Non-Oily (spray Sodium PCA) are:

Purified water, Na-PCA (the sodium salt of pyrrolidone carboxylic acid), eucalyptus, ethanol, monolaurin (the principal antimicrobial factor in mother's milk)

Hypo-allergenic

This is what it says on the bottle:

"Twinlab Na-PCA is a Ph-balanced, concentrated solution of the sodium salt of pyrrolidone carboxylic acid, the natural moisturizing factor found in human skin. Na-PCA is synthesized from glutamic acid, a nonessential amino acid. The skin contains natural moisturizers, the most important being Na-PCA.

Old skin contains about half the amount of Na-PCA as that found in young skin. The ability of skin to HOLD MOISTURE is DIRECTLY RELATED TO ITS Na-PCA content. It is water, and not oil, that keeps skin soft and supple. Na-PCA pulls water out of the air, moisturizing the skin, improving its appearance, and giving it a moist and youthful glow. This is not a cosmetic cover up; it is a physiological correction of an age-related deficiency state.

Directions: After bath or shower, spray liberally on the hands and apply to the face and other skin areas. Na-PCA may ALSO BE USED TO CONDITION DRY OR DAMAGED hair. To condition hair..wet hair before using. Apply and leave on hair for 5 minutes. Then rinse."

I love this stuff. My hair has NEVER felt better!! I don't know how else to describe it to you. My hair has always been soft, but now it just feels MOIST!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif And this does not frizz my hair at all.

I will probably use this stuff forever. This is a keeper for me! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

It comes in a white spray bottle. Note that there is another version that contains aloe vera, but that version does not say that you can apply it to hair.

I've also been using this on my skin, but only occasionally.

It costs $8.75 for a 8 fl. oz. bottle. It seems like it will last for a long time.

G

Thanks for the informative post Blkmane. You and Armyqt have been so helpful! I'll have to put both of these products on my must have list. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LANYCLADY

So Blkmane, How do you use the Twinlab Na-PCA. Do you condition first, and then spray it on, leave in for five minutes and rinse out?

Thanks,

BlkMane

Yes, that is exactly what I do. I spray it on (leave on for 5 minutes and rinse out) BETWEEN my moisturing or protein conditioner and my FINISHING conditioner. I always use Tropical Avocado Hair Conditioning Cream as a finishing conditioner (a.k.a. rinse). It gives my hair extra "slip" and extra softness.

LondonDiva

**creeps into thread**

**takes note of the product name and swears blind she's not turning into a PJ**

**creeps out of thread** /images/graemlins/wink.gif